Awoo.

Sonic Forces SPOILER Thread

Ellipsis-Ultima

@Almar TV Tropes lists Rouge and Omega as Satellite Characater for Shadow and I can see why given that a lot of the times when the Team is present Shadow is the main one who gets the spotlight while Rouge and Omega are more or less side characters. 

1 hour ago, RedFox99 said:

@Almar TV Tropes lists Rouge and Omega as Satellite Characater for Shadow and I can see why given that a lot of the times when the Team is present Shadow is the main one who gets the spotlight while Rouge and Omega are more or less side characters. 

Omega more so.

2 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

And on some level , that was the point for a while. Team sonic, Team rose, and Team chaotix members all have abilities that the other one can't do. Shadow can do, and has done both of the other members jobs more effectively than they have. The only thing in the past forever that rouge actually did that made her worth existing on a team, was give shadow intell in the forces comic. That was interesting, issue is rouge is a thief and while being a theif and a spy can make you privy to information. I don't want rouge doing that rouge, can actually do stuff outside of shadow. Omega could as well but no one would care. If you wanna give shadow an intell guy or girl, let him befriend a new character and just let team dark dissolve. Shadow is so popular that he's gonna be popular with or with out their inclusion, an if sega gets rid of gun there's less reason for them to stick around. Let rouge and shadow be their own characters. I would also say omega but no one gives a shit . Like seriously, you could just delete omega no one would care. 

4 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

I feel like Omega is the most shallow of Team Dark.

He's literally " well they need a third team member , lets make a sassy robot! " and instead of dissapearing forever , like he should have. He's still around for no reason. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/5/2018 at 9:43 PM, ShadowSJG said:

How would you fix Shadow, Chaos, Zavok and Metal Sonic's roles?

Also on the side, does anyone think the Avatar is kind of a gary stu.

I think Zavok was fine. Metal I would've liked to see more of, and have him be the actual Metal Sonic rather than an illusion. He could've been a bit more recurring, or maybe as a series of side missions where he's a more constant threat to the Resistance. Chaos and Shadow just needed actual boss fights, and there needed to be a better explanation as to why the real Shadow has been missing for months. Rouge could've had a character arc over losing her friend to Eggman's side and helped more in tracking him down. 

It'd require a narrative overhaul, but optional side stories where you track down and fight against the other villains might've worked. Main story still focuses on Eggman and Infinite, and you'd need to beat all 4 of the other villains to unlock the true ending. And as long as this is a pipe dream: Final boss rush against Perfect Chaos, Super Shadow, Metal Overlord, and Giant Zavok (all below their "true" power due to overexerting the Phantom Ruby, so they can be beat without the Chaos Emeralds) before Infinite and Phantom Death Egg.

The moment they actually set down a world map in stone in Unleashed, they were destined to retcon it one day.  Hard to do without, considering the nature of the game, but enormously limiting in future if they actually care about internal continuity (which they don't, but in this regard exclusively it was for the best).  Naturally it got thrown out, because while it was a major building block, it was also an irrelevant detail.  Geography will always change as new ideas demand it.

On 1/5/2018 at 10:43 PM, ShadowSJG said:

How would you fix Shadow, Chaos, Zavok and Metal Sonic's roles?

For one thing, having them just be illusions was a serious limitation to the hype for the story, but there is technically a strength to it. After all, having the real Shadow show up to expose his clone as a fake, while definitely wanky, was slightly better than just having him be mindcontrolled or whatever.

So, operating on that logic, here's some broad fixes on the spot:

• Give an actual reason and acknowledgement for Shadow's absence
  • Have Chaos show up again before the finale for a boss fight. I previously mentioned an expanded version of Classic Sonic's introduction via having Cream and Cheese in the story.
  • Zavok was actually the best handled of the four, so little complaint here. Maybe specify his role as Sonic's torturer, though. 
  • I've already expressed my apathy towards his very inclusion, but maybe have Metal Sonic show up once or twice before his boss fight. Or simply replace him with a different villain. Either way.

On 1/5/2018 at 10:43 PM, ShadowSJG said:

No. In fact, I appreciate that Sega actually made him a flawed character with accessory abilities instead of just having him be a complete Self-Insert Escapist Character. On top of being silent.

On 1/8/2018 at 2:13 PM, superman43 said:

Guys, what do you think... Would be Forces better if instead of Classic Sonic and Avatar Tails and Knuckles were used ? Or possibly more of the cast ?

I mean, I know there are some people that like the Avatar, but could that earn higher credit from critics and the audience if used well ? Sure, Sonic Team doesn´t do well in most cases.

I'm assuming you mean the Classic Triple Threat.

Eh, not really. The Avatar is easily the main draw of the game, in part because he/she was apparently gonna be the solo star at one part.

Plus, that would just feed into the "Generations 2" mindset in a really underwhelming way.

On 1/8/2018 at 4:13 PM, RedFox99 said:

Which is sad considering both could easily just do their own things, with Rouge even being both a Shadow Archetype to Knuckles and a Wild Card beyond the vain of Fang the Sniper

On 1/8/2018 at 6:25 PM, Shadowlax said:

Omega could as well but no one would care. 

I would also say omega but no one gives a shit . Like seriously, you could just delete omega no one would care. 

He's literally " well they need a third team member , lets make a sassy robot! " and instead of dissapearing forever , like he should have. He's still around for no reason. 

You must have a lot of trouble sitting down.

• Thumbs Up 2

7 hours ago, Razule said:

The annoying part of Zavok's battle is that it feels like the part with the robots was made for the Lost World homing attack

Yeah, I noticed that too. I just wanted to boop-boop-boop[!] those jokers whenever they surrounded Sonic.

I also feel like Zavok should've have a chance to throw down with Sonic himself and/or the ending moment where Sonic flat out punches him out should've been controllable by the player.

36 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

should've been controllable by the player

Controlling the character? IN A SONIC GAME? WHAT SORT OF NONSENSE IS THAT?!

13 minutes ago, Tarnish said:

Controlling the character? IN A SONIC GAME? WHAT SORT OF NONSENSE IS THAT?!

Well, there are a number of quicktime event and/or reaction command sequences throughout the game, so it's a little odd that they didn't make that one.

Well, got to play a bit of the game recently. Not going to repeat all the problems already listed months ago, but there is one thing that really annoyed me. The english dub.

The voice acting was really frustrating to hear to the point that for the first time forever in a Sonic game, I did switch to japanese.

1 hour ago, Korke said:

Well, got to play a bit of the game recently. Not going to repeat all the problems already listed months ago, but there is one thing that really annoyed me. The english dub.

The voice acting was really frustrating to hear to the point that for the first time forever in a Sonic game, I did switch to japanese.

Now was it the voice acting, or the script, or a combo of the two.

16 minutes ago, Balding Spider said:

Now was it the voice acting, or the script, or a combo of the two.

I vote for a combo. Wasn't the infamous "tortured for months" line created by Graff and not present in the jp dialogue?

6 minutes ago, Korke said:

I vote for a combo. Wasn't the infamous "tortured for months" line created by Graff and not present in the jp dialogue?

Can't really remember sorry to say. Through I do agree that the VA's and that script were a bad match.

1 hour ago, Korke said:

Pontaff, they were both there

that would be good dlc for an actual hard mode right there, that object placement looks a hell allot like unleashed's dlc.

You know, I was out shopping the other day at Walmart and I saw a copy of Forces sitting there for $20... this turd's only been out for a few month's and it has already fallen so far. I didn't buy it, but I just thought that was a good indicator of how poorly this game has done. GG, SEGA

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Harkofthewaa said:

You know, I was out shopping the other day at Walmart and I saw a copy of Forces sitting there for $20... this turd's only been out for a few month's and it has already fallen so far. I didn't buy it, but I just thought that was a good indicator of how poorly this game has done. GG, SEGA

So Sonic Forces goes closer to Mania´s selling price.

6 minutes ago, superman43 said:

So Sonic Forces goes closer to Mania´s selling price.

And overall Mania probably has a longer run time.