Awoo.

Sonic Forces SPOILER Thread

Ellipsis-Ultima

So was I the only one reminded of Yooka-Laylee's final boss fight with the Zavok battle?

Oh and it had a nice remix during the fight.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm probably in the minority, but, I actually feel a little better about the game from what was shown. Hard to describe why, and there's still some things I'm concerned about--and I'll admit I don't know the first thing about level design, physics, and a lot of other issues that many people have brought up in various threads. But I'm looking forward to it a little more than I was before now.

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Nice Smile 2

I still have the video up on my end as long as I don't refresh the page. I gotta say I'm enjoying the story so far and also Infinite is looking good. 

• Promotion 1

Now that I got to see more of the game and not just the same stuff I already knew about, I am hyped for Forces as opposed to mildly optimistic about it.

I am biased as hell and I love that the game has taken elements from Sonic Lost World and Boost games. It makes my dream game of a Boost/Parkour combo game more likely and I never expected there to be a shot in hell of Sonic Team ever doing it for real. Only disappointment was that hard mode isn't really hard, but I really ought not to have expected anything else. And the story leaves much to be desired, but at least I can laugh at the edginess and appreciate the good dialogue that sometimes pops up. I'll take it over Pontaff's other Sonic works for those merits.

Instead of PC, I will get it on Switch because it has demonstrated that it is not a mess like it seemed before.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Shiguy said:

"WHOA CHAOS! SONIC HELP ME!

hqdefault.jpg

Tails what the fuck are you even...

Well actually if you compare both situations Tails has Sonic with him but after he saw Sonic on the ground like that and he thought (along with the others) thought he wasn't alive. Silver even comments on Tails saying he has lost it.

• Thumbs Up 2

Definitely not liking how Tails is portrayed in the beginning there. He literally just stood there watch his friend's ass get beat and was as useless as the civilians. What happened to that Sonic Adventure development?

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow now that I’ve actually seen more the game in action my hype levels are back to what they were before Sega revealed the stuff I had issues with. Soundtrack is on point as well (well scratch that classic Green Hill still sucks). November 7 is gonna be lit.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

@Mayor Dwas right, Death Egg Modern is straight up lifting segments Starlight Carnival. The crushing ceiling, the quick closing doors that are a second to slow from keeping Sonic to advancing, ect.

1 minute ago, Pawnkin said:

Knuckles: "None of this is good, Vector. That's why it's called 'War.' "

LOL, they are really leaning into this.

When Knuckles finds out that Sonic is alive and they're going to rescue him now he said during the time Sonic was a prisoner he was being tortured like holy sh**...

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Nice Smile 1

I'm still watching the beginning of the stream, and I'm so mixed about this game! There's thing I like like some of the music, more serious tone and fun dialogue but the story doesn't seem to hold up too well. That black screen shit is laughably bad, seriously. And the gameplay still looks boring to me.

1 minute ago, CottonCandy said:

Oh crap, I missed the stream. lol 
What happened? How's the story so far? 

It’s good imo for the most part. Except Tails’ character development took a massive nosedive and plus Eggman held the villain ball big time by taking sonic prisoner for several months instead, you know, just killing him and calling it a day.

Aaaaaaand the just ran throught a fleet of buzzbombers without boost power and didn't get hit.

2 minutes ago, CottonCandy said:

Oh crap, I missed the stream. lol 
What happened? How's the story so far? 

To me its looks awesome so far!

Sega, why did you not tell me there were Sonic Lost World elements in Forces? Or, to be more exact, why did you not tell me about the most original parts of the levels and gameplay? Maybe I need to clarify-- Sega, why did you not tell me about Sonic Team seeing potential in some of Lost World's concepts and taking another shot at them?

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa