Awoo.

Sonic Forces SPOILER Thread

Ellipsis-Ultima

5 minutes ago, Jar Jar Analysis 1138 said:

(Sonic's moveset was expanded in the advance series already GREATLY. Going to have to do more than just a single new move for one character).

It doesn't do a whole lot if this is seen as the next mainline 2D title as many folks are stating. There is a set standard to be had and Mania doesn't fit that standard to be apart of the next installment in my perspective. After 23 or so years after Sonic 3 & K...And a reuse of 60-70% Level content? 

I see this as a proof of concept. A damn good one. One of the finest I've seen in many years.

I'm not trying to go off topic and criticize Mania(I have a lot for it) but I just see it as a great anniversary title that was made by the fans, for the fans.

I'll wait until Taxman shows me his next project to show me the "REAL" 16 bit sequel. This isn't even the full potential of what this man can do...

Hm... as I see it... reused things were: main route in Green Hill 1, half of the main route in Green Hill 2, Chemical Plant 1, Flying Battery 1, Hydrocity 2 (after 25% of the stage), Oil Ocean 1, Lava Reef 1 and 2 (sort of)... basically 8 out of 16 acts had reused content, but not full stage. That´s 60% ? 

1 minute ago, Super Mechanio said:

The Dimps games weren't that good though.

Like, they weren't awful, but the physics were completely janked up and rolling - the thing Sonic was originally defined by - was nearly useless.

I didn't say anything about the content OF Dimp's advance series when it came to levels or physics. I said the movesets were expanded on already for Sonic(air dash, double jump air dash, boost mode etc). Not to say they have to copy them..Just that one of his 2D titles gave him a lot to work with.

As for the rolling part, that is natural(he still uses it a lot in the advance games bruh). When you give a character more to work with, some of their old methods might diminish because of it(whenever Sonic would get an Air dash in Sonic 3, I can tell you right now that I barley used the spin dash).

Argument for another thread...

2 minutes ago, SonicLegends said:

Not unless red rings unlock it like in Sonic Colors.

The streamer says it's not gonna unlock it.

3 minutes ago, Limit Breaker Diamond said:

The streamer says it's not gonna unlock it.

Eh? What're they basing that on?

• Thumbs Up 1

Not fighting Shadow and Chaos is some of the most bullshit false-advertising I've ever seen in a Sonic game. 

• Thumbs Up 9

3 minutes ago, McGroose said:

Not fighting Shadow and Chaos is some of the most bullshit false-advertising I've ever seen in a Sonic game. 

Buy the DLC and you can fight them. And you will because all Sonic fans are the same, slaves to their nostalgia.

caf3d0dbcdf9822a39dd65a60cb0971f.jpg

Spoiler

The current attitude of Sonic Team

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm just going to get the game off gamefly and then I'll decide if I want to buy it or not the extra bonus content isn't worth it. I for sure see it being better than Lost World, but I don't want to make the same mistake like I did before in buying that game. 

I know a lot of people are going to disagree (especially on this board), but honestly this game wasn't as bad as you guys WANT it to be. A solid 7/10.

It's not as good as Generations gameplay-wise, but it's around the same tier as Sonic Colors. So, if you enjoy that game, you should get enjoyment this. However, unlike Generations, the Classic levels are the most-well designed out of the 3. Script and characterization-wise (sans Tails) I thought it was interesting.

I see this game getting mostly average to positive reception from fans and critics (in fact, it already is based on the reception of the leaks).

• Nice Smile 1

1 minute ago, Razule said:

DLC's free

Wait all of it? I thought there would be more other then the Shadow DLC

1 minute ago, Night on Balding Mountain said:

I thought they said something about not having plans to provide further DLC for it.

Just now, Night on Balding Mountain said:

The other content to the bonus edition is just the extra avatar costumes.

1 minute ago, Razule said:

I thought they said something about not having plans to provide further DLC for it.

Huh. Where did I pick that up from?

Edit. @SonicLegends Wow, that's all?

4 minutes ago, Razule said:

DLC's free

Your valuable time is not free. I recommend spending it on something more fun.

Like a root canal.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Chuckle 1

2 minutes ago, Night on Balding Mountain said:

Huh. Where did I pick that up from?

Ah found it!

You have already announced a couple of different DLC packs (Sega/Atlus pack and Episode Shadow). Do you plan on supporting Sonic Forces long-term through DLC? Will we see actual story content added DLC beyond Episode Shadow?

There is really no long-term plans to continue releasing content to support Forces, but we created Episode Shadow [and the Sega/Atlus pack] for everyone to play and enjoy. We’re trying to get as much content out there for people to jump right into the game and play.  

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2017/10/05/sonic-forces-producer-discusses-changes-to-ring-system-and-darker-world.aspx

• Thumbs Up 2

If Forces was to get a sequel, with only Sonic and Shadow and better gameplay would you like it?

(Sequel as in Infinite is till alive. He doesn't really die.)

Is there missing content in this game? Did you have to play this game in a very specific way? Where are these medals I've been hearing about? Green Rings are missing? Was shit cut out from the Switch version? What is going on here?

I was anticipating the story because of how much of a glorious mess it would be, but even Sega failed to properly capitalize on that. They could have done so much more with what we were teased with. 

• Thumbs Up 2

i'm avoiding most later-half spoilers and all, but i came here just to say how much Egg Gate is incredible

that's it

now to avoid forces news for two weeks....

The metropolis stage reminds me of that city in sonic after the sequel.

4 minutes ago, Limit Breaker Diamond said:

If Forces was to get a sequel, with only Sonic and Shadow and better gameplay would you like it?

The thing about Infinite... Izuka freaking said before he was Infinite BEFORE he was evil he was like Sonic and co. From what I've seen he absolutely lied and even with the whole "Shadow fighting for his own reasons" bit too.

I mean shesh I like the story still as a step up over the previous games, but the possible potential was lost.

• Thumbs Up 8

2 minutes ago, Razule said:

That very well could be it.

3 minutes ago, Limit Breaker Diamond said:

With the current director, writers, and development staff that gave us oh so many dashpannel hallways? No.

2 minutes ago, McGroose said:

Is there missing content in this game? Did you have to play this game in a very specific way? Where are these medals I've been hearing about? Green Rings are missing? Was shit cut out from the Switch version? What is going on here?

Not just the Switch version. A person I know that got PS4 version hasn't seen neither green rings, nor Silver Moon medals.

That's why I said "smells like day one patch"

• Thumbs Up 4