Awoo.

Sonic Forces SPOILER Thread

Ellipsis-Ultima

38 minutes ago, nilesdobbs said:

I know a lot of people are going to disagree (especially on this board), but honestly this game wasn't as bad as you guys WANT it to be. A solid 7/10.

It's not as good as Generations gameplay-wise, but it's around the same tier as Sonic Colors. So, if you enjoy that game, you should get enjoyment this. However, unlike Generations, the Classic levels are the most-well designed out of the 3. Script and characterization-wise (sans Tails) I thought it was interesting.

I see this game getting mostly average to positive reception from fans and critics (in fact, it already is based on the reception of the leaks).

What scores? 70-80?

Just now, Limit Breaker Diamond said:

How old is Classic again?

Also, Sonic saying "Long time, no see" is actually quite refreshing to hear after so long.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, StaticMania said:

Also, Sonic saying "Long time, no see" is actually quite refreshing to hear after so long.

Wait, he said that? Ah..

when-you-find-something-that-will-make-a

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, Waveshocker Sigma said:

Same age as Modern. They're both 15.

Really strange when you consider that Infinite said that Sonic has been defeating Eggman for "decades". 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Chuckle 1

Never thought I'd be back. But my rule of at least enjoy some part of this franchise to be part of a message board, rather than drown in complete negativity is broken. Unfortunately that's for Sonic Mania only...and not this game....even if there is some things I can dig at least in concept.

NO WAY

NO

WAY

Alright there is no way the Avatar was anything but Boom Sonic at the start of development

You can't

It's

It's way too on-the-nose for it not to be

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Chuckle 1

2 minutes ago, The Deleter said:

NO WAY

NO

WAY

Alright there is no way the Avatar was anything but Boom Sonic at the start of development

You can't

It's

*coughs*

7 minutes ago, McGroose said:

Really strange when you consider that Infinite said that Sonic has been defeating Eggman for "decades". 

And the rookie in the comic saying Sonic and friends have been going on adventures for his whole life.

The only other option is that Sonic is in his 40s now 

He sounds like it, but he really shouldn't be

4 minutes ago, The Deleter said:

NO WAY

NO

WAY

You can't

It's

Honestly, if  it were to be good, I would've liked Boom Sonic to be here. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Well yeah especially because guess what we got for avatar clothes? We got Sonic shoes, Boom sports tape and then likely a scarf that's brown in the game too while we're at it which is going to happen.

• Thumbs Up 2

At least the final boss theme was a joy to listen too, especially after the disappointments of the Time Eater and lost world final boss themes. Though I wish it was orchestral version of fist bump. That would’ve been beyond epic.

Can't imagine how much more obnoxious and shitty the writing would have been with Boom Sonic. (Though it would have likely had more 4th wall breaking and refrences)

Also can't imagine any levels from Boom making it in either 

Just now, Johnny Boy said:

At least the final boss theme was a joy to listen too, especially after the disappointments of the Time Eater and lost world final boss themes. Though I wish it was orchestral version of fist bump. That would’ve been beyond epic.

Another reason why I think there’s three more levels to worry about for a postgame. (Or even a disc-locked content deal of some kind).

32 minutes ago, Tornado said:

Defend it then. Don't dismiss it, because I can fucking guarantee you that it isn't going to be ignored. Don't come up with some candy ass application of the term to justify why it might fit.

Defend it

I just.... don't see the big deal. Yeah it's a dumb line trying to come across as edge-y but it's nothing to get angered over. 

I don't understand why people were crying about Tails saying "Tru dat" like yes it's cringe but I think if there is one line that pissed me off it was this with the plot of where the Phantom Ruby prototypes with the avatar using them.

"Your courage and heroism are probably what triggered it."

Courage...

Heroism...

Are you serious? Not that maybe the avatar and Infinite are related in some way as Eggman mentions DNA earlier? Or heck I would have gladly just taken the avatar pulling a Sonic using a fake chaos emerald like he did in SA2. But this right is here is what I call a Gary Sue way of explaining it.

• Thumbs Up 2