Awoo.

Sonic Forces SPOILER Thread

Ellipsis-Ultima

Listening to the credits music now. I really like this song, the one that sounds like it’s sung by Rihanna. It’s so sweet. <3

Still a bit mixed on Fist Bump, think I prefer the instrumental version. 

4 minutes ago, Bobnik said:

Not just the Switch version. A person I know that got PS4 version hasn't seen neither green rings, nor Silver Moon medals.

That's why I said "smells like day one patch"

If we're getting a day one patch of this magnitude, that's pretty fucking pathetic. That's a lot of missing content since I'm assuming we're getting some missing story content also.

I'm hoping that the red rings unlock a secret special boss, something to make up for that... strange... lack of ending and that awkward ass Kung-Fu pose from the Avatar in the results screen.

• Thumbs Up 4

12 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

The illusion villains are possibly the biggest missed opportunity in the game. Zavok somehow manages to be the best of them just by taunting Sonic a bit and actually having a boss fight. Metal's basically just filler, an out-of-nowhere fight without any kind of consequence or purpose. And then Chaos and Shadow do absolutely nothing.

The most hated of the villian characters geets the best showing. Amazing..

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Chuckle 7

Okay wait a moment...

"Although he is evil, he is not created from an abrupt incident like Chaos, but he is instead an animal character just like Sonic & the others. If you play the free DLC of Shadow’s story, you’ll get to understand why he obtains a powerful strength and becomes evil."

So this means they left Infinite's backstory in Shadow's dlc. :/

Heck you would think if that's case then doesn't Shadow know of Infinite's creation and why didn't he bother to bring it up?

• Thumbs Up 3

17 minutes ago, ShadowSJG said:

So does Shadow only have one line in this game or something?

He has some lines I believe on the world map. It also sounds like a big chunk of the backstory, including Infinite's true origins, are tied to his DLC, so I guess most of his lines and actions were reserved for the DLC.

The ending was actually kind of sweet, and we got to see the characters who were there kicking some rear. It reminded me a little of countdown to destruction. Now to wait for the Expansion Pack...

Just seeing some of the cut scenes, this game from a story perspective had SO much potential, but definitely fell short. I almost want to re-write it and make it better dammit.

And my favorite character, Tails, they totally ruined him in this game from what I've seen.

At least Sonic's characterization is pretty decent. And I enjoy seeing a competent Knuckles again.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Jetronic said:

When it comes to Sonic, boredom = torture.

Hide contents

and that's about as light as I can make that

I can beat that.

Listening to this on endless repeat while dangling a fresh Chili dog always out of reach.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1

For the record theres no actual scene of SOnic being torutured, at worse hes bored in handcuffs. So I dont really care bout the line that much

Sonic loves to run, never stay in one place for too long, and see new sights and meet new people with his friends. Being confined to a cell, unable to run, cut off from his friends, only surrounded by enemies, and forced to watch Eggman destroy the world he spent most of his life defending is very much torture. So I think that line fits without being what people automatically imagine. There is absolutely no indication of any type of physical torture being done to Sonic in the game.

• Thumbs Up 1

This game takes a shit on the saying  "show, don't tell". There's no substance to any of this shitty story, which is probably it's biggest flaw in my eyes. If you're going all out and choose to make your story a clusterfuck, then do so in a way that covers everything, not just briefly skims over everything.

• Thumbs Up 8

1 minute ago, Celestia said:

I mean, if anything that makes the line stupider.

Yeah, that's the part that I don't like. They want to make it all dramatic, but the very next scene Sonic is in has him perfectly fine and immediately ready to snark at Zavok.