Awoo.

Sonic Forces SPOILER Thread

Ellipsis-Ultima

5 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

The one with Tails actually facing off against Chaos?

Not sure what this is? What storyboard? All we saw was him cowering to Chaos, crying out to Sonic, and that was it for Chaos...

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, MysteriousGirl 92 said:

So, how was Sonic tortured? Mentally? Physically? Emotionally? Also, wouldn't someone who has been tortured for six months be broken and miserable?

Maybe on the inside...

Another not so good year for Sonic. Who's even surprised. Another year riddled with un-originality from a 2D and 3D Sonic game. I'm going to take a step back from Sonic until I see a game with 100% originality and has a feeling of hard work and care put into it.

Mania and Forces aren't doing anything for me personally. 

6 minutes ago, dbzfan7 said:

Not sure what this is? What storyboard? All we saw was him cowering to Chaos, crying out to Sonic, and that was it for Chaos...

I think that storyboard was posted on Twitter in July...

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Nakasu said:

Another not so good year for Sonic. Who's even surprised. Another year riddled with un-originality from a 2D and 3D Sonic game. I'm going to take a step back from Sonic until I see a game with 100% originality and has a feeling of hard work and care put into it.

Mania and Forces aren't doing anything for me personally. 

I would say it´s a good fan game year for Sonic. Time Twisted, Mania and 2 HD were kind of a good trio. Despite the second and third having rehashed levels.

• Thumbs Up 4

8 minutes ago, dbzfan7 said:

I saw that. That was not the Tails I remember at all.

• Thumbs Up 3

Just now, superman43 said:

I would say it´s a good fan game year for Sonic. Time Twisted, Mania and 2 HD were kind of a good trio. Despite the second and third having rehashed levels.

Its always a pretty good fangame year. Fans put a lot effort into their renditions. Even the Sonic 06 PC remake is actually stunning. Its depressing I have to rely on fans in order to see some sort of actual effort put into a Sonic game. Not trying to demean those who worked on Mania of course, but it could have done without the rehashed levels we've played before in multiple other games.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Nakasu said:

Its always a pretty good fangame year. Fans put a lot effort into their renditions. Even the Sonic 06 PC remake is actually stunning. Its depressing I have to rely on fans in order to see some sort of actual effort put into a Sonic game. Not trying to demean those who worked on Mania of course, but it could have done without the rehashed levels we've played before in multiple other games.

It could. But you would play a rather short game. (5 zones)

Just now, superman43 said:

It could. But you would play a rather short game. (5 zones)

Indeed but those rehashed levels could easily be replaced by brand new ones. And by seeing the new stages in Mania, they are extremely capable of it, which is why I hope the team returns in the near future in a 100% new 2D sonic game. And that Sonic Team will start with a fresh brand new team

• Thumbs Up 1

28 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

Sega said that Shadow would be usable in ten modern Sonic stages. We’ve only seen seven. There’s also the Tails storyboard we haven’t seen yet, and apparently Seaside Hill. 

Yeah that storyboard was a thing but it's doubtful it actually meant anything at this point.

• Thumbs Up 8

Just now, Nakasu said:

Indeed but those rehashed levels could easily be replaced by brand new ones. And by seeing the new stages in Mania, they are extremely capable of it, which is why I hope the team returns in the near future in a 100% new 2D sonic game. And that Sonic Team will start with a fresh brand new team

Or they would be renamed and put on different projects. Seriously, I think the next game we should see in any Sonic, either 2D or 3D should focus only on Sonic, Tails and possibly Knuckles, with the first two being playable (if 3D) and all if 2D. If you balance it right and make a viable plot you can make an unbelievably good game.

16 minutes ago, RLS Legacy said:

Anyone else left feeling kind of... empty? Nearly 2 years of buildup for this game, all the sweet concept art and mystery surrounding Infinite etc, the promise of a cool plot that would really show us what'd happen if Eggman won... and we get THIS.

A clearly rushed, half-baked four-hour snorefest that explains nothing, ties up nothing, has no consistency to its pacing and isn't even spectacular from a gameplay perspective. Oh, and of course the goddamn TEXT BOX that helpfully informs us Eggman won. Instead of, you know, showing us. Lazy sods.

I'd be VERY surprised if the vision they had for the game was ANYTHING like what we've gotten. Hell, just going back and watching that reveal trailer of the burning city... nothing in the game comes close to that.

I dunno, I just feel... cheated, somehow.

This is why i’m still holding out for some post-game things to tie up the loose ends.

5 minutes ago, Nakasu said:

The only other option the team would have been given is a shorter game. They're original idea wouldn't allow them to be nearly as creative and original(it was just a straight up compilation pretty much.) with this decision, they actually got to make a new game

10 minutes ago, MysteriousGirl 92 said:

Meaning?

Meaning...Sonic puts up a front to hide his emotions that aren't really there.

On 28/10/2017 at 9:46 PM, Nakasu said:

Even with those "rehashed levels", for me it seems like they try to add a lot of new elements to the stages, like in Chemical Plant Zone Act 2, you are actually like in a big Plant, and most of the stages borrow elements from even other games. I do wish Sonic Mania had original levels throughout, but I feel like this could've been easier as they already had assets to work with, and it seemed that Sega were looking forward to making a more celebratory game. 

• Thumbs Up 2

6 minutes ago, Razule said:

Yeah that storyboard was a thing but it's doubtful it actually meant anything at thi point.

6 minutes ago, Razule said:

Sega said that Shadow would be usable in ten modern Sonic stages. We’ve only seen seven. There’s also the Tails storyboard we haven’t seen yet, and apparently Seaside Hill. 

I wanna see this storyboard if it even exists

1 minute ago, RedFox99 said:

Have there ever been patches that improved the story a little bit?

In Sonic, no. But there has been in games like Final Fantasy XV for example. 

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Have there ever been patches that improved the story a little bit?

There's Mass Effect 3, which made the ending not shit.

Kind of.

• Thumbs Up 1