Awoo.

Sonic Forces SPOILER Thread

Ellipsis-Ultima

6 minutes ago, Jango said:

???

Pretty much what I told here was in the game. Granted some stuff happened in a different way, but it's because the game was shown to this friend of mine months ago and said build was old... This game probably changed a lot during development, but a lot do, so yeah. What got me off guard was the "Eggman took over the world in months" part, which my friend told me and it was in game, just... Exactly like she told, as a sentence :( Lack of time, maybe?

In a way or another, we can mostly all agree that it's a very mediocre game. Exactly like we anticipated... So I'm not all that disappointed. Still, it's gonna suck to see the name Sonic soaked in jokes and bad scores after the huge success of Mania...

I would think a game would have to be outright frustrating to garner negative scores. It's an automated rollercoaster ride, and really what's going to happen is the first case of critics liking a Sonic game more than the fans generally do. Not that they'll think it's great, but they'll let it slide. Us, on the other hand...

I think we can forget about this game getting super low scores. The level design still isn't that good, but I guess as a whole it looks about averave. It'll probably be around Generations and Colors.

4 minutes ago, Mad0Mura said:

New video with the cutscenes before and after the Classic Sonic Eggman boss fight:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXczS59CtOI

"He has beaten you decades"

Are you SERIOUS?! Holy crap, these guys are legit immortal

• Thumbs Up 3

4 minutes ago, Razule said:

I think we can forget about this game getting super low scores. The level design still isn't that good, but I guess as a whole it looks about averave. It'll probably be around Generations and Colors.

"Sonic Forces is a nice blast through the blue hedgehog's crazy world. It's a little silly, and there's not much to it, but our spiky little friend has been through worse. 7/10"

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 3

10 minutes ago, Razule said:

Mmm Colors & Gens got mostly 8s... I really can't see that happening here.

I'm thinking and predicting Forces will get mostly 6 and 7s out of 10... With a overall score of "69" as a sexy bet. ;'D

• Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, Lord-Dreamerz said:

Mmm Colors & Gens got mostly 8s... I really can't see that happening here. I'm thinking and predicting Forces will get mostly 6 and 7s out of 10... With a overall score of "69" as a sexy bet. ;'D

Yeah. That sounds about right. Probably mostly 7's.

4 minutes ago, Whatever the WhoCares said:

"Sonic Forces is a nice blast through the blue hedgehog's crazy world. It's a little silly, and there's not much to it, but our spiky little friend has been through worse. 7/10"

Thing is, you're probably about right. Again, Sonic for normies.

Anyway, that cutscene with Eggman was pretty good. I appreciate that he acknowledges how repetitive the fight against Sonic really is for both of them, and Mike Pollock is still a goddamn amazing voice.

• Thumbs Up 4

1 minute ago, Night on Balding Mountain said:

I'm thinking overall reception will be closer to Lost World than Colors or Gens.

I wouldn't count on that. A lot of the beef against Lost World stemmed from how difficult it got later on. The way Forces is looking, the levels will simply be too automated for that to happen very much. 

Sonic Generation's meta critic is around 75%, lost world is about 66%. I would expect this game to sit somewhere between those, 68-72% or something.

Edit: Mania is like mid-80s so again, the biggest thing working against this game critically is that Mania is there to immediately contrast it.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Whatever the WhoCares said:

I wouldn't count on that. A lot of the beef against Lost World stemmed from how difficult it got later on. The way Forces is looking, the levels will simply be too automated for that to happen very much. 

I gambling on the endless in stage chatter, and the Avatar gameplay bringing those scores down.

Anyone realize what Infinite says here in regarding the prototypes of the Phantom Ruby? "Only a being of my strength of will could ever activate it." Well then that must mean the avatar as we saw them have one in their hand in the cutscene after battling Infinite.

Also Eggman says they were a defective model and that it could only record the DNA of the one that triggered it. So... is the avatar really somehow related to Infinite?

Why does Tails say "We did it" when he so clearly just got there? His issues must stem deeper than previously thought.

6 minutes ago, SonicLegends said:

Anyone realize what Infinite says here in regarding the prototypes of the Phantom Ruby? "Only a being of my strength of will could ever activate it." Well then that must mean the avatar as we saw them have one in their hand in the cutscene after battling Infinite.

Also Eggman says they were a defective model and that it could only record the DNA of the one that triggered it. So... is the avatar really somehow related to Infinite?

Avatar is a "defective model", prob.

Edit: I misread that. But mostly I meant like, whatever Infinite is I could see the avatar being a failed form of. IIRC there's a bunch of dudes in tanks in the trailer, so one of those guys.

4 minutes ago, SonicLegends said:

The Avatar only picks it up, not activates ot.

1 minute ago, Razule said:

The Avatar only picks it up, not activates ot.

Er he does activate it unintentionally, you even see the spark signaling it. 0:25

3 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

Why does Tails say "We did it" when he so clearly just got there? His issues must stem deeper than previously thought.

Because of the recent games' weird habit of having the characters talk like they're going through the levels with you.

Just now, SonicLegends said:

Er he does activate it unintentionally, you even see the spark signaling it.

"She" ftfy

• Chuckle 1

Just now, Razule said:

Because of the recent games' weird habit of having the characters talk like they're going through the levels with you.

Well that's typically because they are, but Tails isn't already there by the time Sonic beats Eggman.