Awoo.

Sonic Forces SPOILER Thread

Ellipsis-Ultima

6 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

Didn’t we only see seven, and they said there were ten?

The announcement for Shadow's DLC said something along the lines of playing as him in over 10 of Sonic's stages, I believe. That does not mean 10 zones. If the list I'm looking at is accurate, counting bosses, Modern Sonic has 9 story levels. Add in the couple of optional levels and that's easily enough to match what they advertised.

• Thumbs Up 2

This game was definetly rushed. The story goes too fast after the second half.

You don't even fight Chaos and Shadow.

• Thumbs Up 3

Cheap as hell, it’s just the Nega Wisp from Sonic Colours. -___-

The music is great though! Damn it shouldn’t sound this good!

5 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

The announcement for Shadow's DLC said something along the lines of playing as him in over 10 of Sonic's stages, I believe. That does not mean 10 zones. If the list I'm looking at is accurate, counting bosses, Modern Sonic has 9 story levels. Add in the couple of optional levels and that's easily enough to match what they advertised.

I personally do discount bosses and optional levels.

Just now, Miragnarok said:

I personally do discount bosses and optional levels.

What you personally discount doesn't actually matter in this case. If Sonic Team counts them, then they count, as far as fulfilling whatever promises they've made.

• Thumbs Up 3

10 minutes ago, Razule said:

It's already being called that now. Saw someone in the stream say Mania is "overrated" while Forces is "overhated".

There's people hailing it as the right direction for Modern Sonic and that Sega is back on track, and people who see it as bordering on an RoL level disaster. It's just.. a very mixed game.

Fan community's going to get hectic when reviews come out. 

For the first time, it's both. It's over hated to a degree where the good points are being ignored and over loved where all criticism can't be applied(I.e Reddit Sonic kappa).

But people here have the right idea..Its a safe average/or below average title. Nothing to offend everyone so far where it's like ROL and nothing to see as amazing. 

I'd admit that lost world despite its lack of identity, was less average than this.

Oh, Mania is overrated. Don't get me wrong, I love the game and I'm glad it brought people to a happy state...But this is seen as the best or "next real Sonic game. Wonderfully, even whole heartedly made but it's an anniversary title lol. I don't count those unless they actually advance the series, not re-state where it was 22 years ago.

• Thumbs Up 1

Why did they name it Death Egg Robot? It looks nothing like it.

If I were to name it, it would be ''Phantom Egg'' or ''Egg Destroyer'' or sometihng like that.

• Thumbs Up 4

2 minutes ago, Limit Breaker Diamond said:

If I were to name it, it would be ''Phantom Egg'' or ''Egg Destroyer'' or sometihng like that.

Because Sonic Team really didn't try with names this time around.

• Thumbs Up 6
  • Chuckle 1

4 minutes ago, Limit Breaker Diamond said:

Because Death Lyric Egg Robot would be a mouthful

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Chuckle 5

5 minutes ago, Psychicmoose103 said:

Fucking "City Zone" still gets me

Don’t forget Metropolis. Just...Metropolis, and it’s not even the same one from Sonic 2.

And why is Infinite so big in this Boss battle? Can we now add the ability to grow size to his list of powers? 

• Thumbs Up 6
  • Chuckle 1

Just now, Super Mechanio said:

Better level design, expanding Sonic's moveset with the drop dash, more creative and engaging bosses.

How is this not "advancing" the 2D series?

(Sonic's moveset was expanded in the advance series already GREATLY. Going to have to do more than just a single new move for one character).

It doesn't do a whole lot if this is seen as the next mainline 2D title as many folks are stating. There is a set standard to be had and Mania doesn't fit that standard to be apart of the next installment in my perspective. After 23 or so years after Sonic 3 & K...And a reuse of 60-70% Level content? 

I see this as a proof of concept. A damn good one. One of the finest I've seen in many years.

I'm not trying to go off topic and criticize Mania(I have a lot for it) but I just see it as a great anniversary title that was made by the fans, for the fans.

I'll wait until Taxman shows me his next project to show me the "REAL" 16 bit sequel. This isn't even the full potential of what this man can do...

• Thumbs Up 4

Just now, Jar Jar Analysis 1138 said:

(Sonic's moveset was expanded in the advance series already GREATLY. Going to have to do more than just a single new move for one character).

It doesn't do a whole lot if this is seen as the next mainline 2D title as many folks are stating. There is a set standard to be had and Mania doesn't fit that standard to be apart of the next installment in my perspective. After 23 or so years after Sonic 3 & K...And a reuse of 60-70% Level content? 

I see this as a proof of concept. A damn good one. One of the finest I've seen in many years.

I'm not trying to go off topic and criticize Mania(I have a lot for it) but I just see it as a great anniversary title that was made by the fans, for the fans.

I'll wait until Taxman shows me his next project to show me the "REAL" 16 bit sequel. This isn't even the full potential of what this man can do...

The Dimps games weren't that good though.

Like, they weren't awful, but the physics were completely janked up and rolling - the thing Sonic was originally defined by - was nearly useless.

• Thumbs Up 2

So how does it feel knowing Sonic Team created someone that was even lamer then the Deadly 6?

3 minutes ago, Gabz Girl said:

Don’t forget Metropolis. Just...Metropolis, and it’s not even the same one from Sonic 2.

And why is Infinite so big in this Boss battle? Can we now add the ability to grow size to his list of abilities? 

No, it's because Sonic Team got lazy and reskinned metal Sonic with Infinite. They couldn't even figure out a proper ending battle with Infinite

The names are very strange because like...the "Acts" get appropriate titles, but then the "Zone" names have a few lazy ones--all the new locations but one, even! You go from GREEN HILL: LOST VALLEY to CHEMICAL PLANT: SPACEPORT to City: GHOST TOWN.

It's not a big deal in the grand scheme of things...except when it comes to the Eggman bosses. I could take Egg Dragoon, but at least name the first phase Egg Saw or something, I dunno it doesn't have to be the most clever name ever, just...not "Eggman". And then it happens again with the final boss just taking the name Death Egg Robot even though the Death Egg wasn't involved in that particular scenario at all???

• Thumbs Up 3

1 minute ago, Night on Balding Mountain said:

So how does it feel knowing Sonic Team created someone that was even lamer then the Deadly 6?

I'm not sure how lamer/lame I could say since there are still a few things I like about him, but I really did like how much smack talk Sonic and Infinite had towards each other.

2 minutes ago, Limit Breaker Diamond said:

THERE'S NO SUPER SONIC?!

Not unless red rings unlock it like in Sonic Colors.

• Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, Limit Breaker Diamond said:

This game was definetly rushed. The story goes too fast after the second half.

You don't even fight Chaos and Shadow.

That bothered me too with there not being fights from them. I wonder if Shadow dlc will have those fights though, but I doubt it.

• Thumbs Up 1