Jump to content
Demonic Frenzy Ultima

Sonic Forces SPOILER Thread

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, RLS Legacy said:

Oh and they've thus far yet to bother explaining the Wisps' presence. Again.

Or Classic's presence, beyond 'oh hey, you're that Sonic from another dimension!' (actual dialogue)

Christ.

Well, it's a retcon so I didn't expect them to explain it. But.. he doesn't just show up, right? Like.. there's a portal he comes out of? Or he just freakin' runs up out of nowhere.

1 minute ago, Night on Balding Mountain said:

Tries to fix Omega

"I'm sorry I'm not smart enough"

Then cowers before Chaos 0 while screaming for Sonic

This is the worst Tails

What was that about Tails fighting Chaos, or something? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sean said:

I still can't get over the fact that Sonic gets tortured. This is one of the stupidest fucking things I've heard in relation to the series and it's not the kind of thing that fits Sonic at all.

My disinterest in the game has pretty much solidified at this point. I'm not going to play Forces. I'm just happy I can save my 40 bucks, and that I can avoid this game like I avoided Shadow and Sonic 2006 and save myself the second-hand embarrassment. Mania gave me what I wanted out of Sonic, which this game is certain to not do, so I'll just wait for Sega to greenlight another game from Taxman.

I mean to be fair, Shadow saw folks get shot up, and then was locked in a government basement for half a century , had his memories manipulated and had the only next of kin he had , cluthulu dragon monsters from space that eat planets and their inhabitants.

I don't like it either

But it ain't the first , 2nd, 3rd or 4th fucked up thing to happen to a character

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Shadowlax said:

I mean to be fair, Shadow saw folks get shot up, and then was locked in a government basement for half a century , had his memories manipulated and had the only next of kin he had , cluthulu dragon monsters from space that eat planets and their inhabitants.

I don't like it either

But it ain't the first , 2nd, 3rd or 4th fucked up thing to happen to a character

Yeah, but it fucks up another character (Eggman) to make it happen.

Eggman would kill Sonic in an instant to get him out of his hair (so to speak), but he's not some edgy sadist who'd torture him for months and months just to see him suffer. That's not Eggman's style. He's a pragmatist, through and through, who hurts people as a means to an end, not the end itself.

This game's even ruining Eggman, I can't believe how awful this story is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Razule said:

Well, it's a retcon so I didn't expect them to explain it. But.. he doesn't just show up, right? Like.. there's a portal he comes out of? Or he just freakin' runs up out of nowhere.

Tails is getting all pretentious and mawkish about not being able to fix Omega - who is just inexplicably lying there in the scene with no explanation and is not addressed at all after this - and then Chaos comes up behind him, he goes 'oh no, Chaos! Help!' (actual dialogue) and then a random portal opens up and Classic comes running out and bops Chaos once, at which point he dissolves.

It's SO bad. The game's complete disinterest in explaining anything or treating these classic villains we're supposed to take seriously with any sort of respect is maddening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sean said:

I still can't get over the fact that Sonic gets tortured. This is one of the stupidest fucking things I've heard in relation to the series and it's not the kind of thing that fits Sonic at all.

My disinterest in the game has pretty much solidified at this point. I'm not going to play Forces. I'm just happy I can save my 40 bucks, and that I can avoid this game like I avoided Shadow and Sonic 2006 and save myself the second-hand embarrassment. Mania gave me what I wanted out of Sonic, which this game is certain to not do, so I'll just wait for Sega to greenlight another game from Taxman.

For anyone who is interested in this game, excited for it, or pleased with what's there: cool. But this just ain't for me.

I'm with you. =[ Got very mixed feelings about and not all of it is very positive. Looks like the story isn't all it's meant to be either. Shit.

Will buy preowned from CeX down the line. Four years man, four years. What a waste.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Super Mechanio said:

Yeah, but it fucks up another character (Eggman) to make it happen.

Eggman would kill Sonic in an instant to get him out of his hair (so to speak), but he's not some edgy sadist who'd torture him for months and months just to see him suffer. That's not Eggman's style. He's a pragmatist, through and through, who hurts people as a means to an end, not the end itself.

Didn't he save Sonic in the classics at the end of a boss fight IIRC?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Super Mechanio said:

Yeah, but it fucks up another character (Eggman) to make it happen.

Eggman would kill Sonic in an instant to get him out of his hair (so to speak), but he's not some edgy sadist who'd torture him for months and months just to see him suffer. That's not Eggman's style. He's a pragmatist, through and through, who hurts people as a means to an end, not the end itself.

This game's even ruining Eggman, I can't believe how awful this story is.

HE'S EEEEVVVIIILLL Tho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sean said:

Yeah well this is Sonic the Hedgehog we're talking about. An iconic character that's been around for over two decades and is adored by children and ex-children alike. You don't fucking add a line like "Eggman tortured Sonic for months" like it's nothing. It doesn't fit the series itself and it sure as hell doesn't fit from any sort of meta perspective.

BUT IT'S SO DARK AND EDGY AND EGGMAN KREWL. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Super Mechanio said:

Yeah, but it fucks up another character (Eggman) to make it happen.

Eggman would kill Sonic in an instant to get him out of his hair (so to speak), but he's not some edgy sadist who'd torture him for months and months just to see him suffer. That's not Eggman's style. He's a pragmatist, through and through, who hurts people as a means to an end, not the end itself.

Eh, I don't know. If shadow is the real shadow, or a copy shadow, he has to have the real shadow locked up somewhere or mind controlled. Which is torture, unless infinites powers are so fast it doesn't matter where the original is, he can just make copies. And if he could do that, why not the plot be about infinite making false copies of other characters instigating shit. Then again that could be his powers because sega and local story telling are like oil and water. 

Also in shadows game, he was ready to convince the real shadow he was an android to convince him to serve under his command, so yeah that's also fucked up. And while not exactly torture, that's mental abuse

He also created robots that ran on animals as power sources, which is torture

He also creating robots to hunt down and capture specific people, which if you look at it from a certain angle is torture

  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

Well shit, step away from the computer for a while and I miss everything. Can someone give me a quick rundown of what got shown off? There's a fight with Zavok, some edgy bullshit, and apparently Tails sucks hardcore, and...?

Tails is a bitch, Sonic saves him. Infinite kicks his ass, gets captured. Tails bitches some more, Classic shows up and saves him. Eggman's  takeover is show through text boxes. Avatar saves Sonic from Space station. Zavok boss fight, then Infinite boss fight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

You must read and accept our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy to continue using this website. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.