Awoo.

Sonic Forces SPOILER Thread

Ellipsis-Ultima

Death Egg at least looks nice, but the Avatar gameplay really shows it in the poorest light lol. Then you switch to Sonic and fight off Zavok riding a giant Buzz Bomber.

In regards to Tails being scared like I said he just saw right in front of him Sonic getting a beat down from the whole villain team and after the 2 month time skip everyone thought he wasn't alive. You can't compare Tails here to the one in Sonic Adventure who even had Sonic with him. 

image.thumb.png.f7c841cefa559a88f0e0732413296ea7.png

• Thumbs Up 5

I-wait no. No!

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I wanted Silver to take on Infinite. It never even crossed my mind Silver could be like a hard counter to Infinite.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh crap. Can I catch this anywhere? I was too busy playing a good game to notice this stream. 

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Chuckle 5

Yeah the story seems to be a mixed bag so far. I love Sonic Team's spirit here, that they're really trying to make this story serious and intense in a good way a la SA2 but it doesn't always seem to work. It probably IS because of the crude jokes and the whole Sonic being tortured Ohhh dark edgy thing. I mean sheesh, some of the other dialogue is fine but don't take it too far! >>

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, SSF1991 said:

Wait.

Wasn't there some kind of "rumor" comment on a Stadium article that mentioned how Tails loses hope following Sonic's defeat? Then he regains hope when Sonic (Classic) shows up?

Because if so, hoo boy did it just get a lot more credibility.

OH

Someone needs to find that post

And here’s another thing that I have gripes with. Why in the hell would Eggman have infinite make an illusion of Metal Sonic? Dude that’s your own freaking robot, especially considering that Metal hasn’t had any loyalty issues since Heroes (no free riders doesn’t count).

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh and they've thus far yet to bother explaining the Wisps' presence. Again.

Or Classic's presence, beyond 'oh hey, you're that Sonic from another dimension!' (actual dialogue)

Christ.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Chuckle 1

Just now, RLS Legacy said:

Or Classic's presence, beyond 'oh hey, you're that Sonic from another dimension!' (actual dialogue)

No, they explained it. But it makes even less sense.

Also, turns out that the villians, such as Shadow and Zavok, may not be real.

21 minutes ago, SonicLegends said:

Well actually if you compare both situations Tails has Sonic with him but after he saw Sonic on the ground like that and he thought (along with the others) thought he wasn't alive. Knuckles even comments on Tails saying he has lost it.

That doesn't change the fact that this is the same guy who stopped a missile from blowing up an entire city by himself and his immediate reaction too seeing Chaos isn't putting up resistance but duck and cover in fear beacuse Sonic isn't there.

I at the very least expected Tails to build up SOME form of confidence after dealing with Chaos before, but guess that isn't the case. I'm saying it isn't justified to have him feel terrified at the fact Sonic should be there, i'm just saying  that Tails should be a littttttttle bit more confident in his abilities.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, StriCNYN3 said:

@SonicLegends Tails doing absolutely nothing before Sonic got there and after just throws away what he had going on in Adventure, though. Remember Tails vs Eggman's Egg Walker? Tails was completely alone and handled the whole situation by himself.

Now, he's scared of the same guy who he whopped before with foderized egg pawns. And then he just hides  behind a rock collecting data while Sonic's getting jumped. He should've said "fuck this" and jumped in. Idk man, this scene just didn't sit right with me.

Sonic's the main character

So tails can't be of use, this is modern sonic story telling. At least they gave shadow the curtesy of removing him from the equation 

Oh that's cute Sega. They put in an actual Snake way.

Next time pull from Yuyu Hakusho guys.

1 minute ago, RLS Legacy said:

Oh and they've thus far yet to bother explaining the Wisps' presence. Again.

Christ.

Well there was an explanation given in Sonic Runners on why the Wisps are still around; they loved Sonic's world so much they decided to stay there! Doesn't explain why they're still in capsules but ehhh it's an item.

Classic Sonic though...uh wow I can't defend that. XD

3 minutes ago, Johnny Boy said:

And here’s another thing that I have gripes with. Why in the hell would Eggman have infinite make an illusion of Metal Sonic? Dude that’s your own freaking robot, especially considering that Metal hasn’t had any loyalty issues since Heroes (no free riders doesn’t count).

Saves money

I mean, why not make illusions of all your best robots. If they serve the same function and can physically  harm however they are attacking, does it matter whether its real or fake. Hell if they get destroyed, no need to be rebuild, just a copy. 

10 minutes ago, SSF1991 said:

Wait.

Wasn't there some kind of "rumor" comment on a Stadium article that mentioned how Tails loses hope following Sonic's defeat? Then he regains hope when Sonic (Classic) shows up?

Because if so, hoo boy did it just get a lot more credibility.

Probably so. At least there's a valid reason for it this time around-- I would be freaked out if I saw my best friend appear to die, and get happy if there's some semblance of him still that was still alive. Tails facing down the Egg Walker came after tons of character development to boost his confidence-- which could all go to crap due to a traumatic event that changed how he viewed Eggman and his own abilities in a way that is not easy to undo.

Though granted, reasons can be a little overrated sometimes. For example I'd prefer to leave it to the imagination how Eggman managed to conquer 99% of the world (especially since it probably wouldn't be pretty, what with tons of people dying a gory, painful death and all that because Eggman is highly reckless in executing his goals. The game is edgy enough, guys.). Classic being there is still BS though. :/

• Thumbs Up 2