Awoo.

Sonic Forces SPOILER Thread

Ellipsis-Ultima

Dayum, lotta shit happening in this game’s story. Kind of amazing actually. And 19 levels? Yeahhh they’re definitely going for a quantity over quality thing. This is very much like Sonic Colours and less like Sonic Generations.

I knew Shadow and co were only illusions so not surprised there, but still kinda sucks. 

• Thumbs Up 4

Just now, RedFox99 said:

At least it's more than Generations.

Shadow has DLC so i'm assuming he's gonna do more shit , and depending if him replaying sonic levels has different dialouge, even more stuff

He also beats , what should for all intents and purposes be a boss fight, in one hit. 

So yeah

• Thumbs Up 1

Does this percentage include all of the extra bonus missions and objectives in old levels? Let's not get carried away thinking that this game has 40 something original level themes.

• Thumbs Up 4

Just now, Shadowlax said:

Shadow has DLC so i'm assuming he's gonna do more shit , and depending if him replaying sonic levels has different dialouge, even more stuff

He also beats , what should for all intents and purposes be a boss fight, in one hit. 

So yeah

I guess it's better than recent games.

1 minute ago, ShadowSJG said:

Didn't Nakamura tell us to the play the game to see why Shadow is a villain? This is nothing if he's an illusion.

Well.. yeah. We found out why he's a villain. He isn't.

2 minutes ago, Soniman said:

Ah so the classic "we're gonna hate it regardless" scenario.

Nah, cant really agree with this. If they're fake but still jsut as power/effective whatever then it makes sense for the villian to wann create them or whatever. The Phantom Ruby literrally makes  illusionss and that's what they're doing here, we let the Nack/Bean/Bark stuff fly without a ssecond thought in Mania but this is over the line? At the end of the day both exist for fanserivce.

I actually hated the fact that it wasn't Fang Bark and Bean and I know I'm not the only one.

You know someone can like Mania without liking everything in it, right? I'd rather them not come back than do it like this.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Soniman said:

Ah so the classic "we're gonna hate it regardless" scenario.

No, it's the classic "Sonic Team does dumb shit without thinking it through" scenario.

Just now, Soniman said:

If they're fake but still jsut as power/effective whatever then it makes sense for the villian to wann create them or whatever.

But it makes no sense for us to care. It's cheap fanservice at best and manipulative at worst. Make us wonder "oh man what's made Shadow and Chaos turn evil and what's got all these disparate characters working together???" and the answer is "nothing, they're just fakes".

Just now, Soniman said:

The Phantom Ruby literrally makes  illusionss and that's what they're doing here, we let the Nack/Bean/Bark stuff fly without a ssecond thought in Mania but this is over the line? At the end of the day both exist for fanserivce.

Heavy Magician disguising herself as Fang/Bean/Bark is one single boss fight that the story gives no special weight to. It's a nice little reference, and it's never treated as anything else. Infinite making copies of characters as major elements of the game is just jerking people around.

• Thumbs Up 7

One thing I don't really like is how they're going back and forth in the world

Level 1 - Green Hill

Level 4 - In space

Level 20 - Green Hill again

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Another question: how's the voice acting?

Same shit.

• Thumbs Up 1

Voice acting is very good imo. I freaking LOVE Infinite, he’s so amazingly dark and edgy. Favourite new character? Don’t know yet, I’ll wait till the end game. =P wouldn’t be surprised if he gets a tragic backstory at one point too. 

I missed the new Sonic Forces leak, so can anyone tell me if Shadow’s voice is any better now? 

Just now, Gabz Girl said:

Voice acting is very good imo. I freaking LOVE Infinite, he’s so amazingly dark and edgy. Favourite new character? Don’t know yet, I’ll wait till the end game. =P wouldn’t be surprised if he gets a tragic backstory at one point too. 

I missed the new Sonic Forces leak, so can anyone tell me if Shadow’s voice is any better? 

I heard someone here mention it got better. Also, apparently Rouge's voice changed.

Just now, Gabz Girl said:

I missed the new Sonic Forces leak, so can anyone tell me if Shadow’s voice is any better? 

Its the same guy

He's doing a much MUCH better job as shadow, different voice direction i guess

1 minute ago, Gabz Girl said:

Yeah weirdly enough I like Infinite's edge, might be because of his voice

Just now, Shadowlax said:

Its the same guy

He's doing a much MUCH better job as shadow, different voice direction i guess

Can you PM the leak?

23 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

Hide contents

So Mania was basically an illusion? Were the hard-boiled heavies even real?

So that’s why the sense of place disappeared halfway through that one. It was all on Angel Island again the whole time. Or maybe that sonic-head Island from the opening credits.

Just now, RedFox99 said:

I heard someone here mention it got better. Also, apparently Rouge's voice changed.

That’s great! I need to hear it for myself though. Hope somebody can reupload the stream somewhere or else I’m gonna have to wait till release date. D:

I noticed Rouge sounded pretty different to Generations, and I think Espio’s voice is different too. That can only be Matthew Mercer aka Troy Baker’s substitute! XD

5 minutes ago, MudHunter said:

One thing I don't really like is how they're going back and forth in the world

Level 1 - Green Hill

Level 4 - In space

Level 20 - Green Hill again

It kind of reminds me of how Unleashed would have you going back and forth between levels. I actually do not mind this design choice given how this game will probably be on par with Unleashed in terms of content.

1 minute ago, Gabz Girl said:

That’s great! I need to hear it for myself though. Hope somebody can reupload the stream somewhere or else I’m gonna have to wait till release date. D:

I noticed Rouge sounded pretty different to Generations, and I think Espio’s voice is different too. That can only be Matthew Mercer aka Troy Baker’s substitute! XD

Yeah Rouge had a sort of southern accent in Generations. 

1 minute ago, NastCF said:

I have a question. Those of you who've seen Classic's Green Hill, is the music the same as when the level was first revealed or has it improved? Cause I remember Ohtani saying it was a WIP on Twitter back then.

He lied, shit ssounds just as bad as it did originally

5 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

I guess they couldn't afford Karen Strassman anymore.

Just now, Straw Hat said:

I guess they couldn't afford Karen Strassman anymore.

So she does have a new VA? Can you recognize whom it might?