Awoo.

Sonic Forces SPOILER Thread

Ellipsis-Ultima

Lived there/traveled there more frequently, would still either way have appreciated if they made the connection to him going to GHZ more frequently being because of Gens more clear and not just randomly there.

He's probably joking about the neighborhood part because he doesn't actually live anywhere, but at the least it means he visits it frequently. 

I gotta point out that technically he never really went to the real, original Geeen Hill again until Generations, not counting Adventure 2. There's plenty of Green Hill-like places, but it's only really appeared this frequently very recently. And even then, that's like.. two games. Gens and Forces.

18 minutes ago, Razule said:

I hate to sound like a broken record, but that's why I've been suggesting that Modern Sonic had his own version of the classic games in his own modern style

That's really the only option considering the thing with Classic, and they're definitely not just treating it as "just" a design.. hence the dimension thing. We'd be better off if they did.. but they've clearly given it narrative weight

Oh yeah, it's definitely part of the narrative, I agree with what you're saying 100%.

What I mean is that, for now at least, I'm taking this at face value: "Classic Sonic" is just A Sonic From Another Dimension. From a meta perspective we know it's because of the gameplay and design and such, but in-universe that's all it is. Unless they pull some weird shit where Classic showing up here somehow brought along concepts like the Death Egg.

1 minute ago, Razule said:

He's probably joking about the neighborhood part because he doesn't actually live anywhere, but at the least it means he visits it frequently. 

I gotta point out that technically he never really went to the real, original Geeen Hill again until Generations, not counting Adventure 2. There's plenty of Green Hill-like places, but it's only really appeared this frequently very recently.

Was Adventure 2 GHZ canon?

6 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Except they're going off of Gens, not the other games. Which again, if celestia's theory is correct and Sonic after Gens decided to live in ghz, id have liked if they bring that up instead of expect us to just assume that 

also my comment was also pointing out how Sonic didn't "clearly remember GHZ" in Gens.

Why? I'd rather they forget the one-off line from Generations that didn't make sense and be done with it.

You either:

1) Go with Generations' line being regarded as "canon" and regard the entire zone as so unimportant he nearly forgets it exists in the first place, despite how often he's visited it in-game in the past, which doesn't make sense, and just makes the place seem less important in comparison, while simultaniously needing to craft some arbitrary reason why he suddenly does consider it to be familiar now

or

2) Disregard the anniversary title's dialog as a minor inconsistency, and keep the consistency of the rest of the series and the importance of the zone in spite of it

Option 1 feels like tripping yourself up on purpose in this series that doesn't even attempt to keep consistancy most of the time. This is the game that brought Crisis City back for the heck of it, here...

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, KHCast said:

Was Adventure 2 GHZ canon?

It's not connected to the story mode, so probably not. It's there though, so it existed. 

1 minute ago, The Deleter said:

2) Disregard the anniversary title's dialog as a minor inconsistency, and keep the consistency of the rest of the series and the importance of the zone in spite of it

So what from Gens would you keep, cause you'd have to keep some things since the events did happen according to Forces

Guys, you are taking these lines way too seriously.

First the torture, and now Sonic calling GHZ "his favourite place to stay".

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Limit Breaker Diamond said:

First the torture, and now Donic calling GHZ "his favourite place to stay".

Donic lmao

I mean, I'm pretty sure stuff like that, Sonic saying he hasn't seen Classic for "generations" and the chilidog thing for Zavok are just your good old Sonic quips. It's nothing to overthink about.

2 minutes ago, Limit Breaker Diamond said:

First the torture, and now Donic calling GHZ "his favourite place to stay".

Every time I go through this thread my head hurts.

• Thumbs Up 1

31 minutes ago, Razule said:

I hate to sound like a broken record, but that's why I've been suggesting that Modern Sonic had his own version of the classic games in his own modern style

That's really the only option considering the thing with Classic, and they're definitely not just treating it as "just" a design.. hence the dimension thing. We'd be better off if they did.. but they've clearly given it narrative weight

Well I guess Sonic 4 actually now has some logical sense to it, and that the Sonic 1-3&k before it featured Modern, with maybe a few slight alterations. But then there's Gens and Classic Metal Sonic...fuck this 

1 hour ago, Saber Wisp said:

What interests me is, if Eggman actually developed the Phantom Ruby, how does it end up in Mania's dimension in Angel Island? According to Mania's lackluster wasted as fuck plot the Phantom Ruby appeared in Angel Island after a dimensional rift put it there.

Uh.

How?

Ask thanos

FseYHgc.png

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 8

4 minutes ago, KHCast said:

So what from Gens would you keep, cause you'd have to keep some things since the events did happen according to Forces

Nothing? Tying Generations to Forces and making it "canon" is on them for making it more convoluted now. The line can still live in isolation from the rest of the game as far as I'm concerned.

I genuinely don't want an attempt to explain "how I didn't know about Green Hill before but now I know it like it's my hometown" in-game, as an inconsistency, as if that's something worth acknowledging, though, lmao. Now that, that is when you know your continuity has no dignity anymore.

• Thumbs Up 1

Now that, that is when you know your continuity has no dignity anymore.

I mean come on this continuity won't last another game. Continuity is and will be Sonic's worst enemy ever since Sonic 3&K. 

Watch how in the next game they add yet another gameplay style and act as if the other games never happened again.

• Thumbs Up 1

Nothing? Tying Generations to Forces and making it "canon" is on them for making it more convoluted now. The line can still live in isolation from the rest of the game as far as I'm concerned.

I genuinely don't want an attempt to explain "how I didn't know about Green Hill before but now I know it like it's my hometown" in-game, as an inconsistency, as if that's something worth acknowledging, though, lmao. Now that, that is when you know your continuity has no dignity anymore.

Something tells me it's not just that line you're gonna treat as isolated from that game. You'd have to isolate like 70% of Gens story to make any semblance of sense

3 minutes ago, Saber Wisp said:

I mean come on this continuity won't last another game. Continuity is and will be Sonic's worst enemy ever since Sonic 3&K. 

Watch how in the next game they add yet another gameplay style and act as if the other games never happened again.

At this point I just want them to fuckin' reboot the entire canon beyond S3&K... Lmao.

7 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Was the metal sonic boss fight already posted?

Yeah man, it's just a thing. You bash the robot. Boosh. It's like a runny thing where you like run and Metal Sonic is big and fake. 

Im gonna go to bed. 

3 minutes ago, Whatever the WhoCares said:

Yeah man, it's just a thing. You bash the robot. Boosh. It's like a runny thing where you like run and Metal Sonic is big and fake. 

Im gonna go to bed. 

Just saw it on YouTube. So it's pretty much 90% of the boost bosses, with half the challenge. Disappointing, but boost bosses aren't exactly top tier difficulty to begin with I guess

18 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Was the metal sonic boss fight already posted?

For the Metal Sonic boss... Just look up "Sonic Forces Metal Sonic Boss" on youtube. And pretty much you can do the same for any part of the game that's been leaked. Look it up on youtube and use the only videos from the past week filter.

Edit: Nevermind seems you already found it. But I'll leave this search tip here for anybody else reading.

The only boss I thought was interesting so far was the Zavok boss. And that's mainly just because it wasn't another Boost fest.

• Thumbs Up 2

To this day the only two boost bosses I've gotten enjoyment out of were Perfect Chaos and Silver. The latter only really because of how much of a step up it was from the original. But even  Shadows piss easy boss fight in Gens is better than the boost bosses im seeing here so far.

To this day the only two boost bosses I've gotten enjoyment out of were Perfect Chaos and Silver. The latter only really because of how much of a step up it was from the original. But even  Shadows piss easy boss fight in Gens is better than the boost bosses im seeing here so far.

Shadow's boss fight in Generations was gimicky as fuck. What were those power up bubbles supposed to be?

Do you fight Shadow here? I saw the cutscene with the two Shadows but that's it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Them reusing the Lost World tubes for the Infinite Boost Boss was pretty hilarious.

• Thumbs Up 1

45 minutes ago, Limit Breaker Diamond said:

First the torture, and now Sonic calling GHZ "his favourite place to stay".

I think the thing is, is that's just such a weird thing to just say.

It's basically him going "OH NO NOT GREEN HILL, I LIKE GREEN HILL".

Or, you know: