Awoo.

Sonic Forces SPOILER Thread

Ellipsis-Ultima

Oh, also I'll happily eat crow about the villains glitching out. Factoring in the error with Eggman's mustache in the trailer cutscene with Infinite, I thought it was just unfinished or there was some weird compression artifacting going on. Nope, they're just illusions... subverting even my low expectations. Bleh.

Anyone else having fun tonight? I'm going to a Halloween party. I'm making triple chocolate cookies. I heard there'll be beer.

• Thumbs Up 3

1 minute ago, Gabz Girl said:

That and they’re all glitchy and stuff. Makes me wonder where the hell Shadow is with all this going down.

Why do I gotta bad feeling they might not ever actually explain that in the game. 

And the answer in the shadow DLC will be " he was sent to another reality conveniently for the entire duration of this game" 

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

Apparently they just fade away after you beat them or something.

And of course it's lazy.

Yup.

boss1.thumb.jpg.360ed0ecc01edb6f508eb7706bfdf38f.jpgboss2.thumb.jpg.89c4ff9df26fab3c2974b4356b555132.jpgboss4.thumb.jpg.c33d1d03e3c9931736efcc1aa86c46e7.jpgboss5.thumb.jpg.4e8748f659793b70733118afadbadbf4.jpg

5 minutes ago, Gabz Girl said:

That and they’re all glitchy and stuff. Makes me wonder where the hell Shadow is with all this going down.

Eggman banished him to the earths core. Or something just as stupid, I don't fucking know

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, SonicAKG said:

People keep saying Shadow, Zavok, Chaos, and Metal Sonic are fake. What proof is offered for this as I personally don't want to believe it as it seems kind of....lazy.

Indeed especially because as I mentioned before with Zavok showing up later not showing any glitch aura around him it seems to be the same with Chaos here.

image.png.da8780dd3eaa19ebe55dbb2642bf23b7.pngimage.png.93e71e929c506b74c7f8f6ec3957a2e8.pngimage.png.d24b1edd10ce146b716d2a73420c2d9d.pngimage.png.30536a4fe766f075c57eb318831c699e.pngimage.png.ad4144a476d5b1f1530c6f69d84cedd8.pngimage.png.19fc76401721f05a92b792ee20e6213c.png

If you guys look here Chaos shows no glitch aura here but it's instead Classic Sonic as he is coming out of the portal.

• Thumbs Up 3

It's weird. I instinctively smiled when Classic Sonic popped in... must've been the Mania theme song. 

• Thumbs Up 4

2 minutes ago, SonicLegends said:

Indeed especially because as I mentioned before with Zavok showing up later not showing any glitch aura around him it seems to be the same with Chaos here.

image.png.da8780dd3eaa19ebe55dbb2642bf23b7.pngimage.png.93e71e929c506b74c7f8f6ec3957a2e8.pngimage.png.d24b1edd10ce146b716d2a73420c2d9d.pngimage.png.30536a4fe766f075c57eb318831c699e.pngimage.png.ad4144a476d5b1f1530c6f69d84cedd8.pngimage.png.19fc76401721f05a92b792ee20e6213c.png

If you guys look here Chaos shows no glitch aura here but it's instead Classic Sonic as he is coming out of the portal.

No

Everyone shows the glitch effect when they show up

and zavok does it and strait up dissapears later

I still have the video up in another window

7 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

I'm sure it's possible to create good games that switch between 2D and 3D gameplay, but Sonic Team has only ever used the 2D sections to avoid developing proper 3D Sonic gameplay. Forces being the most extreme example, where the 3D sections have tended to be so devoid of content and design that it's a struggle to honestly call it gameplay. In this context, I think the decision to give "3D" Sonic games 2D sections is a terrible idea.

It's overkill, I agree. It was fine when they first did it as a nice little homage and wanting to bring the fanbase back together after 06. Colors having it didn't make sense, Generations especially and Lost World used it in the most generically Mario-esque style. I like the 3D to 2D switch and/or 2D gameplay in a 3D one because it is unique for a plat-former. However, the overall decision for the series should have made it where the main acts are the big and most developed 3D sections and the smaller optional ones(way easier to make) should be 2D. That is what Unleashed did for a good portion of the extra acts.

Forces just...."Forces" 2D as if they understand that is what everyone wants. 

• Thumbs Up 3

3 minutes ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

So this game will basically be another Lost World with some 2000's level writing thrown in.

Sooo, it'll go like this

"Hardcore" fans: IT'S SHIT!!!

Modern fans/children: IT'S GREAT!!!

Critics/Everyone else: Meh...

So...business as usual basically.

More like : 

Hardcore fans: This doesn't look great

Modern fans: This doesn't really look great to I'm pretty hyped for this

Children: I"m hyped for this

Critics and everyone else: oh shit I keep forgetting this was a thing, i'm playing mario right now

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Chuckle 1

9 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

No

Everyone shows the glitch effect when they show up

and zavok does it and strait up dissapears later

I still have the video up in another window

I have the video too and Chaos DOES not show it when he's about to come out of the pothole to attack Tails. Zavok only shows the glitch aura later on once he's defeated. When Classic Sonic takes out Chaos he turns into a puddle and no glitch aura is shown on him.

Metal, Chaos, Shadow and Zavok only have the glitch effect with their introductions when they're with Infinite. Zavok has been the only one thus far to display having it pop up again but only when he's defeated by Sonic. 

1 minute ago, Shadowlax said:

More like : 

EVERYONE: oh shit I keep forgetting this was a thing, i'm playing mario right now

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Chuckle 5

Gotta admit, that snake part looked pretty cool.

looked..

• Thumbs Up 7
  • Nice Smile 2

Is there a metacritic prediction score thread? I feel like I posted in one.

In any case, this game doesn't look bad. My opinion hasn't really changed. I expect it'll score somewhere between 60-70. 

Not good but not bad. There's disappointment to be had by that of course but this will not be a trainwreck. At least, I don't think it will. But before the first gameplay trailer I really expected this game to be on Generations level, scoring between 70-80. It will not do that now but it will do okay. And we'll have more of the same after.

Can Sonic do much better? Yes. Will he? If this is the best Sonic Team can do after 4 years, then no. 

41 minutes ago, Indigo Rush said:

Of all days for me to have such a slow work load at the shop... I'm so thankful I'm able to witness this all unfold.

Thanks for the good times, y'all. The catharsis of vindication outweighs the depression of seeing my childhood icon flail in the third dimension yet again.

The contrast of this board's impressions vs everyone on Reddit, Youtube, Twitter, etc is insane.

Ya, I'm definitely predicting low 70s for this game, maybe some 80s and maybe some 60s. People are saying that this is a bad video game are over exaggerating so much. Sonic 06 is a bad game. 3D Blast on the Genesis is a bad game. Rise of Lyric is a bad game. The confusing thing is that this is not a good Sonic game, but as a video game itself, it's not that bad. People keep intertwining bad Sonic games with being a bad game overall. Beasts like Forces are one in a thousand in that no one can come an agreement as to whether or not this game is good or bad.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Promotion 1

1 minute ago, McGroose said:

Ya, I'm definitely predicting low 70s for this game, maybe some 80s and maybe some 60s. People are saying that this is a bad video game are over exaggerating so much. Sonic 06 is a bad game. 3D Blast on the Genesis is a bad game Rise of Lyric is a bad game. The confusing thing is that this is not a good Sonic game, but as a video game itself, it's not that bad. People keep intertwining bad Sonic games with being a bad game overall. 

Exactly, like I thought before in thinking the game is probably better than Lost World but slightly below Colors and Generations.

• Thumbs Up 1

People

Please

Help your fellow Sonic brethren out, post a link to any new gameplay footage coming out.

5 minutes ago, Clewis said:

I think the funniest part about the opening Green Hill stage is that it was already completely ruined, infested with Lost World worms, and filled with scrapped Death Egg Robos with no explanation whatsoever. No comments on how Eggman's plans must have already started or questions regarding how said Egg Robos ended up being scrapped in the first place, just a bunch of needless commentary from Sonic that essentially boils down to "Green Hill looks bad!"

And then we get a block of text that's essentially a big middle finger to what should have been one of the coolest parts of the game.

And then Silver is here and Tails is trying to fix Omega because "I hope you guys read the prequel comics we made to fill in plot-holes!"

And then we get more Colors-tier B.O. humor.

I honestly wasn't expecting much from the writing in this game (I mean, it's Sonic), but it actually manages to be worse than I initially thought. Fun to laugh at, though.

It's basically exactly how Colors and Lost World went, so it's really not that much different.