Awoo.

Sonic Forces SPOILER Thread

Ellipsis-Ultima

3 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

That could just be photoshop. He needs to post a video of the final boss, then I'll believe it's real.

no joke, give him 2-4 hours and hell get there

Looks like we won't be getting any spoilers for now. But someone else will likely get it before long. Anyone still worried about spoilers should probably leave now.

• Thumbs Up 1

Shouldn't people have datamined the Demo for spoilers soon? Remember Generations?

I want to see which stage is first.

Maybe he could livestream the game like that guy who got Mania did (Mark was his name?)

Just now, simtek34 said:

Shouldn't people have datamined the Demo for spoilers soon? Remember Generations?

Harder/Impossible on the Switch.

1 minute ago, Soniman said:

That sounds better than we were expecting. Thanks for the info! :V

1 minute ago, Limit Breaker Diamond said:

I want to see which stage is first.

Maybe he could livestream the game like that guy who got Mania did (Mark was his name?)

Harder/Impossible on the Switch.

How 'bout the PlayStation4 version?

2 minutes ago, Soniman said:

Wait. You mean the game is 2-4 hours long?!

• Chuckle 1

1 minute ago, simtek34 said:

There's no smash on switch yet

You might think this is a random statement

Its not

Just now, simtek34 said:

Still impossible I think. The reason Gens leaked was because it was also on PC. 

Well not that it matters with this now someone's definitely getting it and gonna leak it really soon! 

Edit: but this guy talking about the contents is perfectly fine too.

Just now, Mayor D said:

I got the party back!

Could you explain this one for me; why isn't he allowed to post content from it? I've never understood that rule.

I don't really get it either.

Why can he talk about what he saw but not show it?

It's like "Character X is in the game." or putting a picture of character X.

You still know he's there.

3 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

Well... Sega own the content in the game. So they can and likely will claim ownership of the assets and request a pull.

Think someone abusing YouTube's DMCA if they post a negative review of a game.

But... you are allowed to talk about what you have seen since it isn't posting the actual assets.

It's like how we can talk about whats in Archies mega drive part 3. But we can't post the actual pages.

Okay, it makes sense when you put it like that. It feels different because a game is something you need to actually interact with the properly experience rather that a book or movie (*easy potshot about Forces gameplay here*). It's reasonable though. SEGA were really cool with the S4E2 Steam leak a few year ago and specifically said that they wouldn't be filing claims against anyone leaking it, because they got the game legally and fairly (only SSMB banned content from being posted for some reason)/

8 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

Could you explain this one for me; why isn't he allowed to post content from it? I've never understood that rule.

You can, its just that if you post it in some places like, twitch or youtube, sega will claim rights to the content in said game because they infact do own the copyright and have it removed. 

They do not, however own your retelling of said content. 

There are also places like daily motion, where shit stays up forever

The final boss is gonna be intersting for sure.

Personally I was never a fan of fusion in DBZ and stuff but hey, maybe Sonic can pull it off who knows.

Wait. You mean the game is 2-4 hours long?!

I was being facetious fam, twas just a joke about short length in Sonic games and nothing more

• Chuckle 4

3 minutes ago, simtek34 said:

I hate the quoting system on SSMB, but I think I can address both of these from two different people. The Switch is a cartridge-based console. The cartridges' basic design, hardware, and software are all custom-made by Nintendo and there is nothing to my knowledge stopping developers from adding their own hardware and software into the mix. This means that you can't simply translate devices meant to datamine, for example, Nintendo DS games-- you basically have to build them from scratch, and for them to be functional in any way, you have to either reverse engineer the Switch or trial and error the device until it works. Granted, the Forces demo is an online download, but those again require understanding how the Switch works on a level that Nintendo never intended you to in order to get all the juicy data. The PS4 is very similar. Whereas a PC will already have all the files you need to datamine on your computer-- you just have to get them into a form you understand, which has been possible for years and devices that make this possible can be modified for your needs.

3 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

I think its a respect thing. He is well aware of how seriously companies take leaks and does not want to risk Sega giving them a battle he has no chance of winning. Sega has legal grounds to do this, and ethical grounds too considering that it will absolutely ruin any hidden surprises in the game and might create false expectations if a planned feature ends up getting cut, changed, or different from how it initially appeared in the leaks.

Sega doesn't have legal or ethical grounds to sue if he decides to review the game. However, he also probably does not want to make himself an easy target for a lawsuit should a leak come out because he has already proven that he is amongst the few who actually have the game and are willing to say it. Or he doesn't want to deal with the stress or pressure of being the messanger-- people can be downright nasty to the messanger when they don't like the message, and he's bound to provide something a sizable portion of the fandom hates. If he chooses to, then good on him, but its probably best not to press the guy for info.

Just now, Soniman said:

Personally I was never a fan of fusion in DBZ and stuff but hey, maybe Sonic can pull it off who knows.

What? Did I miss something?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Soniman said:

... I can't believe I thought this was real for a second

That's how bad this game has it's claws into the fanfiction angle, huh. Where this is almost a believable plot point

• Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, Soniman said:

I tink you're joking.

But that sounds good if real.

1 minute ago, MudHunter said:

Guess we gotta wait for someone else to break the street date...

Got all my hopes up for nothing...