Awoo.

Sonic Forces SPOILER Thread

Ellipsis-Ultima

Speaking of Eggman... what happened to him? He didn't said a word during the final boss fight! O.o

Could Eggman be an illusion too? o.O There's got to be one more cutscene...

• Thumbs Up 5

3 minutes ago, Super Mechanio said:

My statement that Infinite was a terrible character will now be retracted.

Infinite isn't even a character. He was just an illusion created by the Phantom Ruby. He had no backstory, no motive, no connection to anyone in the game; Just another construct like the fake Chaos/Shadow/Metal/Zavok. There was even thousands of him in the end.

Like, this is the character Sonic Team wanted people to get hyped for all this time?

Anyway, glad to see Eggman be the final boss and main villain, but I also feel like they mishandled his character and really dropped the ball on actually showing us what life under the Eggman Empire was like. This was a chance to get some really fantastic Eggman content and they squandered it.

They didn't just drop the ball, they never had a ball

As far as we know the world's nothing but a bunch of soldiers in the Resistance.

• Thumbs Up 5

1 minute ago, Jango said:

Speaking of Eggman... what happened to him? He didn't said a word during the final boss fight! O.o

Could Eggman be an illusion too? o.O There's got to be one more cutscene...

Yeah weird that there wasn't even an after credits scene with him..

I’ve just come back to find out that not only is Sonic Forces a really short game (par for the course with these Modern Sonic games!), but the final boss/ending is lacklustre and shit. Oh, AND they got rid of Infinite, a character who was badass and had potential, with no payoff. 

Good Lord, I was holding out hope that the story would at least be decent and while it has its moments they done fucked it up!

Oh yeah, we’ll see Classic Sonic again soon—NO! You won’t bring him back in 3D Sega I sw2g!

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Chuckle 1

So, who was the internal writer?

And I guess this kills the crab concerning modern Sonic. The franchise is likely more or less boned.

Don't know about you guys, but I expected nothing and that's exactly what I got.

So therefore, the game is a success for meeting my expectations :V

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Chuckle 2

Yeah. I think the worst is that everyone in this game has the wrong character.

Amy is like Boom Sonic when it comes to tone and voice but absolutely no personality.

While Knuckles doesn't act stupidly gullible or a "strong boy" he doesn't act like anything special either. Nothing like the hot head from Sonic X or the calm and relaxing guy from his older days. BOOM voice actors just do not translate to these characters at all.

The only few who have anything that defines them is Charmy, Infinite, Sonic, Eggman and maybe a couple of others. Besides that, it's just like Generations but a bit worse.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Gabz Girl said:

I’ve just come back to find out that not only is Sonic Forces a really short game (par for the course with these Modern Sonic games!), but the final boss/ending is lacklustre and shit. Oh, AND they got rid of Infinite, a character who was badass and had potential, with no payoff. 

Good Lord, I was holding out hope that the story would at least be decent and while it has its moments they done fucked it up!

Oh yeah, we’ll see Classic Sonic again soon—NO! You won’t bring him back Sega I sw2g!

Hey. The comics are good :D

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, The Tenth Doctor said:

One question. What is the music like in the Final Boss?

Phase one sounded like it came from Phantasy Star Universe. I didn't care for it.

Phase 2 on the other hand was pretty good.

Just now, SpyroZap said:

The Void/Frenzy wispon looks over powered.

What weapon isn't in this game.

2 minutes ago, Gabz Girl said:

Oh yeah, we’ll see Classic Sonic again soon—NO! You won’t bring him back in 3D Sega I sw2g!

There must have been something not translating well when it came to content management. But it's actually somethin Hashimoto stated on Unleashed...If you have Sonic, and only Sonic, your game will feel incredibly short. Even if we  forget about the werehog, hub worlds, missions from various people(and venders) including the 22 DLC pack which I'm sure would have been more if the werehog didn't exist.

For some reason, the team after 2008 couldn't make longer levels or more content anymore. Just throw away levels to pad them out...

Just watching the stream again now. Damn it I love the music in Aquatic Road but the stage is SO short and disappointing! 

Thats a word I’ve used a lot today and yesterday. Disappointing. Urgh...

lol dubstep and glowy platforms. Like I’m in a nightclub.

Which day was supposed to be the release date? Mania got leaked too, although it was only three days before release, how was Forces' case?

1 minute ago, Korke said:

Which day was supposed to be the release date? Mania got leaked too, although it was only three days before release, how was Forces' case?

November 7th, little less than 2 weeks