Awoo.

Sonic Forces SPOILER Thread

Ellipsis-Ultima

Yyyeah that's the link between the Avatar and Infinite, they can both use the rubies. Now I'm expecting them to get some kind of ruby-powered Super form equivalent.

Kinda clashes with Mania, though, where it seemed like just about anyone could use it.

Also, "decades"? Christ.

• Thumbs Up 6

2 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

Yyyeah that's the link between the Avatar and Infinite, they can both use the rubies. Now I'm expecting them to get some kind of ruby-powered Super form equivalent.

Kinda clashes with Mania, though, where it seemed like just about anyone could use it.

Also, "decades"? Christ.

Is it just me or the SA2 nods are there in a sense I mean with how Sonic is about to be thrown into space and how now the avatar managed to use a fake Phantom Ruby like Sonic did with a fake Chaos Emerald.

• Thumbs Up 1

Starting to think that this will be noted as the best Sonic game by the mainstream media(I mean, it's for them).

1 minute ago, DanisWhite said:

I like how Tails went all "Yeah we did it!" after the boss fight even though he literally did nothing.

Tails is less effective then Charmy now.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Night on Balding Mountain said:

Tails is less effective then Charmy now.

Um, Charmy was never ineffective...

Just now, StaticMania said:

Um, Charmy was never ineffective...

Refresh my memory what does he do now?

Just now, Night on Balding Mountain said:

What does anyone do now? There's no answer.

18 minutes ago, Razule said:

Sonic is over 40 years old confirmed

Wait...He mentioned...

So they retconed him but still referenced him as if Sonic met him before?

• Thumbs Up 2

Generations is canon Classic Sonic isn't from the past anymore, I thought this was already stated...it doesn't make sense, because when first acknowledged in this game Tails says he's from another dimension as well as stating he knows him.

4 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

Generations is canon Classic Sonic isn't from the past anymore, I thought this was already stated...it doesn't make sense, because when first acknowledged in this game Tails says he's from another dimension as well as stating he knows him.

It's confusing, so here's exactly what's going on, based on the cutscene I watched: This classic Sonic is the same classic Sonic from Generations, which is also the same  CS from Mania.

Let me explain, remember how at the end of Generations where Classic Sonic went through that portal and back to the past? Well, that portal actually sent him to the world of Mania. Leading up to the events of Mania where he got sucked into that portal, the CS you see here is the one from Mania, who was the same Sonic who went into the portal in Gens.

• Thumbs Up 2

Damn, so FINALLY caught up on this thread. Here's my thoughts at the moment:

What's up with Zomom's Worms in Green Hill?

Game begins with Sonic getting owned by the new villain-- * Yesterday *

Why the heck did Zavok open the cell in the first place?

The boss fights with Zavok and Infinite looked and sounded neat though

Not really seeing why people are complaining so much about Tails. With that said, I do think it could be them backpedaling after Lost World.

4 minutes ago, Night on Balding Mountain said:

He can fly, attack things with his stinger, has some sort of extrasensory instincts that allows him to find hidden things, and can teleport using these weird flowers.

• Thumbs Up 1

i'm just gonna headcanon that the time eater incident gave the modern incarnations some sort of brain aneurysm so that they think the two Classic Sonics are the same, when they actually aren't. Mania Sonic just goes with it because his life has become fucking wild and he feels it's best not to question it

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Nice Smile 1

6 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Why the heck did Zavok open the cell in the first place?

Because Eggman decided to throw Sonic into space like he did in SA2 to get rid of him before the Resistance can rescue him once they had learned Sonic was still alive and was taken prisoner. The reason why Eggman kept him alive until then was because he wanted for Sonic to see his Eggman Empire complete once he took over the entire world.

Just now, SonicLegends said:

Because Eggman decided to throw Sonic into space like he did in SA2 to get rid of him before the Resistance can rescue him once they had learned Sonic was still alive and was taken prisoner. The reason why Eggman kept him alive until then was because he wanted for Sonic to see his Eggman Empire complete once he took over the entire world.

Oh, that's right, okay. I had forgotten by the time I got to that scene and it just looked like Zavok was just there to harass Sonic.

10 minutes ago, nilesdobbs said:

It's confusing, so here's exactly what's going on, based on the cutscene I watched: This classic Sonic is the same classic Sonic from Generations, which is also the same  CS from Mania.

Let me explain, remember how at the end of Generations where Classic Sonic went through that portal and back to the past? Well, that portal actually sent him to the world of Mania. Leading up to the events of Mania where he got sucked into that portal, the CS you see here is the one from Mania, who was the same Sonic who went into the portal in Gens.

Okay now we're just pulling stuff out of nowhere to explain this stuff 

I will explain this as simply as I can. No theories, but as plainly as it actually is..

Classic Sonic in Forces and Mania.. is the same as the one as in Generations. Classic Sonic was said to be from the past Sonic in Generations. BUT. He is not anymore.. he is from another dimension. Classic Sonic is now from another dimension. The characters in Forces recognize Classic Sonic as "the Sonic from another dimension".. because from there point of view, he has always been from another dimension. There is no in-universe reason for this. It simply is. Because it is a retcon. Just.. mentally replace all references to time in Generations with dimensions, I guess.

Edit: oo wee something went horribly wrong..

• Thumbs Up 3

I love how Classic Sonic's first move is to bumrush Eggman as soon as Infinite flies off. And Eggman's nonplussed attitude throughout is hilarious.

7 minutes ago, Razule said:

Okay now we're just pulling stuff out of nowhere to explain this stuff 

I will explain this as simply as I can. No theories, but as plainly as it actually is..

Classic Sonic in Forces and Mania.. is the same as the one as in Generations. Classic Sonic was said to be from the past Sonic in Generations. BUT. He is not anymore.. he is from another dimension. Classic Sonic is now from another dimension. The characters in Forces recognize Classic Sonic as "the Sonic from another dimension".. because from there point of view, he has always been from another dimension. There is no in-universe reason for this. It simply is. Because it is a retcon. Just.. mentally replace all references to time in Generations with dimensions, I guess.

That's exactly what I just said. So I don't where this "pulling out of nowhere" is from.

Yup I predicted the Avatar was gonna wield the Ruby long ago I'm expecting a unique exclusive super form for them so exciting!

Seeing the new levels has overall very slightly eased my concerns about the level design. Yes, there's stupid crap like Mystic Jungle's three rows of boosters in a row, but then some other stuff like the 3D platforming in Sonic's Death Egg looked alright. Depending on how the rest of the game goes, I may have to rescind my "braindead tripe" comment from earlier. WHY DID THEY NOT SHOW OFF ANY OF THESE OTHER LEVELS DOES SEGA'S MARKETING TEAM EVEN EXIST

I have mixed feelings about Tails' moping at the start of the game. I can understand that he would feel guilty for not being able to help Sonic, but it would make more sense if he tried to intervene physically at some point instead of just standing back with the Miles Electric; as others have pointed out, Tails saved the day before by getting physical in Adventure 1. However, Tails also witnessed Sonic getting "killed" by Eggman before, in Adventure 2, and that time, he pretty quickly sprang into action to avenge the hedgehog instead of doing nothing for six months. Also, for how badly it messed Tails up to see Sonic "die", I was expecting their reunion to be a little more emotional. Sure, they put their hands on each other's shoulders, but no hugs? I demand hugs!

Sonic's dialogue so far has been great. I was expecting the body odour joke to be worse than it was from what I read here, but it was actually pretty tame, and a good retort to Infinite's smelling of fear.  Caius Ballad Infinite's been amazing so far; his lines are great, and Liam O'Brien does a fantastic job delivering them. The Avatar... I'm not sure what's going on with 'em. They were terrified after witnessing Infinite killing a bunch of dudes, but then they recover enough to join the resistance and lead the assault on the space port while taking out like fifty enemies... but when they make it to the Death Egg, they're suddenly so scared again that they're cornered by three Egg Pawns?

The overall plot is confusing, though. It's already been pointed out that Green Hill's all barren with Death Egg Robot scraps everywhere before Eggman's takeover, but how is it then possible that six months later, there's still an undamaged part for Classic Sonic to go through? Also, why is it such a shocking reveal that the orbital prison they stole a shuttle for is the Death Egg? Also, again it's been pointed out, but having the world takeover just be a screen of text is indefensible, and the reveal that Eggman's been torturing Sonic has absolutely no impact because of him being perfectly fine when we see him.

Let me close with an observation. The giant snake Sonic faces off against in Mystic Jungle... did the "roar" it makes just before the QTE sound familiar to anyone else?

oh no

• Thumbs Up 4

4 minutes ago, nilesdobbs said:

That's exactly what I just said. So I don't where this "pulling out of nowhere" is from.

Pretty sure you said Classic Sonic went into a portal that took him to Mania world, implying its separate from his actual world. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Watched all the Forces spoilers that's currently out. I'm really loving what I'm seeing from the story. Favorite cutscene so far was the Infinite vs Silver cutscene with the exchange between Infinite and Sonic which cracked me up. It really does feel like a heavy action packed Sonic story with a lot of character interactions, and this is exactly what I've been wanting for years. The characters act and feel like their respective selves, well, with Tails being a bit iffy, I guess, but that's chalked up more to how Modern Tails is written nowadays compared to how he was back in the early Adventure days. 

Also, that Death Egg level was so cool with Sonic jumping from ship to ship as they were blasted down and whatnot. And even the Zavok fight was kinda neat. It was...different. Wasn't sure what to expect with Zavok, but it definitely fits him and I can see the resemblance to his Lost World fight. Sonic made the dude catch serious hands. lol That Sonic vs Infinite fight in the Mystic Jungle was sooooo good!!!

I don't know, I feel like after watching all these spoilers my overall opinions on Forces and hype has jumped up big time and I'm REALLY wanting this game to come out ASAP.  I'm still not that keen on level design for a lot of levels, but ya know, newer levels that I've seen here in the spoilers weren't that bad. Classic Sonic's "Ghost Town" level was pretty great. Loved the music for that level and a lot of the music for Forces have just been ridiculously good. Aaaaahhhhh, it feels nice to be excited for  Sonic game story to thiis degree, and actually see it looking pretty good. Hope it has a satisfying conclusion. 

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Nice Smile 1

1 minute ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

So Sonic gets stronger after every fight huh. So he literally his Goku now, good to know.

That would explain Infinite's line about Sonic improving despite the fact that he was imprisoned for months...