Awoo.

Sonic Forces SPOILER Thread

Ellipsis-Ultima

7 minutes ago, theofficefan99 said:

It's low-budget when compared to previous Sonic games. Look at Unleashed and tell me that didn't have a much higher budget.

Sonic games from ST typically have the same budget.

Doesn't mean the funds went to into making the actual game. But odds are the budget was around the same.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, DabigRG said:

Uh, you do realize they had played them in multiple games before Boom was announced, right?

The last one I remember was Generations. Perhaps it's the tone of voice she was directed to do? In Unleashed, she was more high pitched.

And the games before...Even more high pitched.

Still..The way they act, sound is bland.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Meta77 said:

I agree on this. i miss the big feels sa 1 and 2 had back when the dreaamcast  was around and sega acted like they wanted to go big with their games. Sonic 06 honestly for as bad as it was was the last "big" game it feels like sega tried and are now to scared to go big again for fear of a massive fail and instead settle on a smaller take.

I´m happy that we agreed on something. I haven´t really played SA1 or SA2 yet. But up to 06 (including) Sonic Team build "big" games that focused on platforming, despite being linear. Colors and Forces "quick step" things that are visible in many areas are inherently not good for platformers. It´s essentially a reuse of Heroes´ bobsled/trolley in super hard mode.

1 minute ago, Mayor D said:

Sonic games from ST typically have the same budget.

Doesn't mean the funds went to into making the actual game. But odds are the budget was around the same.

Budget probably went all into the visuals and marketing...

Probably something else though...

14 minutes ago, doctorbenMD said:

So, no Crush 40 at all, then? The best we can hope for are covered tracks on the vocal CD?

Or stuff only in the last three levels?

Just now, Jar Jar Analysis 1138 said:

Probably something else though...

Game engine.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Mayor D said:

Game engine.

1) Game engine

2) Visuals

3) Story

and the rest... Gameplay.

That´s how the game feels.

8 minutes ago, Jar Jar Analysis 1138 said:

The last one I remember was Generations. Perhaps it's the tone of voice she was directed to do? In Unleashed, she was more high pitched.

And the games before...Even more high pitched.

Still..The way they act, sound is bland.

Amy's Current voice actress shouldn't be high pitched, lest we return to Free Riders.

I watched all of the cutscenes and I really have a feeling that almost half of the characters you could write out of the story and nothing would change. The worst character that falls into this would be classic Sonic. He seems to have barley anything to do in the story and feels more like an afterthought. Same I could say about Shadow, Rouge, Chaos, Team Chaotix, Silver, Amy and to some stands also Orbot, Cubot and Knuckles. Even thought they at least had something to do in the story. Even if it wasn't much.

At least Zavok and Metal-Sonic had a boss fight.

So far the only characters that seemed important enough for the story are actually only Modern Sonic, Tails, Eggman, the Avatar and Infinite.

• Thumbs Up 7

5 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

I agree on this. i miss the big feels sa 1 and 2 had back when the dreaamcast  was around and sega acted like they wanted to go big with their games. Sonic 06 honestly for as bad as it was was the last "big" game it feels like sega tried and are now to scared to go big again for fear of a massive fail and instead settle on a smaller take.

Hm? Unleashed, Generations and Sonic Mania felt pretty big in terms of new things we were getting to see. Far in-between but that is what I feel.

1 minute ago, Jar Jar Analysis 1138 said:

Hm? Unleashed, Generations and Sonic Mania felt pretty big in terms of new things we were getting to see. Far in-between but that is what I feel.

Unleashed was done more cautiously I would say. I can agree with Gens and Mania. But they were both intended as anniversary titles plus Mania wasn´t done by Sonic Team, so they were ambitious in a way and it paid off.

I don't hate this game, still looking forward to it but I am really disappointed  that Shadow and Chaos are wasted. No boss fights after all that hype and we have taglines such as 'Shadow fights for his own reasons.' Sega lied to us. 

• Thumbs Up 2

40 minutes ago, Zippo said:

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/6774-sonic-forces

It's not over yet.

Remember, he hasn't collected all of the red rings, and we haven't even  seen what these "EX stages" or these "Silver moon rings" are yet.

Super Sonic is probably connected to the red rings, there's exactly seven zones, so it's probably going to be like Colors and Lost World, where getting all of the red rings in a world gets you a chaos emerald.

Purportedly, there’s three more zones on top of all that.

Just now, Miragnarok said:

Purportedly, there’s three more zones on top of all that.

It's not going to happen no matter how many times you say it.

Just now, Diogenes said:

It's not going to happen no matter how many times you say it.

I don’t care. 

8 hours ago, Indigo Rush said:

y4QpRmH.png

Can we just talk about how bad infinite's character design is here?

You know when you're a kid and you play with action figures or Lego? And you take the head off one figure and put it on another. 

It fits on but looks goofy and out of place?

Infinite.

Even the chest ruby brick whatever it is looks like it belongs on someone else.

• Thumbs Up 7

6 minutes ago, superman43 said:

Unleashed was done more cautiously I would say.

They added a sluggish werewolf gow clone. That's not exactly playing it safe

1 minute ago, ShadowSJG said:

I don't hate this game, still looking forward to it but I am really disappointed  that Shadow and Chaos are wasted. No boss fights after all that hype and we have taglines such as 'Shadow fights for his own reasons.' Sega lied to us. 

agreed i genuinely thought that infinite manipulated shadow into joining him and we would have a good story about sonic beating his past enemies and trying to convince shadow to come back. instead they were all just illusions genuinely feels like they tricked us.

2 minutes ago, ShadowSJG said:

You mean Sonic Team.

• Thumbs Up 1

I feel like the game could have been just that little bit better if it had Adventure fields instead of just a generic world map that shows you things from a distant, detached perspective. It would have made the worldwide cataclysmic destruction seem more immersive and real to your character if you could walk through it in your journeys from place to place.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, KHCast said:

They added a sluggish werewolf gow clone. That's not exactly playing it safe

Yes, but that´s the main thing, isn´t it ? Other than that it´s pretty safe.