Awoo.

Sonic Forces SPOILER Thread

Ellipsis-Ultima

3 minutes ago, Celestia said:

It's not against the rules per se, just common courtesy; Aaron asked the streamer nicely to stop, and that extends to us.

Huh? But didn't streams and screens for Mania constantly get posted when that got leaked?

/legitimately doesn't know since I cared about that game and wanted to be surprised.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Razule said:

"I've got six months of payback I'm dying to spend!"

*six months*

*six months+all the time that's passed in the series and birthday party*

*is still 15*

And Ash from Pokemon is still 10 years old in canon despite years having gone by in story telling... Your point is? =P

• Chuckle 2

It looks like the story is being told from multiple points of view from different periods of time, like in Sonic Adventure. So while there is a lame black screen that mentions taking over the world, playing as classic Sonic while modern Sonic was imprisoned shows more of the world being destroyed and conquered by Infinite and Eggman.

So far my biggest gripe isn't how Tails cowers in front of Chaos. It's the way he treats Classic Sonic like a surrogate Sonic because he thinks his dimension's Sonic is dead. It's definitely unintentional and kinda creepy and hilarious. 

• Thumbs Up 4

7 minutes ago, Zippo said:

Just found some of the stream.

Fucking Seaside Hill is apparently in.

Ugh.

Where? I haven't seen that.

1 minute ago, Whatever the WhoCares said:

So far my biggest gripe isn't how Tails cowers in front of Chaos. It's the way he treats Classic Sonic like a surrogate Sonic because he thinks his dimension's Sonic is dead. It's definitely unintentional and kinda creepy and hilarious. 

I was expecting classic sonic to toughen tails up to be honest.

4 minutes ago, Lord-Dreamerz said:

And Ash from Pokemon is still 10 years old in canon despite years having gone by in story telling... Your point is? =P

My point is... a joke!

1 minute ago, A Zombie KING and 14 other said:

I was expecting classic sonic to toughen tails up to be honest.

He just becomes Fleetway Sonic and starts berating Tails constantly.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 8

10 minutes ago, Zippo said:

Just found some of the stream.

Fucking Seaside Hill is apparently in.

Ugh.

You must've seen a new stream cause I never saw seaside hill.

4 minutes ago, Indigo Rush said:

Where? I haven't seen that.

It's mentioned by Espio around the time after Infinite fought Silver and Sonic who are recovering. So it's pretty much like how Silver brought up Chemical Plant before.

Just now, SonicLegends said:

It's mentioned by Espio around the time after Infinite fought Silver and Sonic who are recovering.

Great. Another green hill zone. 

I hope they made it stand out.

Like, there better be navy fleets or something and killer whales helping you in it.

7 minutes ago, does it really matter said:

It looks like the story is being told from multiple points of view from different periods of time, like in Sonic Adventure. So while there is a lame black screen that mentions taking over the world, playing as classic Sonic while modern Sonic was imprisoned shows more of the world being destroyed and conquered by Infinite and Eggman.

I've seen no indication that the Classic Sonic levels take place in the "past".

And they're only going to be variations of the same levels the other characters play as anyway.

16 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

I've seen no indication that the Classic Sonic levels take place in the "past".

And they're only going to be variations of the same levels the other characters play as anyway.

One level depicts classic Sonic going through the city as Eggman's forces continue their attacks after modern Sonic is captured. A black screen says 'A couple of months ago in the city' and depicts Infinite wiping out the remaining survivors.

So according to this cutscene, which presumably came from an early copy of Sonic Forces shows 2 Shadows. One of them is a fake, probably from Infinite as an illusion, like Zavok, Chaos and Metal Sonic.

5 minutes ago, does it really matter said:

One level depicts classic Sonic going through the city as Eggman's forces continue their attacks. A black screen says 'A couple of months ago in the city' and depicts Infinite wiping out the remaining survivors.

It should be noted that the cutscene with Infinite has a border around the screen, specifically to show that it's a flashback. It doesn't have that in the cutscene where Classic Sonic arrives. Classic showed up around the same time that Modern Sonic was escaping the Death Egg.

Just now, does it really matter said:

One level depicts classic Sonic going through the city as Eggman's forces continue their attacks after modern Sonic is captured.

Modern's and Avatar's versions of the stage come even later in the game than that, unambiguously after Sonic had been captured, tortured, and subsequently freed, which proves Eggman's still pounding that stage 6 months later, so that's no proof.

Just now, does it really matter said:

A black screen says 'A couple of months ago in the city' and depicts Infinite wiping out the remaining survivors.

Yes. After Classic Sonic's level. Referring to a scene that doesn't involve him at all. Because it's the Avatar character's "backstory". Nothing to do with Classic and Tails.

(though now that I think about it this might be what Infinite was talking about regarding recognizing the Avatar, rather than them having been buddies before Infinite was Infinite)

• Thumbs Up 1

I have the Espio mentioning Seaside Hill Clip uploaded on YouTube. I'll keep it unlisted for now, PM me if you want it. It's a just a line of dialog that confirms it is all, though.

The Metal Sonic boss is up too.

6 minutes ago, does it really matter said:

One level depicts classic Sonic going through the city as Eggman's forces continue their attacks. A black screen says 'A couple of months ago in the city' and depicts Infinite wiping out the remaining survivors.

That's after the Classic level though. It's pretty clear it was just the OC's flashback.

14 minutes ago, Razule said:

That's after the Classic level though. It's pretty clear it was just the OC's flashback.

Alright, my mistake

1 minute ago, Diogenes said:

(though now that I think about it this might be what Infinite was talking about regarding recognizing the Avatar, rather than them having been buddies before Infinite was Infinite)

Huh. I guess unless something comes up later, that theory's dead. Looks like Infinite's just some lab rat.

8 minutes ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

So according to this cutscene, which presumably came from an early copy of Sonic Forces shows 2 Shadows. One of them is a fake, probably from Infinite as an illusion, like Zavok, Chaos and Metal Sonic.

Just letting you know this belongs in the Forces spoiler thread, so I've merged it with that.

So this game looks...pretty neat. The visuals are great, and most (read: not all) of the levels are looking better than what got shown off

The story is all over the place. Dialogue is pretty good, but the blank text explaining the takeover is stupid. I think the "torture" line is stupid, but it's definitely being overblown since we clearly see it does nothing to Sonic in the longrun, and Eggman otherwise seems great in this game. Tails sucks, but that's nothing new. Infinite is doofy as hell and I love it. He makes me think of Zant from Twilight Princess.

really like how much customization options there are in the game. Skin tone, hair style, the number of different eye choices. I know it's dumb fanservicy bullshit but dammit it speaks to the part of me that likes that stuff. Plus, there's so much different stupid clothes that 

There's a lot of levels, which is a massive relief to me since I was worried that their short length would be coupled with there only being  20 or 30-something of them. I'm glad the actual amount of content won't disappoint, assuming that it's all actually fun.

Other than that...villain illusions is dumb, but expected. The guy playing kind of sucks, but his enthusiasm was endearing. If Seaside Hill's really in the game, then I'm annoyed, but I hope it at least looks different enough to not be an exact copy of Generations. Silver going DBZ is fucking amazing.

So yeah. Consider me actually excited for the game again. Let me reiterate that I understand the physics and level issues people have, it just doesn't seem prominent enough to make me hate the game.

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Promotion 1

12 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

Huh? But didn't streams and screens for Mania constantly get posted when that got leaked?

/legitimately doesn't know since I cared about that game and wanted to be surprised.

I don't recall if people directly posted stream links, but I was late to the party that day so it's possible I missed it.

As for screenshots and clips, just keep 'em to the spoiler topic and we're good. XP