Awoo.

Sonic Forces SPOILER Thread

Ellipsis-Ultima

I am wondering if Shadow will have boss fights in his dlc... like if they are Chaos and Shadow there instead but I doubt it.

4 minutes ago, TheOcelot said:

Colors final boss was reused in SLW and now again in Forces. Come on Sonic Team where's your imagination?

It all went into Infinite.

Spoiler

Yeah I know

Ok, possible extra ending scene after completing all the secret missions I guess. Maybe a secret boss, possibly just make you fight the normal final boss again though.

This game doesn't look as terrible as I feared. It doesn't look good though.

As it stands, I probably won't bother with this one, which is a shame. But, the levels are just way too short, and generally uninteresting from a gameplay / level design standpoint.

Graphics look nice, haven't heard enough to form opinions on the music or voice acting. In fact, barely seen any story stuff, so can't comment fairly there either. But as a guy who values gameplay above all else, I just can't justify spending the time or money on this one. (in before "Neither could Sonic Team).

Something must have happened in those 4 years, because this is NOT the product of that entire time.

• Thumbs Up 5

Just now, Indigo Rush said:

This is about all they got right, and Knuckles according to some.

I haven't seen most of the cutscenes so how correct is Sonic? What does he do? 

Even Sonic ends up sounding really lame sometimes. We even got what was basically a new (though less catchy) "real super power of teamwork" line.

At least he wasn't just "serious".

• Thumbs Up 2

Hey, remember when "at least the story is gonna be good this time!" ?

How you like it now? The comic is pretty sweet, tho'.

4 minutes ago, ShroomZed said:

I haven't seen most of the cutscenes so how correct is Sonic? What does he do? 

His dialogue is just about on point with how he should talk and emote. Snarky, quick wit, a little narmy and cheesy... but not too much so. Loving the action going on, excited to go on to the next mission. Not too dorky, not too serious, the right balance.

• Thumbs Up 3

So disappointing in infinite, was expecting some sort of plot twist with him considering how they hyped him up as this mysterious villain.

I'm sorry if I missed something, because I've been offline for the last day and saw this page had more responses(I mean, I know people like to speculate but c'mon lol)...this game leaked already?  Shouldn't we have...I don't know, waited until the day of release for this?  I know people can't wait to bash this game, but this is kind of ridiculous.  I'm not gonna judge anyone specific or try to, but I find it kinda dishonest in a way.   I have played the demo but other than that, I'm avoiding spoilers as long as I can(bye till release day then lol).  Don't try to justify it by saying it's a bad game and it deserves it....there's a release window and people should respect it.  That's just my opinion though.  Have fun, I guess. 

5 minutes ago, Penny said:

if they got one thing right, it's Sonic. from what I've seen, he's almost perfectly characterized

Well thats one thing. Im glad they got Sonic right and as a result got Tails ........so....horribly.... WRONG

The most disappointing thing to me is the level design for modern sonic it could definitely be better and generations got that part right so what the hell happened?

3 hours ago, Jango said:

Hey, remember when "at least the story is gonna be good this time!" ?

How you like it now? The comic is pretty sweet, tho'.

I like it alot

1 minute ago, Limit Breaker Diamond said:

I regret saying the game will be one of the best...

I'm sorry.

Stop with that, man.. it was not your fault.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, the_civil said:

The most disappointing thing to me is the level design for modern sonic it could definitely be better and generations got that part right so what the hell happened?

They didn't have the same good director, and I think the staff was different as well.

• Thumbs Up 2

This was pure shite. 4 years and that's all we get.

3D Sonic is dead.

I hope you're happy, Iizuka.

• Thumbs Up 3

1 minute ago, SatAMhog said:

I'm sorry if I missed something, because I've been offline for the last day and saw this page had more responses(I mean, I know people like to speculate but c'mon lol)...this game leaked already?  Shouldn't we have...I don't know, waited until the day of release for this?  I know people can't wait to bash this game, but this is kind of ridiculous.  I'm not gonna judge anyone specific or try to, but I find it kinda dishonest in a way.   I have played the demo but other than that, I'm avoiding spoilers as long as I can(bye till release day then lol).  Don't try to justify it by saying it's a bad game and it deserves it....there's a release window and people should respect it.  That's just my opinion though.  Have fun, I guess. 

no cause those same people were wanting to hate on the game. noting would have changed honestly. some of those same people months ago hated the game and wanted it to fail. this just gives them more chances to laugh and say how much it sucked to THEM thats the keyword . if your still excited for it go for it. Definitely do not let ssmb be the voice behind a opinion on new sonic games. This is just people discussing it.

2 minutes ago, the_civil said:

Between Classic, Avatar, the tag team levels and boss fights, they spread themselves out too thin. Also, the level designers aren't especially talented, or at least don't understand the fundamentals of Sonic design (curves, bends, loops, etc yadda yadda you know the schpiel)

• Thumbs Up 3

2 minutes ago, Jango said:

Stop with that, man.. it was not your fault.

It was my fault for arguing with you guys...

• Thumbs Up 1

Why'd they even bother with "null space" if all it amounted to was Sonic and Avatar double boosting out of it in seconds.

• Thumbs Up 4

2 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

noting would have changed honestly.

Can we get a show of hands of people who were hyped for Forces when it was announced and are now disappointed/cautious/skeptical etc?

• Thumbs Up 4

4 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

no cause those same people were wanting to hate on the game. noting would have changed honestly. some of those same people months ago hated the game and wanted it to fail. this just gives them more chances to laugh and say how much it sucked to THEM thats the keyword . if your still excited for it go for it. Definitely do not let ssmb be the voice behind a opinion on new sonic games. This is just people discussing it.

Dude, seriously, shut up. You're full of shit.

• Thumbs Up 4

9 minutes ago, Shaddy the guy said:

You tend to be a bit less...loud on subjects.

That's just because I don't make a big deal about my opinions. XD

What do you think of all this?

I think I'll enjoy the game. I dislike the music, and I think the "stop and go" nature of this game could be awkward. But I think I'll have a fun, enjoyable experience.

• Promotion 1
  • Chuckle 1

1 minute ago, Indigo Rush said:

Between Classic, Avatar, the tag team levels and boss fights, they spread themselves out too thin. Also, the level designers aren't especially talented, or at least don't understand the fundamentals of Sonic design (curves, bends, loops, etc yadda yadda you know the schpiel)

I feel like there needs to be a class called “Good Sonic level design 101” lol. Because it really seems like they don’t know what they’re doing are are afraid to use the boost gameplay in 3D effectively

• Thumbs Up 3