Awoo.

Sonic Forces SPOILER Thread

Ellipsis-Ultima

1 minute ago, Saber Wisp said:

Oh god no. 

That shit was so annoying in Adventure 2. 

YOU'RE NOT EVEN GOOD ENOUGH TO BI'LL MAKE YOU EAT THOSE WORDS.

-e my fake...

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 3

Just now, StaticMania said:

That's not a good example...it sounds good like that.

Remember the shuttle scene after Pyramid Cave?

Even still, 13 hours wow if that's true then kudos SEGA, I was absolutely pissed by Generations's 4 hour story even though the game shined with replay value. Hoping replay value is good with Forces. 

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, Saber Wisp said:

Oh god no. 

That shit was so annoying in Adventure 2. 

YOU'RE NOT EVEN GOOD ENOUGH TO BI'LL MAKE YOU EAT THOSE WORDS.

That probably just applies to the boss fights which does happen if you take them out too fast like in that Classic Sonic Eggman boss when he's about to use the Egg Dragoon next.

Oh and in the Infinite boss fight with the avatar that Asteroid wispon is op.

With the ruby connection, I could see Infinite and the Avatar knowing each other. Eggman and Infinite are on the hunt for "defective" Ruby Prototypes, and since Infinite is considered the "success", there could be more "infinites" in the world, only no longer willing to fight for Eggman, and their powers working exclusively for them, hence the DNA spiel. Infinite and the avatar could have met as "lab rats".

... Which I guess still means that technically @Joseph Henry would be right...

edward-fullmetal-alchemist-visible-sigh_

Bah >:Y

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1

Just now, The Deleter said:

With the ruby connection, I could see Infinite and the Avatar knowing each other. Eggman and Infinite are on the hunt for "defective" Ruby Prototypes, and since Infinite is considered the "success", there could be more "infinites" in the world, only no longer willing to fight for Eggman, and their powers working exclusively for them, hence the DNA spiel.

... Which I guess still means that technically @Joseph Henry would be right...

edward-fullmetal-alchemist-visible-sigh_

Bah >:Y

not gonna throw a fanfare yet

but I'm gonna put this music here just in case.

Gonna press play if I'm right.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Razule said:

Okay now we're just pulling stuff out of nowhere to explain this stuff 

I will explain this as simply as I can. No theories, but as plainly as it actually is..

Classic Sonic in Forces and Mania.. is the same as the one as in Generations. Classic Sonic was said to be from the past Sonic in Generations. BUT. He is not anymore.. he is from another dimension. Classic Sonic is now from another dimension. The characters in Forces recognize Classic Sonic as "the Sonic from another dimension".. because from there point of view, he has always been from another dimension. There is no in-universe reason for this. It simply is. Because it is a retcon. Just.. mentally replace all references to time in Generations with dimensions, I guess.

Edit: oo wee something went horribly wrong..

So what's the time eater? And the "enjoy your future" line? 

Anyway, the gameplay really didn't improve from what I'm seeing, yikes. The gameplay looks so shallow and even more bare than colors. Still not getting how some people are still asking what peoples problem with the game is here. I guess classic is probably the most interesting for me gameplay wise despite how bad he seems to be physics wise compared to Mania. Least the platforming is there in a decent amount.

also the story is pretty bad so far yeah I have to agree with that. The edge, inconsistency and confusion going on isn't coming together to make some epic. It's just making me laugh at the stupidity.

• Thumbs Up 5

Just got home and every fucking video I am seeing has me so flipping excited. The game looks amazing I have a few issues honestly but solid 7 to 7.5 atm for me would be a 8 but I haven't seen any bosses

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, A_W said:

You think Metropolis is a bad zone name? How about just plain City?

WrtleqX.png

lmao what

City Zone.

Nice SEGA.

What the fuck is wrong with you.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1

I'm not convinced naming a level "City" is going to make the top 5 list of problems with this game.

• Thumbs Up 3

So basically everything I'm getting from this is that Sonic Mania is an illusion. I've pretty much been seeing bits and pieces of this games plot and wow this plot is really stupid not in a "it's so bad it's good" way just that's it's downright bad. 

• Thumbs Up 4

If 13 hours thing is true, or anything beyond 6 hours really, and the story doesn't get botched later on, then...

WE CANSHOWTHEWORLD WHAT WE CANDO, YOU'RERIGHTNEXTTOME AND IM NEXTTOYOU, PUSHING ON THROUGH UNTIL THE BATTLE'S WAAAAN!!!

Honestly I'm hyped. For a game with dogshit levels. I guess that's what happens when you starve me for lore for nine years. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Dejimon11 said:

So basically everything I'm getting from this is that Sonic Mania is an illusion.

Can't be. Phantom Ruby seems to only affect the immediate surroundings. And Sonic isn't with the Phantom Ruby all the time in Sonic Mania.

Stuff like the Hard-Boiled Heavies seem like they were illusions, but if so how did Eggman interact with them post-Green Hill?

10 minutes ago, KHCast said:

So what's the time eater? And the "enjoy your future" line? 

He eats dimensions for lunch.

"Could be applied to the entire context of the game really. This is definitely one of the messier retcons they've done.

• Chuckle 1

2 minutes ago, Indigo Rush said:

I'm not convinced naming a level "City" is going to make the top 5 list of problems with this game.

I know, but it's just funny, is all. I remember there being a fair amount of discussion about what that zone's name is because of the different level names we've seen, like City Heights and Park Avenue, so it's a bit anti-climactic to find out that the overall zone's just called... City.

4 minutes ago, Dejimon11 said:

So basically everything I'm getting from this is that Sonic Mania is an illusion. I've pretty much been seeing bits and pieces of this games plot and wow this plot is really stupid not in a "it's so bad it's good" way just that's it's downright bad. 

To me that strikes me as "oh so Classic Eggman knows how to use the Ruby, too." I.E. most of the badniks and things were real. 

6 minutes ago, Whatever the WhoCares said:

To me that strikes me as "oh so Classic Eggman knows how to use the Ruby, too." I.E. most of the badniks and things were real. 

It can go either way I suppose. I mean.. actually now that I think about it, the prequel comic and Omega's appearance in Forces makes it look like the Ruby can teleport things. So.. Sonic Mania is NOT essentially one big trip. They're actually going places.

I can see myself finding more enjoyment from classic honestly. Seems you do more platforming and interaction wise with his levels.

Also so does GHZ once again have no context? Cause if Gens is canon, I thought Sonic had no recollection of GHZ existing...

1 minute ago, Saber Wisp said:

That's a bold claim.

But it's an interesting bold claim. 

Honestly, I'd be inclined to believe it if more of the Classic levels are like Ghost Town. It looked fairly decent, row of Buzz Bombers chilling on a slope aside. Or maybe my standards are slipping because I'm comparing it to Forces Green Hill. How is that stage later than Ghost Town...?

2 minutes ago, KHCast said:

I can see myself finding more enjoyment from classic honestly. Seems you do more platforming and interaction wise with his levels.

Also so does GHZ once again have no context? Cause if Gens is canon, I thought Sonic had no recollection of GHZ existing...

He clearly said he remembers it...

If you're gonna critical something, how about Sonic saying GHZ is one of his fav places to visit.

Calm down guys lol

I seriously doubt the entirety of Mania was all an illusion, I refuse to believe that.

It could be that somethings in Mania were illusions, maybe the old stages were illusions, but the new levels existed normally, or maybe the final fight had some illusions, but not the whole Mania universe, they wouldn't do that.

• Thumbs Up 2

Man, I definitely don't think I like this game as a game but as a story it sure is interesting even if some people can't agree on the way its told. I had no idea you guys were all so completely against something involving a war and yet here I've kind of wanted a story about things like "What If the Chaos Emeralds were literally destroyed for good" because I'm so all over the kind of stuff. 

But yeah inconsistent characterization is uh... pretty bad. But I have to say that Robotnik was not one of those regardless of what the Eggman fanboys will say. This is the same man who bombed Angel Island, electrocuted Knuckles, held a gun to Amy's head, sent Sonic off from the Ark thinking he would kill him and have his friends watch which would absolutely create some form of PTSD. The last thing Eggman isn't is a sadist. The man is charismatic, but you can't tell me that this slave worker, psychological tormentor is absolved of his sins. He's a likeable villain sure for that charisma, but he's totally allowed to be a monster and so far he's been damn great in Forces. You're allowed to like him but... yeah no he's a psychopath. Sorry, guys. Why would you argue against that?

.... However. The text block telling us how after Sonic lost Robotnik went about taking over works but it's certainly not illustrative. This would have been the perfect time for a SatAM nod and have his ships fly over unconquered land to fade into the conquered versions of the land. 

Then again, I like SatAM/Archies under Flynn. It's not perfect, but it's a damn good interpretation that's fairly faithful to the series regardless of how many times this fanbase will argue it isn't.

I'm still disappointed by Tails being a bit of a coward though and that's considering I hated how over competent he was previously like he was Sonic MacGuyver. This is the same franchise where I'm irritated that Sega has a rule that Sonic can't cry and can't be shown in any way except that he must be "cool at all times". The thing I liked about Sonic better than Mario is it felt more... real so to speak. I saw a better realized and evolving idea of a series. 

Eh. So I mean, I like some things but I definitely have to say I don't like the level design. But I can talk about how I haven't liked Boost Sonic for a long time and they made it even worse by getting rid of even more depth by subtracting the drifting from the formula and even going as far to get rid of the 3D platforming segments. As a positive I appreciate the attempt at cinematic platformer elements of having segments be dedicated to a cool event like Sonic riding ships into a barrage of gunfire on the Death Egg and Infinite becoming a Tim Burtonesque monster in Metropolis. Because while I was shot down about this being a cinematic platformer it sure seems to be intent on proving my point. Hey. I didn't say it was a good cinematic platformer (though it's certainly not terrible as it is kind of really underwhelming until things like the Phantom Ruby Infinites happen and put a smile on my face) and those are pretty linear if you don't remember how those used to be. 

Like that's one thing I can say. This game is average. I'm sure tired of Sonic being mediocre and I'm glad you're not settling but all the same I'm kind of sick of trying to analyze this franchise when we can't agree what the actual negatives are when we even debate what is positives are. 

I can't wait to see more. I'm certainly hoping it gets bigger toward the end of the game like it looks like it might. Because while this story may be convoluted this is something amusingly ridiculous to me. I just hope it doesn't invalidate Sonic Mania like it sounds like it might or I'll be joining you in distaste for this.