Awoo.

Sonic Forces SPOILER Thread

Ellipsis-Ultima

2 minutes ago, Nakasu said:

In Sonic, no. But there has been in games like Final Fantasy XV for example. 

Man I hope that do that for Forces because it sounds a bit underdeveloped. 

6 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

Meaning...Sonic puts up a front to hide his emotions that aren't really there.

Right.

Not sure if it was discussed already.

But after Sonic goes bye bye and is tortured for months.

Is there any indication that anything has happened to him?

Just now, Mayor D said:

Not sure if it was discussed already.

But after Sonic goes bye bye and is tortured for months.

Is there any indication that anything has happened to him?

People have already pointed that out.

Just now, RedFox99 said:

People have already pointed that out.

MmmHmmm and is there any indication that anything has happened?

• Chuckle 1

6 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Have there ever been patches that improved the story a little bit?

Sure as hell not in Sonic the freaking Hedgehog

Just now, Mayor D said:

From what people are saying, there is not.

I saw a trailer featuring Tails cowering in fear, but when I saw the actual cutscene, Tails was cowering in fear because of Chaos. Why didn't he try to fight Chaos and why didn't he get the other villagers to safety before Sonic showed up and ended up being defeated and imprisoned? Didn't he once say that he couldn't depend on Sonic forever? Didn't his theme song say 'I wanna be strong, I really wanna be trusted'?

• Thumbs Up 7
  • Nice Smile 1

Just now, Razule said:

Sure as hell not in Sonic the freaking Hedgehog

I meant in general for video games. Should've worded that better

9 minutes ago, dbzfan7 said:

I wanna see this storyboard if it even exists

It does exist on Nakamura's twitter (not sure if this link will work)

https://mobile.twitter.com/nakamura_shunr/status/896144424245145603

What exactly is happening here is (a) open to interpretation, and (b) no indication of date, other than the date of the tweet. Could be an old storyboard before changes were made.

1 minute ago, Mayor D said:

They say he's been tortured, but aside from that perfectlt fine and chipper.

Screw it, even if the only "torture" was him being a cage (and I doubt considering it was specifically mentioned along side him being in solitary) he shouldn't be that happy.

• Thumbs Up 4

I know that Tails is a kid and I know he's not as reckless as Sonic is, but if he has the potential to fight, as well as protect himself and others, why wasn't that potential used in the story or the cutscenes?

3 hours ago, Diogenes said:

The illusion villains are possibly the biggest missed opportunity in the game. Zavok somehow manages to be the best of them just by taunting Sonic a bit and actually having a boss fight. Metal's basically just filler, an out-of-nowhere fight without any kind of consequence or purpose. And then Chaos and Shadow do absolutely nothing.

Yeah, seriously. 

2 minutes ago, Razule said:

Screw it, even if the only "torture" was him being a cage (and I doubt considering it was specifically mentioned along side him being in solitary) he shouldn't be that happy.

Exactly. Sonic should be struggling emotionally, physically and mentally because of what he went through. But no, all that was thrown out the window because he's Sonic. And apparently, Sonic's not supposed to behave like any torture victim would behave.

• Thumbs Up 6

Green Hill: Green Hill

Chemical Plant: Chemical Plant

...really? They couldn't think of something else to call these stages?

1 minute ago, MysteriousGirl 92 said:

I saw a trailer featuring Tails cowering in fear, but when I saw the actual cutscene, Tails was cowering in fear because of Chaos. Why didn't he try to fight Chaos and why didn't he get the other villagers to safety before Sonic showed up and ended up being defeated and imprisoned? Didn't he once say that he couldn't depend on Sonic forever? Didn't his theme song say 'I wanna be strong, I really wanna be trusted'?

Retcon more then likely, all character development from the SA games has been thrown out the window since 2006.

6 minutes ago, MysteriousGirl 92 said:

Before that he cowered in fear to literal mooks. MOOKS. The guys you casually run through like nothing. Which is the cowering in fear scene from the trailer. Then in the next moment he cowers in front of Chaos 0....

Then wrap your head around Charmy Bee getting in on more action than Tails, and being more competent than him....wrap your head around that.

• Thumbs Up 7

1 minute ago, MysteriousGirl 92 said:

I know that Tails is a kid and I know he's not as reckless as Sonic is, but if he has the potential to fight, as well as protect himself and others, why wasn't that potential used in the story or the cutscenes?

Because it seems that in the current story of Modern Sonic, Sonic Team no longer considers Tails as being capable of fighting. Unlike Knuckles, Shadow, or Amy or apparently EVERYONE ELSE (but Cream or Big).. Tails is weak.

1 minute ago, dbzfan7 said:

Then wrap your head around Charmy Bee getting in on more action than Tails, and being more competent than him....wrap your head around that.

Why? Just... why?

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, caitash said:

It does exist on Nakamura's twitter (not sure if this link will work)

https://mobile.twitter.com/nakamura_shunr/status/896144424245145603

What exactly is happening here is (a) open to interpretation, and (b) no indication of date, other than the date of the tweet. Could be an old storyboard before changes were made.

Ah I see...someone musta slapped him and said "NO! HE MUST REMAIN COMPLETELY USELESS!"

3 minutes ago, MysteriousGirl 92 said:

Didn't stop Charmy Bee. He's younger than Tails too. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, dbzfan7 said:

Well, at least Charmy doesn't act like an idiot in the game. Why couldn't the same be done for Tails, the SMARTEST and MOST TECHNICAL person of the group?

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, dbzfan7 said:

I can't wrap my head around that, because that's going off the assumption that Charmy Bee was always useless physically...so there's nothing to wrap around.

• Thumbs Up 1