Awoo.

Sonic Forces SPOILER Thread

Ellipsis-Ultima

Just now, Zippo said:

I was able to record most of the stream. I'll be uploading what I can.

There's something about seeing your Megaman avatar that always gives me hope when it comes to seeing spoilers. :)

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

Based onthe footage...

It's gonna be a solid 6-8 out of 10 with most critics...

But it really shouldn't, so much of what we're seeing here just takes the control away from the player and makes the game a "watch me whilst I do something cool" instead of "Here's the tools, here's the environment can YOU do something cool?"

Due to the release being near Mario Odyssey festival of 10/10's, it's inevitable that the reviewers are going to compare.

And once that happens, expect to see something like this:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 3

10 minutes ago, ShadowSJG said:

What don't you like about this game?

Well, I don't exactly hate much until I see the whole package, and I came late to the party, so I'm going by what has been shown and said in the topic--I may not be right about my critiques.

But what I don't like is the bungling of another story, and one I was really looking forward to. The gameplay also hasn't evolved well since it was introduced, and seems to be less immersive than previous titles--it almost seems like every game with this style gets less and less immersive per release.

As time went on, I've been having less hopes about this game--not to the extremes that other people have tho, more like "meh, at least the story might be worthwhile."

All in all, Sonic Team is playing it rather safe despite the reactions this game has gotten. I just wish they'd do some better and more than what I'm seeing and hearing. Also, the Avatar character, but even that is pretty "eh" overall.

I recommend people look up the interviews for Hashimoto, who did Unleashed. He was I think an asset designer for Adventure and the programmer for Adventure 2. 

The great thing about him being the director for that game is that he would go a little in-depth on how the game is coded. 

I can't find it but somewhere he said that he wanted to incorporate more adventure/classic design mixture in the future(not like in Generations). Sad that he no longer works for Sega...From what I gathered, he wanted push the series forward.

• Thumbs Up 3

I haven't watched the beginning of the game, is Modern Sonic actually defeated and captured by Eggman? That's what my contact told me back then...

The Eggman took over the world in months was true, althought I didn't knew it was just a text block...

1 minute ago, Jango said:

I haven't watched the beginning of the game, is Modern Sonic actually defeated and captured by Eggman? That's what my contact told me back then...

Could you link to that post again, just for curiosities sake?

5 minutes ago, theofficefan99 said:

Anyone catch a glimpse of the opening?

If you've seen the story trailer you've seen a smidge of it.

13 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

The people who still think this is a bad idea are the most confusing...

Not bad idea, but the execution of it has been pretty poor since Colors. The 2D level design and pacing has been jarringly different from the 3D levels, and for what are billed as 3D platformers, the 2D levels / level segments have taken up half or more than half of the actual gameplay.

Compare that to the Mario Galaxy games and Odyssey,  where the 2D gameplay sections is generally more similar to the pacing and design of the 3D levels, and those 2D gameplay sections themselves only take up small chunks of the entire game.

If you can't be bothered to do an idea justice, then don't do it at all.

11 minutes ago, theofficefan99 said:

It’s a CG cutscene of Dr Eggman talking about his greatest creation, that of course being Infinite.

Then it throws you right into the action with Modern Green Hill where Tails warns Sonic that he has to hurry back home because Dr Eggman is attacking the city. Sonic arrives and saves Tails and some innocent civilians.

But then...Dr Eggman introduces his newest and greatest creation (haven’t heard that one before!), Infinite.

Infinite proceeds to beat Sonic to a pulp along with Shadow, Metal Sonic, Chaos and Zavok (all clones or copies from the looks of it). Sonic collapses, Tails screams in despair and you get some black screens with text telling us that Dr Eggman took over the world shortly after this incident and captured Sonic. 

That’s pretty much it! The fight scene was cool and intense, and I think Infinite is starting to grow on me. XD BUT...the black screens of text suck.

Anyway, hope that summary was helpful for you. ^^

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Chuckle 1

Just now, Gabz Girl said:

It’s a CG cutscene of Dr Eggman talking about his greatest creation, that of course being Infinite.

Then it throws you right into the action with Modern Green Hill where Tails warns Sonic that he has to hurry back home because Dr Eggman is attacking the city. Sonic arrives and saves Tails and some innocent civilians.

But then...Dr Eggman introduces his newest and greatest creation (haven’t heard that one before!), Infinite.

Infinite proceeds to beat Sonic to a pulp along with Shadow, Metal Sonic, Chaos and Zavok (all clones or copies from the looks of it). Sonic collapses, Tails screams in despair and you get some black screens with text telling us that Dr Eggman shortly took over the world after this incident and captured Sonic. 

That’s pretty much it! The fight scene was cool and intense, and I think Infinite is starting to grow on me. XD BUT...the black screens of text suck. 

Is it actually CG or is it using the game's engine?

9 minutes ago, theofficefan99 said:

It's the story trailer, but Orbot says "wow, the boss is serious this time" and Eggman pushes Cubot aside (he was washing the tube Infinite was in) so he could get a better look. He then says he'll conquer the world. 

That's about it.

Cue non-contextual Green Hill level, then the cutscene where Sonic gets defeated by Infinite, and Tails sits there playing on his tablet. 

Then a paragraph (white text on black background) saying that Eggman conquered 99% of the world.

Yup.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1

Just now, theofficefan99 said:

Is it actually CG or is it using the game's engine?

It’s the same cutscene we saw in that story trailer from a while ago. It’s definitely not real time like the others. 

2 minutes ago, Jango said:

Yep. Just to explain the opening in more detail:

- First cutscene is Eggman overseeing Infinite's creation, lamenting on how much he hates Sonic etc.

- Immediately following that is Modern Green Hill (from the demo). Sonic is racing towards the city to help Tails.

- Second cutscene has Tails and other citizens rescued by Sonic, who taunts Eggman as usual. Suddenly, he's ambushed by Shadow, Zavok, Metal Sonic and Chaos. Infinite appears, and Sonic gets curbstomped by the five villains. Sonic is unable to get up, Tails shouts "SONIC!", and cut to black. Cue text explaining how Sonic was defeated (he's presumed dead by the other heroes) and Eggman takes over the world in the months following that.

50 minutes ago, Razule said:

Eh, looks like Reddit and Youtube thinks it's great.

Aka the same reactions and hype they have had since day 1 they are happy and looking forward to it , and its the same people who haven't liked it here since day 1. At this point we know if you want the game your getting it and if you don't you won't. I just want to hear the ginal boss theme

People keep saying Shadow, Zavok, Chaos, and Metal Sonic are fake. What proof is offered for this as I personally don't want to believe it as it seems kind of....lazy.

Just now, SonicAKG said:

People keep saying Shadow, Zavok, Chaos, and Metal Sonic are fake. What proof is offered for this as I personally don't want to believe it as it seems kind of....lazy.

Zavok vanishes in front of  you after you beat him in a cutscene

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, SonicAKG said:

Apparently they just fade away after you beat them or something.

And of course it's lazy.

• Thumbs Up 3

Just now, Night on Balding Mountain said:

Zavok vanishes in front of  you after you beat him in a cutscene

That and they’re all glitchy and stuff. Makes me wonder where the hell Shadow is with all this going down.

5 minutes ago, Gabz Girl said:

It’s the same cutscene we saw in that story trailer from a while ago. It’s definitely not real time like the others. 

everything in the story trailer is in-game tho

Metal Sonic being fake is kind of unnecessary, don't you think? Can't Eggman make another Metal Sonic whenever he wants?

• Thumbs Up 3