Awoo.

Sonic Forces SPOILER Thread

Ellipsis-Ultima

20 minutes ago, A Zombie KING and 14 other said:

I can't believe eggman died.

We never saw him escape did we? Oh shit.

• Promotion 1

So yea...if you can just turn your brain off and not question anything, and just enjoy the spectacle; then yea, I can see this game going over well with people.

It's basically just a bunch of cool shit happening one after another.

1 minute ago, Jango said:

Dude, seriously, shut up.

um no and i will ask a mod to back me up this time on this one. I have as much right to tell another fan to enjoy the game than become dishearted by people calling the game a steamy pile and how they fell sorry for anyone legit excited for this game

@Celestia what about this? not going to argue with anyone but wouldnt that be right?

• Thumbs Up 1

Okay so who wants to compare my pre-release scenario with what actually happened?

Spoiler
[7:53 PM] DoubleXXCross: OKAY SO THIS IS THE PLOT OF SONIC FORCES.
[7:53 PM] DoubleXXCross: COMBINING ALL THAT WE KNOW ABOUT THINGS
[7:54 PM] DoubleXXCross: CANON EGGMAN GETS OUT OF THE VOID.
[7:54 PM] DoubleXXCross: GETS SPAT INTO SONIC ONE.
[7:55 PM] DoubleXXCross: DECIDES TO USE HIS MODERN KNOWLEDGE OF THINGS TO SCREW THINGS OVER EARLY.
[7:55 PM] DoubleXXCross: ENTIRE GAME IS ALTERNATE DIMENSION.
[7:55 PM] DoubleXXCross: INCLUDING MODERN SONIC.
[7:56 PM] DoubleXXCross: THIS IS BECAUSE IF IT WERE THE SAME DIMENSION IT WOULD CAUSE AN ONTOLOGICAL PARADOX.
[7:56 PM] DoubleXXCross: EGGMAN SHIFTED WORLD LINE.
[7:57 PM] DoubleXXCross: THIS WOULD EXPLAIN 1) CHAOS BEING OUT OF THE MASTER EMERALD IN MODERN DAY AND UNDER EGGMAN'S CONTROL AND NOT SEDATE
[7:57 PM] DoubleXXCross: 2) ZAVOK NOT GOiNG AFTER THE CRAZY OLD MAN FOR NOT HAVING THAT ————ING SPONGEBOB CONCH
[7:58 PM] DoubleXXCross: 3) THIS IS THE FIRST MODERN METAL WE'VE SEEN IN A WHILE. IT'S A RIVALS' TYPE METAL THAT HAS NO BRAIN.
[7:58 PM] DoubleXXCross: 4) AS FOR SHADOW?
[7:58 PM] DoubleXXCross: SONIC FOUND HIM FIRST.
[7:58 PM] DoubleXXCross: IN THIS WORLD THE FREEDOM FIGHTERS CRACKED THE BASE THAT SHADOW WAS HIDDEN IN.
[7:59 PM] DoubleXXCross: SHADOW HAS GONE TO THE BAD GUY SIDE FOR THE FIRST TIME AFTER EGGMAN WAS ABLE TO PROVE HIS CONNECTION TO THE ROBOTNIKS AND HIS FIGHT AGAINST GUN
[8:00 PM] DoubleXXCross: HE'S NOT BRAINWASHED OR AMNESIAC, HE JUST LEARNED SOMETHING NEW THAT THE FREEDOM FIGHTERS WEREN'T TELLING HIM OR DIDN'T KNOW
[8:01 PM] DoubleXXCross: ANYWAY MODERN EGGMAN SOWS THOSE SEEDS OF DESTRUCTION IN THE PAST OF THIS NEW TIMELINE AND OVER THE ERAS ACQUIRES HIS LITTLE GENERAL PARTY WITH SHADOW BEING THE NEWEST ELECT AFTER BEING THE HARDEST TO PIN DOWN
[8:01 PM] DoubleXXCross: BUT HE HASN'T DONE THIS JUST BY LIVING SEVERAL YEARS, HE'S HOPPED ALONG HIS OWN TIMELINE WHERE THE NATIVE EGGMAN WAS PICKING UP HIS SLACK ON THE GROUND
[8:02 PM] DoubleXXCross: AS FOR CLASSIC IN MODERN DAY, HE FOLLOWED EGGMAN ON ONE OF THESE TIME TRAVELS AND NOW HE'S IN THE FUTURE
[8:02 PM] DoubleXXCross: THIS IS ALSO WHY THIS PARTICULAR SILVER EXISTS
[8:02 PM] DoubleXXCross: HE IS FROM THE ERA AFTER THE DEFEAT OF THE EGGMAN EMPIRE
[8:03 PM] DoubleXXCross: HE CAME BACK IN TIME BECAUSE 200 YEARS LATER WAS THE FIRST TIME TECHNOLOGY WAS DEVELOPED THAT COULD IDENTIFY THE ENTRANCE OF CANON EGGMAN
[8:03 PM] DoubleXXCross: AND OBVIOUSLY TO TIE THIS ALL TOGETHER, INFINITE IS THE ENTITY THAT SPRUNG EGGMAN OUT OF TIME JAIL
[8:04 PM] DoubleXXCross: WHATEVER INFINITE IS, ONE IDEA:
[8:05 PM] DoubleXXCross: HE'S DIRECTLY CONNECTED TO THE TIME EATER AND MAY BE FROM THE SAME WORLD AS IT
[8:06 PM] DoubleXXCross: EGGMAN GRABBED THE ATTENTION OF INFINITE AFTER HE STARTED ROPING IN A CERTAIN PLANET THAT INFINITE WAS INTERESTED IN
[8:06 PM] DoubleXXCross: AND NOW WE HAVE A ————ING TRILOGY AND CONTINUITY BETWEEN COLOURS, GENERATIONS AND FORCES.
[8:06 PM] DoubleXXCross: /bows

I’ll probably end up enjoying this game at the end of the day but not as much as unleashed or generations. I have to see about colors though I haven’t played that in a while

3 minutes ago, Indigo Rush said:

Can we get a show of hands of people who were hyped for Forces when it was announced and are now disappointed/cautious/skeptical etc?

I wouldn't say hyped but I was intending to buy it once it was revealed because I thought it would just be an improved Generations. I think I will just buy Mania again after this stream though. 

• Thumbs Up 5

1 minute ago, Diogenes said:

Accusing people who disagree with you of blind hate instead of being able to acknowledge actual criticism is pretty shitty, dude.

Not to mention putting words in people's mouth. When has anyone here said they "wanted the game to fail", huh?

21 minutes ago, SSF1991 said:

To be fair, that is nearly every single Sonic game. lol

I guess you can say Sonic games after starting with CD became polarizing. I'm not sure but I remember hearing that Sonic and Knuckles wasn't well received. Or Knuckles Chaotix...Or 3D blast.

But I wasn't around that era. 

To hell with it..Sonic has always been polarizing to most people lol.

soooo...any sign of little planet? i mean it was warped into the forces world together with classic sonic at the end of mania..

1 minute ago, Diogenes said:

Accusing people who disagree with you of blind hate instead of being able to acknowledge actual criticism is pretty shitty, dude.

Never said anything about anyone disagreeing with me, i specially said those that have hated it from the start. But again this time I would like mod weigh in. Just so im clear that i can tell a fan who has to log on and say its disheartening to see such things and for me to try to tell them basically hey if you like the game and have waited for it in excitement go for it dont let the piles of shit comments that have been the same for quite awhile make you change your mind.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, FReaK said:

soooo...any sign of little planet? i mean it was warped into the forces world together with classic sonic at the end of mania..

Nope... no sign of it.

9 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

Why'd they even bother with "null space" if all it amounted to was Sonic and Avatar double boosting out of it in seconds.

I don't know, I mean this development staff always pulls shit like this. Remember in Colors there was a stage and all it was was Sonic running around a saturn ring.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, FReaK said:

Nope. The only connection between Forces and Mania is that Classic Sonic shows up.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, FReaK said:

Nah, nothing. No additional CD plot here. 

4 minutes ago, FReaK said:

I think Little Planet just went back to where it goes when it's not on Sonic's world.

But no it's not in this game.

5 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

Well...a few people, I think. Myself included.

Game's trash. I'd rather it fail than succeed, to teach Sonic Team a lesson.

Well, I didn't knew. But it's not much wanting the game to fail. It was going to fail on itself without anyone wanting anything. And sincerely, at this point, I doubt Sonic Team can learn any lesson, friend. :/

Sorry @Meta77

Moving on.

The music in this game is pretty good, huh?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Mayor D said:

lol Is anyone really surprised at this?

Any details impressions from fans and press at various hands on events were always either average to negative.

Complete lacklustre public demo.

The same 3 levels used over and over to promote the game.

Less than 50% the average RRP for a typical new videogame.

Ridiculous new villain who kept getting a new super power and ability every time a trailer got shown. 

Plus the development problems that I heard about.

Is anyone surprised that the final product isn't very good?

Naw, but I just didn't think it'd be this dire.

moving on yes legit though what song plays during the final boss.

One thing i will say i wll be honestly sad just a bit if it was fist bump ha like seriously

Just now, Jango said:

Well, I didn't knew. But it's not much of wanting the game to fail. It was going to fail on itself without anyone wanting anything. And sincerely, at this point, I doubt Sonic Team can learn any lesson, friend. :/

Sorry @Meta77

Moving on.

The music in this game is pretty good, huh?

The music’s hit and miss for me I think I like the modern songs and with the exception of ghost town for classic sonic, I don’t know what happened there. I’m not a fan of how a lot of the music is super synthesized

• Thumbs Up 2

I feel like they sacrificed a lot of personality quirks to make him more of a threat, hell even in the final battle he's mute. Characters are chattering all throughout the game and you have him quiet for the final fight.

• Thumbs Up 6