Ellipsis-Ultima

Sonic Forces SPOILER Thread

6 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

I totally called this. Laaaaaaaaaaaame

Cant watch the stream myself right now cause I'm on a train, but this is interesting for the wrong reasons. 

Weren't yall complaining about the alternative of them being real? I find this a way better compromise and in line with the Ruby's abilities, no complaints from me tbh

I saw most of what happens from Aqua road on. Summary:

Spoiler

Avatar tracks down classic and tails at aqua road(shitty gimmick level)and the two reunitw with modern
The gang heads to city heights, the first stage we saw after they hear shadow is tearing up the resistance
Sonic tries to convince shadow not to fight but he attacks
The real shadow stops time, and kicks the shit out of the clone, defeating it. there isnt even a boss
Shadow reveals infinite uses virtual reality projections and he can create unlimited ones, so there's no way they can win
Sonic says they have to find a way and the gang charge metropolis
Infinite starts using his powers to create these big chaos 0 type projections with his head on them(LOL) and attacks you all level
The extended cast has done nothing this whole time except tell rookie or sonic to do things
They make a run for it during the metropolis level and leave it up to rookie
Infinite fight happens
Tts implied infinite and avatar know eachother
Chemical plant is straight in the game, tails and classic go there because Eggman's "Database" is there.
They discover that the phantom ruby creates illusions

1 minute ago, Soniman said:

Weren't yall complaining about the alternative of them being real? I find this a way better compromise and in line with the Ruby's abilities, no complaints from me tbh

Since they're fake, it's pointless. If they were real, the explanation would have probably been dumb as shit. This was never going to end well, because you can't just blindly slam a bunch of villains/former villains together and expect it to make sense.

1 minute ago, Josh said:

I saw most of what happens from Aqua road on. Summary:

Reveal hidden contents

Avatar tracks down classic and tails at aqua road(shitty gimmick level)and the two reunitw with modern
The gang heads to city heights, the first stage we saw after they hear shadow is tearing up the resistance
Sonic tries to convince shadow not to fight but he attacks
The real shadow stops time, and kicks the shit out of the clone, defeating it. there isnt even a boss
Shadow reveals infinite uses virtual reality projections and he can create unlimited ones, so there's no way they can win
Sonic says they have to find a way and the gang charge metropolis
Infinite starts using his powers to create these big chaos 0 type projections with his head on them(LOL) and attacks you all level
The extended cast has done nothing this whole time except tell rookie or sonic to do things
They make a run for it during the metropolis level and leave it up to rookie
Infinite fight happens
Tts implied infinite and avatar know eachother
Chemical plant is straight in the game, tails and classic go there because Eggman's "Database" is there.
They discover that the phantom ruby creates illusions

Do the others contribute in the game at all?

Just now, Diogenes said:

Since they're fake, it's pointless. If they were real, the explanation would have probably been dumb as shit. This was never going to end well, because you can't just blindly slam a bunch of villains/former villains together and expect it to make sense.

Ah so the classic "we're gonna hate it regardless" scenario.

Nah, cant really agree with this. If they're fake but still jsut as power/effective whatever then it makes sense for the villian to wann create them or whatever. The Phantom Ruby literrally makes  illusionss and that's what they're doing here, we let the Nack/Bean/Bark stuff fly without a ssecond thought in Mania but this is over the line? At the end of the day both exist for fanserivce.