Awoo.

Sonic Forces SPOILER Thread

Ellipsis-Ultima

1 minute ago, Diogenes said:

It'll probably be explained in Shadow's DLC.

But it's a prequel.

Just now, Miragnarok said:

Real levels. So actually nine more individual stages in three more general areas. The Tails vs. Chaos storyboard provides more evidence.

Do you actually know that or is it just speculation?

1 minute ago, superman43 said:

Let me correct yourself, it felt like quite a big step forward in the series. Mania did something exceptional. Whilst having some layouts (or even parts of the stage) rehashed, it felt cohesive and not a classic ripoff.

I agree. Unlike Sonic 4 Episodes(which felt like competent fan games) Mania was not phoned in and it WAS a fan game.

8 minutes ago, Limit Breaker Diamond said:

No, seriously, who repaired him?! Tails is the smartest in the group and he couldn't.

Plothole already?

Plot holes about Infinite, too. After all this shroud of mystery is developed surrounding him, it is utterly extinguished as we never end up seeing his face or really getting to know him. Following his final boss, he just fades into nothingness and his projection source dims which is a weak ending for what was a serious foe. There was major potential wasted in his demise.

49 minutes ago, Limit Breaker Diamond said:

But it's a prequel.

Sega did say Modern had ten stages. There’s also a bit of promotional material not seen in the game, like that aformentioned storyboard. Someone mentioned that Seaside Hill appears in the game.

Just now, Limit Breaker Diamond said:

But it's a prequel.

It starts that way, at least, but the whole point of it is to save his bestest buddy Omega, right? And we know that doesn't happen until sometime during the game.

It's desperation more than speculation. There's no evidence at all that there's any more zones.

• Thumbs Up 4

Just now, Miragnarok said:

Sega did say Modern had ten stages. There’s also a bit of promotional material not seen in the game, like that aformentioned storyboard.

Wait, How many does he have?

Im just happy Soinc's chaaracter can walk away with an W on this game, after his muddy portrayl in SLW im glad he has a good balance, of jokes, action, seriousness etc. Shame that willprobably be gone next game because consistency doesnt exist in this franchise

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Limit Breaker Diamond said:

Wait, How many does he have?

Seven. Sega states there are ten. 

Just now, Jar Jar Analysis 1138 said:

I agree. Unlike Sonic 4 Episodes(which felt like competent fan games) Mania was not phoned in and it WAS a fan game.

Plus it really did good to the character´s personalities despite them having no lines as in classics.

Like Eggman is true to his character, possibly even more than in the 1991-1994/5 itself.

Tails, whilst possessing the same cutesy, his sprites (running, flying) look really cool and make him look more self-conscious then the original ones.

Sonic´s sprites maybe add some not really necessary cutesy. And Knuckles is spot on. Not to mention HBH. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Considering ''Shadow fights for a reason'', ''Infinite was an animal'', I'm not sure if I want to belive that...

Just now, Swing said:

I don't get it. What has DK to do with Sonic Forces? 

He helped Omega in an Olympics game.

Just now, Swing said:

I don't get it. What has DK to do with Sonic Forces? 

He helped Omega in an Olympics game.

Also, Dankey Kang

Just now, Swing said:

Okay, sorry I never played any of the Olympic games.

It honestly makes more sense than ''Omega just works now.''

• Chuckle 3

7 minutes ago, Super Mechanio said:

HE'S THE LEADER OF THE BUNCH

YOU KNOW HIM WELL

HE FIXES ROBOTS

UNLIKE TAILS

B4GPIRHCYAEC7PP.png

It's worse than I thought! It's the automation you've got!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 7

Just now, Super Mechanio said:

Just a running gag, based on the amusing fact that boy-genius Tails couldn't do what a literal ape did.

8GshFY9.png

Donkey Kong is both smarter and FAR more useful than Tails is. Like that's a compliment anymore.

4 minutes ago, Limit Breaker Diamond said:

It honestly makes more sense than ''Omega just works now.''

Well, wasn't Sonic Forces once codenamed or had the developing title Sonic Resistance--an obvious Star Wars sequel trilogy reference? Maybe he deactivated himself like R2-D2 and just unexplainably turns himself on at the right moment?

• Thumbs Up 3

2 minutes ago, hifihedgehog said:

Well, wasn't Sonic Forces once codenamed or had the developing title Sonic Resistance--an obvious Star Wars sequel trilogy reference? Maybe he deactivated himself like R2-D2 and just unexplainably turns himself on at the right moment?

Nope. That's just the way us called it until we got an official name.

12 minutes ago, Limit Breaker Diamond said:

Nope. That's just the way us called it until we got an official name.

I am not too sure about that as there are way too many The Force Awakens parallels going on here. We have an antagonist Infinite hiding behind a mask (like Kylo Ren), Sonic goes missing (like Luke Skywalker), an otherwise nobody of an Avatar who demonstrates powers when first encountering the Phantom Ruby prototype (like Rey when she first touched Anakin's lightsaber), and the power of a virtualized sun comes close to burning the remaining Resistance to a crisp (like the Starkiller Base which harnessed the power of the sun to destroy entire star systems).

You know, the dialogue here isn't much better than it was in Colors, Generations, and Lost World. Kinda defeats the point of having a "more serious" story. Yeah, I'm all around disappointed. And really? No Super Sonic at the end? The phantom ruby is supposed to be some super big deal, and it's brought down with the power of friendship. Fuck that shit. 

• Thumbs Up 6