Awoo.

Sonic Forces SPOILER Thread

Ellipsis-Ultima

I have a better idea. Phantom ruby can make illusions right?  Why not have infinite have Chaos join him by promising to restore the Chao he used to protect or something on the shrine. Or with Zavok, maybe trick him as showing/promising  a world where he rules and Eggman is a just a stepping stone. Shadow...not so sure..

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, A sonic fan said:

I'm curious  as to what type of reviews this game will get, probably 7s and 8s.

Probably lower than rise of Lyric, even.

Just now, ShadowSJG said:

I have a better idea. Phantom ruby can make illusions right?  Why not have infinite have Chaos join him by promising to restore the Chao he used to protect or something on the shrine. Or with Zavok, maybe trick him as showing/promising  a world where he rules and Eggman is a just a stepping stone. Shadow...not so sure..

Infinite Dressed as Maria convincing him it's what she wants? :P

Just now, KHCast said:

@superman43 New characters, story heavy, challenging extra missions, DLC, etc, are we really trying to say it's playing it safe in the same vein as colors lol?

I haven´t said they are playing it safe. They just went not into as much risk as ambitious 06 disaster. ;) 

Just now, Miragnarok said:

Probably lower than rise of Lyric, even.

doubt it this game imo is the epitome of playing it safe. imo it will be similar to lost world at worse.

1 minute ago, ShadowSJG said:

Shadow's kinda over maria now though.  I dunno, Omega being hostage.

For Chaos, he could probably use Tikal as a hostage. 

Guys. We always fall for that trick. They hyping us up with popular characters like Shadow or Chaos, to catch our interest for this game, only that in the end we find out that their have really nothing to do with the story and are pretty much just fanservice decoration.  

• Thumbs Up 7

so has all footage so far been just switch versions? as im getting it on xb1x its said to be the fastest running and highest graphic quality version. not that it really matters in the long run.

1 minute ago, Meta77 said:

so has all footage so far been just switch versions? as im getting it on xb1x its said to be the fastest running and highest graphic quality version. not that it really matters in the long run.

All footage we've seen has been for the Switch version.

Just now, Indigo Rush said:

All footage we've seen has been for the Switch version.

Thanks. for a switch version it actually runs half decent though this is far from a graphical powerhouse at all.

1 minute ago, superman43 said:

Unleashed was done more cautiously I would say. I can agree with Gens and Mania. But they were both intended as anniversary titles plus Mania wasn´t done by Sonic Team, so they were ambitious in a way and it paid off.

"Cautiously" has a bit of an application to most of the Sonic games(especially the classics) when you think about it.  

Though you seem to be one to something...If you don't mind, I'm going to expand a bit on what I meant so it doesn't seem I'm disagreeing  with you fully.

Unleashed in a way, is an amalgamation of everything Sonic.  It brings various elements from all Sonic games, attempts to appeal to fanbase and bring them together for a good cause. How it was done kept the fans in mind from what they liked in each iteration. The fast action/high speed racing style from SA2, the more open areas, exploration, the alternative gameplay style(less forced and more like SA1) and hub worlds from SA1(with some added 3D areas and power ups into the mix), 2-dimensional perspective gameplay with a good emphasis on platforming from the classics.

The only thing that Hashimoto KNEW was a risk was the werehog. And that was more so because Sonic turned into a werehog, not the concept itself(the fanbase seemed to always defend SA1 and SA2 for somewhat unfinished alternative gameplay styles).

But they were both intended as anniversary titles plus Mania wasn´t done by Sonic Team, so they were ambitious in a way and it paid off.

True. Though, we'd hadn't seen Classic sonic in 3D nor on console for a very long time. I wasn't meaning "ambitious" so to speak. More so the grandiose aspects of the games and the feelings behind them. Agreed much on the anniversary titles. Still, it felt like there was some advancement in the series.

• Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, Jetronic said:

Master of puns, thy name is Sonic the Hedgehog

Reveal hidden contents

LjKOM6I.png

Ok I don't care who you are that is amazing. Well done Pontaff or Ian Flynn (If this is the game he script doctored) or whoever wrote this.

5 minutes ago, Swing said:

Guys. We always fall for that trick. They hyping us up with popular characters like Shadow or Chaos, to catch our interest for this game, only that in the end we find out that their have really nothing to do with the story are pretty much just fanservice decoration.  

There are presumably three more levels in the post game. 

Just now, Miragnarok said:

There are presumably three more levels in the post game. 

Actual levels or just EX/Special stages?

Just now, Limit Breaker Diamond said:

No, seriously, who repaired him?! Tails is the smartest in the group and he couldn't.

Plothole already?

It'll probably be explained in Shadow's DLC.

1 hour ago, KHCast said:

heres a stream that had the final areas starting with the last Infinite boss , cutscenes and all

Fucking auto scrolling? In my Sonic game!?

2 minutes ago, Jar Jar Analysis 1138 said:

"Cautiously" has a bit of an application to most of the Sonic games(especially the classics) when you think about it.  

Though you seem to be one to something...If you don't mind, I'm going to expand a bit on what I meant so it doesn't seem I'm disagreeing  with you fully.

Unleashed in a way, is an amalgamation of everything Sonic.  It brings various elements from all Sonic games, attempts to appeal to fanbase and bring them together for a good cause. How it was done kept the fans in mind from what they liked in each iteration. The fast action/high speed racing style from SA2, the more open areas, exploration, the alternative gameplay style(less forced and more like SA1) and hub worlds from SA1(with some added 3D areas and power ups into the mix), 2-dimensional perspective gameplay with a good emphasis on platforming from the classics.

The only thing that Hashimoto KNEW was a risk was the werehog. And that was more so because Sonic turned into a werehog, not the concept itself(the fanbase seemed to always defend SA1 and SA2 for somewhat unfinished alternative gameplay styles).

True. Though, we'd hadn't seen Classic sonic in 3D nor on console for a very long time. I wasn't meaning "ambitious" so to speak. More so the grandiose aspects of the games and the feelings behind them. Agreed much on the anniversary titles. Still, it felt like there was some advancement in the series .

Let me correct yourself, it felt like quite a big step forward in the series. Mania did something exceptional. Whilst having some layouts (or even parts of the stage) rehashed, it felt cohesive and not a classic ripoff.

• Thumbs Up 3

1 minute ago, Limit Breaker Diamond said:

Actual levels or just EX/Special stages?

Real levels. So actually nine more individual stages in three more general areas. The Tails vs. Chaos storyboard provides more evidence.