Awoo.

Sonic Forces SPOILER Thread

Ellipsis-Ultima

Just now, Korke said:

Which day was supposed to be the release date? Mania got leaked too, although it was only three days before release, how was Forces' case?

november 7. more then a week from now.

2 minutes ago, Korke said:

Which day was supposed to be the release date? Mania got leaked too, although it was only three days before release, how was Forces' case?

There's 10 days left. It was leaked yesterday I believe, the release date is 7th November.

Edit: Obviously Ninja'd twice.

5 minutes ago, Gabz Girl said:

Shun Nakamura, same writer as Sonic 06 btw. 

I give 06 a pass because Shadow and Silver was decent in the story department.  At least had a beginning build up to the game(was also canned midway into development by Sega so it never got a chance).

This game had four years. Four. 

• Thumbs Up 8

Is supersonic acquirable in this game? I'm not noticing any special stages or ways to unlock him.

Be a dumb move to leave Supersonic out, thought they would've learned that lesson from Unleashed.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, goku262002 said:

Is supersonic acquirable in this game? I'm not noticing any special stages or ways to unlock him.

Be a dumb move to leave Supersonic out, thought they would've learned that lesson from Unleashed.

No sign of him yet, but it could be the reward for all red rings or something.

...did we find out what those moon rings or whatever that the achievements mentioned are?

Story wise, ehhhh...it's alright. My main issue is that it kinda continues the problem of not really elaborating on a few plot lines, though not quite to the extent of Lost World (at least on this first viewing, we'll see when watching the cutscenes again). I don't mind not getting straight up flashbacks to Infinite's origins, but it does bother me how he kinda just exists. Eggman made him and that's that, apparently. Between his theme song's lyrics and the part where Amy describes his "birthplace" as lonely...I dunno, feels like there could have been more there. And what even happened to Eggman post-final boss? He didn't even get in a good ol' "I hate that hedgehog!" or anything.

Other than Infinite, the plot pretty much went exactly the way I thought it would. They kinda played it safe for the most part, and aside from some brief moments here and there the character didn't get much time to shine even in terms of their quirks. Like, it took Amy until the end game to say something about enjoying two Sonics being around, lol.

But hey, I sincerely liked the ending. It was cheesy but I'm into that. :V Surprised and mildly impressed that they avoided the "and then literally everything warped back to normal" cliche that I was honestly expecting to the very end there.

As for everything else, not sure what to say really, especially having not played it myself (obviously).

Let's see, I'm disappointed in the lower number of "Zones," that's for sure. It's hard to tell just from the streams, but the only track I still don't feel at all is GHZ Classic, so that's a relief?? Most of the other Classic stage tracks are either actually pretty good or just too "empty" for me to care either way (i.e. the GHZ Eggman fight, lol). Level design needs more ramps at least, like, damn...Generations threw 'em in here and there, and sure they were scripted / binary but in this particular gameplay style that doesn't bother me much.

Overall it...looks like a very average boost game, one that I actually wanna give a shot at some point. It's disappointing by default, in that I didn't want to go back to boost in the first place--I still want the series to move on and give 3D Sonic a "real" try again, especially after Mania and with how many really amazing games came out this year. But as someone who still enjoys the boost games, everything I saw is about on par with Colours, which isn't a bad thing for me personally. A big step back from Generations for sure, tho'. If they really do intend to stick to boost or in an ideal perfect world make it a side series again, I sure hope at least some of the designers behind Generations are still around but happened to not be put on this, and/or the ones who are around research that game heavily.

Most importantly however, I'm glad crocs are in the game

• Thumbs Up 8

You mean to tell me... that when Sega put out this Press Release about the villains...

New Sonic Forces™ Villain, Infinite, Gets A Mean Music Track and Cutscenes

Burbank, California — July 20, 2017 — Dun Dun Dun... Today, SEGA® released brand new cutscenes from Sonic Forces™ showcasing Sonic’s mysterious new enemy, Infinite, and his villainous arsenal of superpowers. Fans were given a sneak peek at Infinite during E3 in the Sonic Forces trailer here, where he is seen ominously descending from the sky to face Sonic. Adding to his evil appeal, Infinite’s thunderous new anthem was also revealed today to leave Sonic and friends shaking in their high tops. Take a listen here, if you’re feeling brave.

In Sonic Forces, Infinite joins Eggman’s evil group of henchmen, which includes Chaos, Metal Sonic, Shadow and Zavok who have already taken over the world and are ready to create next-level panic and disorder. Study his moves from the cutscenes here, and there may be a way for your to help Sonic save the world from impending doom. He can’t do it without your help!

They were lying? 

• Thumbs Up 3

7 minutes ago, Limit Breaker Diamond said:

Guys. The Resistance got so good they can take over 101%.

They were so successful, the anthro army got cocky and decided to start taking over other planets. First, Sonic's World then..

The Human World..

Next game confirmed: Sonic Forces 2: The Resistance vs GUN

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Chuckle 1

8 minutes ago, Jar Jar Analysis 1138 said:

I give 06 a pass because Shadow and Silver was decent in the story department.  At least had a beginning build up to the game(was also canned midway into development by Sega so it never got a chance).

This game had four years. Four. 

True...Sonic 06 was rushed, yet Sonic Forces took four years. And this is the best they could do? What a shame.

I know we shouldn’t compare Mario and Sonic, but both of their newest releases took four years to make and have been released around the same time this year. Super Mario Odyssey is fantastic, Sonic Forces is meh. 

It is inevitable that critics will compare the two games when they review Sonic Forces.

• Thumbs Up 5

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

They just brought back that badnik that tosses shit at you out of reach from planet wisp.

• Thumbs Up 1

So does classic sonic only have 2 boss fights? And, is there also no sky sanctuary?

Just now, A Zombie KING and 14 other said:

And, is there also no sky sanctuary?

Surprisingly, no Sky Sanctuary.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, A Zombie KING and 14 other said:

So does classic sonic only have 2 boss fights? And, is there also no sky sanctuary?

No Sky Sanctuary.

13 minutes ago, A sonic fan said:

really hope this is like black knight and we have some sort of real ending. because that was not fulfilling at all.

I remember the secret ending fervor for Lost World...

1 minute ago, Razule said:

What if the OC swinging off into the sunset (heights) is supposed to lead into a spin-off..?

Sonic Xenoverse Forces Generations.:lol: I don't know why, but I get the feeling the 30th or 35th anniversary will bring back the avatar feature. Just based on Classic Sonic coming back.

Oh wow they brought back those annoying Lakitu rejects from Sonic Colours! XD The stage looks annoying too for that matter.