Awoo.

Sonic Forces SPOILER Thread

Ellipsis-Ultima

Ya know, I wonder why they keep stressing that the clones are as strong as the originals...when they get taken out in one hit.

Outside of Zavok in the first cutscene, all clones have died in one hit...

13 hours ago, DabigRG said:

You know how I was questioning why Cream was the only major character not to be in this game? Well, I just remember another character who really could've shown up as well: Gemerl!

Why would they bring Gemerl back?  He was literally in one game that came out over 10 years ago.

• Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, PC the Hedgehog said:

I've seen that one line being made fun of all over the place, which is well-deserved; it's kind of a dumb line.

Other than that, though, I think 99% of the dialogue in the game is generally well-received. Which, for Pontaff's track record, is pretty darn great.

"I'm not weak" and a few of Amy's lines have also been jokes about

10 minutes ago, KHCast said:

"I'm not weak" and a few of Amy's lines have also been jokes about

Every line in a Sonic game becomes a meme eventually

1 hour ago, JezMM said:

Why would they bring Gemerl back?  He was literally in one game that came out over 10 years ago.

More or less the same rationale as that for why the Chaos Emeralds should be in the game, I assume.  The ending of Sonic Advance 3 parked Gemerl somewhere where it would be easy for him to come back any time, he's a friend of one of Sonic's friends, he's a powerful robot, Sonic's friends are all involved in a war: Therefore, why wouldn't he be involved?  I take a more flexible view myself, rather than simply "he could be, therefore he should be"; it's easy to suggest, for instance, that Gemerl is acting as a bodyguard to Cream and Vanilla, or something like that.  But of course the real reason is that the developers didn't care for the ending of Advance 3 to have consequences, they just wanted it to be cute and bittersweet and then never think about it again.  Gemerl as a character now exists only for the fans...

53 minutes ago, Patron said:

Looks like you can't cross the bridge in Iron Fortress unless you hit the scripted booster.

You can't do most things without the boosters

1 hour ago, Patron said:

Looks like you can't cross the bridge in Iron Fortress unless you hit the scripted booster.

Speed Strats!?  Mania's one blessing of goodness upon this game and you don't even appreciate it gosh

(This stage and the amount of scripting in Classic Sonic's gameplay is still garbo overall though)

• Thumbs Up 4

1 hour ago, Patron said:

That part INFURIATED me the first time I played because I kept jumping over the booster and quickly falling to my death until I realized I needed it to get through. Meh.

• Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, kalion said:

What train? I'm confused

All four DLCs are technically preorder bonuses, but for one reason or another they were free, so you could still get them after the launch. Three are permanently gone and one's remaining for now.

Not sure because it's google translated, but apparently there's an interview where Nakamura says that full scale development of Forces began last year.

- In the back side where " Sonic toon " is developing, you "knocked" what to do with " Sonic " all the time.

Nakamura Yes. The project started four years ago, and we first advanced basic research on new technologies and new engines. A year later, I formed a small team, and finally full-scale production began last year around last year. This time it was longer than usual

Here. Looks like the first two years was spent making Hedgehog Engine 2. 

I can't seem to be able to make topics so I don't know where else to put this. *shrug*

• Thumbs Up 3

Looking back again, why exactly were  Zomom's Worms in Green Hill at the beginning?

57 minutes ago, Razule said:

Not sure because it's google translated, but apparently there's an interview where Nakamura says that full scale development of Forces began last year.

Here. Looks like the first two years was spent making Hedgehog Engine 2. 

I can't seem to be able to make topics so I don't know where else to put this. *shrug*

Oh my goodness, that's terrible if it's accurate.

• Thumbs Up 3