Awoo.

Sonic Forces SPOILER Thread

Ellipsis-Ultima

3 minutes ago, Whatever the WhoCares said:

But did he listen?

*AWWOOOOOO!!!*

nope.

Well considering he made one Sonic game I don't really think he had a chance to take their criticisms and use them to mold a better game lol.

3 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

786089190602411150.gif

wooooohhooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

"Tails... I'm already 60 second demo."

• Thumbs Up 3

25 minutes ago, Mister X said:

"Maybe Sonic was never real" -- IGN, 2017

"How Can Sonic Be Real If Our Eyes Aren't Real" - Jaden Smith Yeo Nokio, 2017

• Thumbs Up 2

8 minutes ago, Whatever the WhoCares said:

But did he listen?

*AWWOOOOOO!!!*

nope.

It's not like they could've removed the Werehog in the final few months of production. Even if they did decide to backpedal that much, no way SEGA would've allowed a delay to change the game that massively.

....Wait, what does this have to do with Forces again?

In fact it's getting stupidly spammy in here in general. Knock it off guys.

• Thumbs Up 6

Someone did just upload the original first hour and a half onto youtube in high def. Wow, this game really does look freakin' awesome.

It's certainly become clear they've gone for a much more cinematic approach to the game in general, when you finish a level and are on the map screen to the next level they even label this as the "next episode" like we're binging on Netflix or something (so everyone, just chill yeah?) =P

The text that appears when Sonic is defeated isn't really that offending either - I'll agree a cinematic montage would have been nicer, but as the opening is just the prologue I can forgive it since it sets up the main game. Besides, it's not like our old plumber friend didn't go and do the exact same thing during his intro this generation anyway.

I guess at least we can be fortunate that Forces isn't anywhere where near the hot mess a lot of people seemed so concerned about previously. It does seem like a real blend up of every game in the franchise if you ask me though - plays like Colours, evokes like Adventure, throw in some classic then QTE as in Unleashed. So perhaps a lack of any real consistency will be negative? I dunno yet - maybe mixing it up episodic like a TV show is the general idea they were going for, and with what feels like an Adventure 2 type narrative and structure I am 100% in for this fun-ride. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

Just noticed something

Shadow does time stop chaos control, almost instantaneously with out a chaos emerald

Time to add that to the hypothetical fight debates!

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, The Deleter said:

19 stages in is 26% of the game? Oh wow

2 hours ago, Limit Breaker Diamond said:

So over 50 stages? Yes please.

To be more accurate, besides just over 50, over 70. Barring that they are not taking into account cutscenes and other minutiae as part of the total game progress calculation, to be more precise:

19 stages / .26 = ~73 stages. With this plethora of stages, Sonic Forces perhaps constitutes the single largest Sonic game in the franchise's 26-year-plus history.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Chuckle 1

3 minutes ago, hifihedgehog said:

More than over 50. Over 70. Barring they are not making cutscenes and other minutiae as part of the total contribution, to be more precise:

19 stages / .26 = ~73 stages. With this plethora of stages, Sonic Forces constitutes the single largest Sonic game in the franchise's 26-year-plus history.

Sonic Unleashed has 78 stages(including the final boss), not mentioning the the amount of missions you partake in the hub world(It's a lot of them...)

Granted, the reason why its so big is because the DLC adds 42 levels..

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Son-icka said:

Someone did just upload the original first hour and a half onto youtube in high def. Wow, this game really does look freakin' awesome.

It's certainly become clear they've gone for a much more cinematic approach to the game in general, when you finish a level and are on the map screen to the next level they even label this as the "next episode" like we're binging on Netflix or something (so everyone, just chill yeah?) =P

The text that appears when Sonic is defeated isn't really that offending either - I'll agree a cinematic montage would have been nicer, but as the opening is just the prologue I can forgive it since it sets up the main game. Besides, it's not like our old plumber friend didn't go and do the exact same thing during his intro this generation anyway.

I guess at least we can be fortunate that Forces isn't anywhere where near the hot mess a lot of people seemed so concerned about previously. It does seem like a real blend up of every game in the franchise if you ask me though - plays like Colours, evokes like Adventure, throw in some classic then QTE as in Unleashed. So perhaps a lack of any real consistency will be negative? I dunno yet - maybe mixing it up episodic like a TV show is the general idea they were going for, and with what feels like an Adventure 2 type narrative and structure I am 100% in for this fun-ride. 

You just described a TV show.

Most of us on this forum want to play a game.

• Thumbs Up 7
  • Nice Smile 1

56 minutes ago, Gabz Girl said:

Don’t forget Sonic AND Avatar become Super and they fight together against Infinite with the super power of teamwork/friendship!! >=D 

Naw man, you can only go super with Sonic if you choose a male hedgehog. Anything else, and you get a Super Shield, like in Heroes

• Chuckle 3

3 minutes ago, Jar Jar Analysis 1138 said:

Sonic Unleashed has 78 stages(including the final boss), not mentioning the the amount of missions you partake in the hub world(It's a lot of them...)

Is this the base game a sós or is this also factoring in the various DLC Adventure Packs?

• Chuckle 1

14 minutes ago, Son-icka said:

Link please

30 minutes ago, hifihedgehog said:

Is this the base game a sós or is this also factoring in the various DLC Adventure Packs?

It's factoring everything besides the hub missions. So yes, this includes DLC.

Base game has 36 stages. Forces has the biggest base game levels while unleashed has the biggest extended content.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, ShadowSJG said:

Link please

It's really easy to find (for now) by searching "Sonic Forces" on Youtube and sorting by upload date.

1 minute ago, Celestia said:

It's really easy to find (for now) by searching "Sonic Forces" on Youtube and sorting by upload date.

Yup just did that

16 minutes ago, Zippo said:

Here's the Shadow cutscene! 

Here's hoping someone is uploading the Twitch live stream.

My goodness, Sonic's mouth when he says "Another Shadow??" looks so weird from that angle...

12 minutes ago, Celestia said:

Is it strongly discouraged or disallowed to post the link here? Everyone is posting it on Reddit and Twitter, so it is not like keeping it quiet here makes a difference one way or the other. Minimally, I will happily and freely PM it to anyone who is interested.

27 minutes ago, Zippo said:

Here's the Shadow cutscene! 

Here's hoping someone is uploading the Twitch live stream.

I guess you could say he wasn’t good enough to be his fake.

5 minutes ago, hifihedgehog said:

Is it strongly discouraged or disallowed to post the link here? Everyone is posting it on Reddit and Twitter, so it is not like keeping it quiet here makes a difference one way or the other. Minimally, I will happily and freely PM it to anyone who is interested.

Me. I'm interested. Plz.