Awoo.

Sonic Forces SPOILER Thread

Ellipsis-Ultima

13 hours ago, Diogenes said:

It's not like the geography of Sonic's world has ever been consistent from game to game.

Sure, but a lot of the old manuals kept referring to South Island. Pretty much all the Gamegear games at least referenced it, and most took place there.

There's no conceivable way this huge landmass passes for an island, so it feels like a pretty major change.

And the thing is, I'm not even sure it was an intentional retcon so much as nobody at Sonic Team remembering/caring about what the old games said.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, JezMM said:

I mean, these glitches clearly require some experimentation and setup to get to work judging by how carefully the player positions themselves before performing them.  I've clocked over 24 hours on the game and not encountered anything major or consistent through regular play.  (Classic Sonic has inconsistenty caught himself on geometry now and then, causing me to fail going up a ramp or something, but yeah, it's always been a freak thing).  It's not anywhere close to 2006 level, in terms of glitches it seems fairly on par with most modern Sonic games really.

With a few rare exceptions, that fall animation is just for after Sonic uncurls from a homing attack, you don't normally see it for more than half a second.

...But yeah that stomping sfx mistake is really dumb.

I mean, this one doesn't take that much experimentation, lol. It's just as easy as... don't go forward for once and boost to the right.

Also, if we're going by that logic, I didn't have any major glitch while playing 06 for the first time, my campaign was pretty much ok, but that doesn't make the game any less broken.

If all it takes to break it is just... go a different way rather than forward then, yeah it's a glitchy game.

It's so easy to clip through collisions and stages, not even SADX allowed you to do that this often and this easily.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, AAUK said:

Nothing I said, you know, years ago, is future proof. However one thing will always hold true: Sonic Team can change their minds. An oft skipped over fact I mentioned right in the beginning when I made the mistake of answering canon questions on the SEGA forum way back when. 

Canon is whatever Sonic Team want at any given moment. It is play-doh, farted out through whatever game shaped hole that is designed. Canon is utterly worthless at this point, with the characters having any kind of overarching development in Sonic games being a storytelling trait long dead.  So it is kind of pointless even caring about it. 

Also if Generations is canon thanks to Forces 1) that's stupid and 2) that's really f***ing stupid.

Which probably means it is.

Mania and Forces having continuity with each other didn’t count? 

5 hours ago, Sonikko said:

Also, why is the falling animation composed of just one frame?

Even Adventure 2 had a more realistic falling animation, with Sonic's quills flapping in the air.

• Chuckle 1

3 hours ago, JeffoJamming said:

Either they never finished his face or this was how he originally meant to look

infinite no mask.png

Where’s this picture from? That’s...huh, certainly very different from the digital comic. 

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

Mania and Forces having continuity with each other didn’t count? 

He didn't say that, of course a continuity exists, but things can change at a moment's notice. 

11 minutes ago, Gabz Girl said:

Where’s this picture from? That’s...huh, certainly very different from the digital comic. 

Doesn't make the prequel comic's description inaccurate, just means they didn't bother to finish a part of the model they'd never show.

I assume someone already noticed and asked this, but don't really feel like reading through 150 pages. So anyway: at the beginning of the game, before Sonic is beaten to a pulp and locked up for "torture", Green Hill is already messed up, being turned into a dessert with giant Eggman robot wrecks at the end . If Sonic hasn't even confronted Eggman yet and Eggman hasn't taken over the world yet, with the 'resistance' not even formed yet, how does this all makes sense? When did Green Hill get turned into a dessert? Who defeated those giant robots? Or are we just gonna assume that is all the results of that ruby already?

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Tarnish said:

I assume someone already noticed and asked this, but don't really feel like reading through 150 pages. So anyway: at the beginning of the game, before Sonic is beaten to a pulp and locked up for "torture", Green Hill is already messed up, being turned into a dessert with giant Eggman robot wrecks at the end . If Sonic hasn't even confronted Eggman yet and Eggman hasn't taken over the world yet, with the 'resistance' not even formed yet, how does this all makes sense? When did Green Hill turned into a dessert? Who defeated those giant robots? Or are we just gonna assume that is all the results of that ruby already?

Because OC was originally the first playable character and Green Hill was a later level maybe

My own suspicion is that the levels were designed in a vacuum from the story and that the original level order was cut up and rearranged at some point.  Probably also the writers had limited access to the actual levels themselves, considering that Vector, in a city that's been under siege by Death Egg Robots for months since then, expresses astonishment that Death Egg Robots are being mass-produced now.

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Promotion 1

Then again, I really shouldn't expect continuity and logic from Sonic Team at this point. Just a bad habbit of mine that I'm still looking for such things in a Sonic game.

Can someone explain to me the logic behind the final boss?

First of all, why is it called a Death Egg robot when it's:

a. Not on the Death Egg
b. Not powered by the Death Egg
c. Has no resemblance to Eggman or any Eggman Robot

second of all, when the machine is defeated and you can see it power down, why does it not just immediately fall to the ground below? It's not connected to the bottom or anything, It's hovering mid-air.
rKfQsUH.png

Third, When the first machine is defeated and the Colors actual final boss comes out, now we're all of a sudden in Null space, yet the team is able to communicate with Sonic?

Fourth, Eggman doesn't escape apparently, he either falls to his death in the first phase or is charred to a crisp along with the second robot in Null Space. Wtf kind of ending is that. At least we knew that he was alive in Generations or Colors. Here it's not that far off to assume that, based on what little we know, that Eggman fucking died.

This final boss is mind boggling. 

• Thumbs Up 4

Im assuming eggman had no idea how to properly control null space. Seeing as he assuned so
nic would never escape at first

5 hours ago, JeffoJamming said:

infinite no mask.png

Well Shadow was right, he does have an "ugly loser face"...I mean jeez!!

• Chuckle 4

So far as the final boss's name is concerned, I'm hard-pressed to think of an explanation for that beyond just plain sloppiness and lack of polish.  It seems there are some sources calling it the Mega Death Egg Robot?  That would be a very slight improvement, at least...

As for the second stage, I assume it was all Illusions.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, McGroose said:

Fourth, Eggman doesn't escape apparently, he either falls to his death in the first phase or is charred to a crisp along with the second robot in Null Space. Wtf kind of ending is that. At least we knew that he was alive in Generations or Colors. Here it's not that far off to assume that, based on what little we know, that Eggman fucking died.

At the end of the boss we see Null Space fall apart with the actual world behind it in the background. Buuuut.. it's not like Eggman hasn't been defeated in situations where it's logically unlikely he'd survive before.

Maybe they didn't give him an epilogue because:

A. The ending was rushed

B. They had no idea how to write Eggman's reaction to a loss such as this, but thought that the usual wacky Eggman epilogue would be against the tone of the game

Eggman finally taking over the world could have, in theory, been such a high point for his character.. it's going to be really jarring when the next game comes out and it's business as usual and the events of this game are ignored

• Thumbs Up 2

6 hours ago, McGroose said:

Can someone explain to me the logic behind the final boss?

First of all, why is it called a Death Egg robot when it's:

a. Not on the Death Egg
b. Not powered by the Death Egg
c. Has no resemblance to Eggman or any Eggman Robot

[...]

It's an upgraded version of the regular Death Egg Robots, which don't come from there either, but were built in the image of the first model and are named accordingly. The soundtrack actually differentiates the boss as Mega Death Egg Robot.

12 hours ago, JeffoJamming said:

infinite no mask.png

Shadow really fucked him up, huh?

No wonder he refuses to show his face now.

1 hour ago, RedFox99 said:

What happened during Big Wave?

Everyone died...

Boom! The End!

That's the only way you can explain what happened.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1

On 11/16/2017 at 9:33 AM, JeffoJamming said:

infinite no mask.png

Oh my goodness, he looks like something from Bendy and the Ink Machine