Awoo.

Sonic Forces SPOILER Thread

Ellipsis-Ultima

How are fake villians a cop out honest it feels like people are literally digging in a dry ditch to find stuff to moan on.

• Thumbs Up 7

5 minutes ago, Straw Hat said:

She does? Didn't sound like it.

Different voice direction?

But I recognize her voice, it's the same actress.

• Thumbs Up 3

Just now, the_civil said:

So... does that mean classic sonic never left angel island at all?

Yes. And Tails’s crying at Chaos 0...

He knew something went very wrong with Chaos. Tikal, the sweet girl who introduced herself to Tails and showed both of them the light, was gone. In these dark times, Tails feared the worst had happened to the girl he loved. Tails was not only crying from fear, but for his beloved Tikal, possibly even for Chaos given how he’s not normally like this. Add in the global warming and Eggman policies and then Tails can easily be made to crack.

• Chuckle 3

Just now, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

Different voice direction?

But I recognize her voice, it's the same actress.

Huh. I haven't heard how Shadow sounded. Does he still sound like Kisame? If he does, than uggggggh.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

How are fake villians a cop out honest it feels like people are literally digging in a dry ditch to find stuff to moan on.

It´s like treating you with candy, although it tastes like salt.

• Thumbs Up 3

Yeah I was hoping the Ruby's powers weren't "the Infinite is in your mind" because that just cuts Mania down to a whole lot of nothing.

Reeeeeaaaaallly starting to feel the effects of the "Forces is a sequel to Mania" decision here :S

Is classic Sonic even real in this case? I mean technically the Ruby shouldn't have any dimensional powers outside of illusions in this case...

• Thumbs Up 3

1 minute ago, Razule said:

You mean the best critically recieved Sonic game in years was probably just Sonic running around Angel Island like a maniac

I could imagine that.

3 minutes ago, Razule said:

You mean the best critically recieved Sonic game in years was probably just Sonic running around Angel Island like a maniac

I mean it is called...

sonic-mania-logo_large.png

Sonic Team why

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 6

2 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

Three reasons, they built these villains up and they are quite literally nothing. 

infinite's power is basically WE ARE VR

the execution is wack, all they did was make evil folks and one guy people were confused about being evil , shadow. If I had that power, I would just use those people to fuck up relationships cause mistrust decide them, then take over the world, and that sounds like a much more interesting story. It also sounds like a fighting game, this story beat, much like a lot of stuff in the game seems like it would be much better in another game focusing on that concept it is instead shoved in here , and used poorly to amount to not much of anything. 

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, The Deleter said:

Yeah I was hoping the Ruby's powers weren't "the Infinite is in your mind" because that just cuts Mania down to a whole lot of nothing.

Reeeeeaaaaallly starting to feel the effects of the "Forces is a sequel to Mania" decision here :S

Is classic Sonic even real in this case? I mean technically the Ruby shouldn't have any dimensional powers outside of illusions in this case...

Maybe the illusions hurt the space time continuum? Or as Tails said.. a world needs a Sonic and the balance of nature or something just took him from his world.

So far, there's not much in this story for me to grab onto aside from how well I think Sonic's writing turned out.

It feels like 06 levels of mind fuckery but with even less of a drive to explain the why and and the how.

• Thumbs Up 8

5 minutes ago, Razule said:

When The whole sonic series was just VR

tumblr_mipounGKps1qkz8azo1_500.gif

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Chuckle 4

4 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

Cause that's infinite ablitly ?

They hyped up their return as villains, only for it to just be an illusion. It would be a whole lot more acceptable (at least to me) if they didn't mention anyone except for Infinite, and then out of nowhere the villains showed up. Then with a bit of foreshadowing etc. you can later reveal they were illusions.

In this situation, they were literally shouting "COME AND FIND OUT ABOUT THE MYSTERY OF THESE RETURNING VILLAINS" only for a lame twist.

• Thumbs Up 8

I don’t know if I like the idea of every single stage in Sonic Mania being an illusion. It’s...weird. Just the whole idea of Sonic, Tails and Knuckles running around Angel Island acting as if they were somewhere else. It’s very trippy.

• Thumbs Up 2

I wish sonic team would try more in terms of level design because it really seems like they’re going backwards from what generations did for some reason. The game will probably be received from a 6 to an 8 but this isn’t gonna bring modern Sonic’s reputation back to where it was before Sonic Boom

• Thumbs Up 4

7 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

Cause that's infinite ablitly ?

It's a lazy excuse for them to reuse more shit from the past.

• Thumbs Up 1