Awoo.

Sonic Forces SPOILER Thread

Ellipsis-Ultima

1 minute ago, Feanor said:

There are going to be people unironically calling Mania a rehash while claiming Forces is a brand new experience™.

You're still going back to Green Hill in this game by like the 20th stage. 

You can't add green hill zone to every game if you go back to it in the same one

download (23).jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

man, the piano tune and nice visual touches after the game's beat are nice. This game has some very good touches.

Wish they were in a better game.

• Thumbs Up 4

9 minutes ago, Izuku Deku Midoriya said:

Anyone know what happened to Infinite in the story? Last I personally saw of him was way back when he destroyed Modern Sonic in Mystic Jungle and later fought the Avatar and lost. 

He got beat by Sonic and Avatar then fucked off back to his home planet

Just now, Zippo said:

...Wait, why was Chaos in this game again?

Why was phantom Shadow? Nostalgia

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Zippo said:

...Wait, why was Chaos in this game again?

That's the reason.

Infinite was apparently basically just a vessel for the Ruby. When Eggman put the Ruby to be fully controlled by his robot, Infinite is implicitly killed/erased, hence him going "I can still fight!" before disappearing and being recalled.

• Thumbs Up 1

it seems strange to me that Infinite leaves after its defeat and eggman does not appear after its defeat either, after its greater blow ... also no gems? is it certain that there is no secret end like in Mania?

2 minutes ago, SSF1991 said:

To be fair, that is nearly every single Sonic game. lol

You tend to be a bit less...loud on subjects. What do you think of all this?

I'm honestly kind of flabbergasted. I have no idea what I think right now.

Most of this game is wading through menus, watching cutscenes and performing QTEs joined together by hallways and blocky sidescrolling levels, there's less than... 8? 8 worlds? Much of these levels can probably be completed in under 2 minutes by a competent player. There's 5 red rings to collect in each level, but some of them are visible on the same screen, even in a row.

Mmeehh. Some content.

• Thumbs Up 8

Colors final boss was reused in SLW and now again in Forces. Come on Sonic Team where's your imagination?

I did like the final cutscene. They at least really got the ending right. 

Knuckes wants to break up the resistance, but Silver wants to keep it together because there's still extra work to do. The Avatar feels his job is done and doesn't need to be there anymore, then everyone comes together and have a nice farewell talk along with Tails motivational speech. The ending with Modern and Avatar was really touching to me along with their obvious fist bump goodbye.

Re-watching all cutscenes now it seems.

2 minutes ago, ChikaBoing said:

5 levels how amazing

two are green levels and the rest are machine/urban levels

Nice.

Well, story-wise it was disappointing. Infinite was such a huge letdown it's kinda laughable. The ending is kinda lame but it was sweet I admit. On the plus side, the music and visuals are really good. 

The stages seem very short and the gameplay looks okay at best. Not the worst I've seen but I expected better. Overall it's meh. So..yeah gonna have to wait for a price drop on this one... lol

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Penny said:

if they got one thing right, it's Sonic. from what I've seen, he's almost perfectly characterized

This is about all they got right, and Knuckles according to some.