Awoo.

Sonic Forces SPOILER Thread

Ellipsis-Ultima

Just now, RedFox99 said:

Did Tails contribute at all?

All he did was try to get readings on Infinite, talk to Classic Sonic, fix Omega and DO ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

• Thumbs Up 5

5 minutes ago, Razule said:

Because it seems that in the current story of Modern Sonic, Sonic Team no longer considers Tails as being capable of fighting. Unlike Knuckles, Shadow, or Amy or apparently EVERYONE ELSE (but Cream or Big).. Tails is weak.

Because if you're smart you must be incredibly weak. The trope of a team dynamic where the smart guy is pathetic physically.

5 minutes ago, MysteriousGirl 92 said:

Well, at least Charmy doesn't act like an idiot in the game. Why couldn't the same be done for Tails, the SMARTEST and MOST TECHNICAL person of the group?

Because fuck Tails. The hidden message of the game XP.

4 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Did Tails contribute at all?

He helped by being a exposition dump and by explaining things...that's it.

• Thumbs Up 4

I'm actually surprised that Zavok was actually the best treated one out of the illusion villains. I'm not actually upset about this because I find the D6 pretty okay. But it also shows me that Metal, Shadow and Chaos were pretty much just put into the story just of the sake of having them their. 

That just shows me that I was right about the characters. So many of them just have way similar roles. No wonder Zavok was one of the better used ones in Forces because he at least is very different in character, appearance, role and style.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, MysteriousGirl 92 said:

All he did was try to get readings on Infinite, talk to Classic Sonic, fix Omega and DO ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

He never actually fixed Omega. We don't really know how he's (Omega) there.

• Thumbs Up 5

It was kinda cute in the cutscene with Tails saying goodbye to Classic. Reminded me of DBZ young-Gohan saying goodbye to young-Dendei(sp?) but that wasn't enough to redeem his characterisation :/

Just now, Razule said:

He never actually fixed Omega. We don't really know why he's (Omega) there.

Huh, so Tails is completely useless in the game. Good to know.

26 minutes ago, speedfreak said:

I'll give forces credit for saving me money. 

Lol same here. I definitely won’t be buying the game new. So glad I held off and got Super Mario Odyssey instead (great game btw!).

I might get it later down the road when it’s cheaper and pre owned. The price will probably drop quite quickly if it doesn’t do well. 

• Thumbs Up 6

2 minutes ago, caitash said:

It was kinda cute in the cutscene with Tails saying goodbye to Classic. Reminded me of DBZ young-Gohan saying goodbye to young-Dendei(sp?) but that wasn't enough to redeem his characterisation :/

The reunion with Sonic was a nice touch too. I liked the bro hug. Could do with a lot less "Tru Dat."

The game really does fall into the same pitfall a lot of fanfictions do when it comes to character utilization. Except for Super form OC...yet.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, A Zombie KING and 35 other said:

So where's the eagle, bomb, and void Wispon?

Void is in the game. Frenzy is not

So, the leak might prevent some fans from buying, but I don't think the impact on the sales will be just a high because casuals probably does'nt even know about the leak.

Or maybe not.

Did the "gamer news" pages made a note about this leak?

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Soniman said:

The most hated of the villian characters geets the best showing. Amazing..

Eh, sort of. Sonic and Knuckles still ended up making him seem like a joke.

Especially if you forgot why he opened the friggin cell like I did by the time you got to that cutscene.

3 hours ago, SonicLegends said:

Okay wait a moment...

"Although he is evil, he is not created from an abrupt incident like Chaos, but he is instead an animal character just like Sonic & the others. If you play the free DLC of Shadow’s story, you’ll get to understand why he obtains a powerful strength and becomes evil."

So this means they left Infinite's backstory in Shadow's dlc. :/

Heck you would think if that's case then doesn't Shadow know of Infinite's creation and why didn't he bother to bring it up?

Because they want you to play the DLC.

Honestly, I kinda figured that would happened the moment they announced the Shadow DLC.

3 hours ago, Limit Breaker Diamond said:

So, what happened to this:

DIFaX7EXoAAh0Mh.jpg:large

...What is that?

3 hours ago, theofficefan99 said:

People are being way too eye-rollingly dramatic about that torture comment.

I'm inclined to agree a little. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Scar said:

Not even trying: The Game?

Not even trying: The Game.

Scanned through some videos and clips here and there, and everything looks so fucking undercooked. 4 years to make this? Lolno. It looks like it was shunted together in less than 2. That and it sort of....stops.

Honestly, this game is so phoned in, they should have just let it die before it got released.

As for the shit about the phantom ruby timeline bollocks and a potential retconning of Mania's story. Who gives a fuck? What deep, sophisticated lore is there that everyone is so heavily invested in, where such a retcon (were it true) would even matter? If Sonic Mania is popular enough, then SEGA will greenlight a sequel. That game probably cost them change they could scrape out from under the sofa compared to Forces.

I hope they fucking learn, that you can't just do pandering, focus tested bollocks and get away with it cause its not as fundamentally broken as 06. Bad design choices should be punished.

This basically embodies all of my feelings. Again we have another 3D title with absolutely no ambition or love. There were cool and interesting ideas wasted with moments that could be capitalized with a team of people that could have given a fuck. Its even more obvious after I have stepped in the realm of game development myself.

Everything is sooooo fucking uninspired. It not that its even terrible, it just bland as stale movie theater popcorn with no butter on it. The last 3D Sonic game that felt like it had any love put into it was Unleashed.

After Mania (And Breath of The Wild), I refuse to support anything that comes off as "phoned in" coming down a checklist of some kind to make sure you at-least get a passing score. Gaming is expensive, and more should only go to devs that give a flying fuck about their own title as well as their consumers. Cuphead, a game that was made by roughly two people who not only had an eye for quality art direction and game design, outshines this by miles. Why? Because the devs gave a shit.

Give the 3D Sonic franchise to the Mania Team or give Sonic to fucking Retro. And Sega needs to actually give a shit about their franchise instead of just treating it like a money machine. Have some semblance of brand loyalty Sega. 

• Thumbs Up 6

I don't get why Tails has to be as useless as he is. Like.. as mentioned, even Charmy is more capable. I get that he's not playable, I get that they might not want him zipping around like Sonic (everyone should be able to, but gameplay/story segregration), but come ooonnn... he should be able to fight! There's no good reason he should be cowering to Chaos 0!

He doesn't even have to fight like Sonic, just let him use his tail attacks or even Mega Buster. I'm not saying make him playable (they should, but that's another argument), but he doesn't have to be like this in cutscenes.

• Thumbs Up 6

Just now, RedFox99 said:

For each individual character, how would you describe how they were protrayed?

-Sonic seemed a step up from the normal intolerant shit he usually is. Still hate his current dude bro frat boy voice, but character wise I think he improved. Especially since he had to share spotlight instead of basically having it all for himself.

-Knuckles is a step up too. Not by too much, but he's also tolerable. Not an idiot or being painfully brain dead.

-Amy is.......token girl still....no real change.

-Eggman has a big step up as he's actually threatoning and a competent villain again. The biggest upgrade and I hope he remains this instead of a complete joke like he has been for years.

-Infinite was really cool in everything on the surface, but once you try to dive into depth, it's gone as they dropped the ball with his backstory and what he is. He looks cool, acts cool, but isn't cool.....so basically RCS Sonic for me but not as obnoxious XD.

Tails....well I already did a big rant XP
Tails. Jesus....what the hell happened to him? I wonder if Classic Sonic was wondering what the fuck Tails was doing this whole time. He's probably used to Tails actually helping him, while this joke doesn't do shit. It is heart breaking being a Tails fan. Charmy Bee, fucking Charmy Bee of all people is more capable than Tails. Tails is reduced to a whimpering coward who is incapable of doing anything. A slave to exposition, and nothing else. Mooks are too much, Sonic Adventure apparently happened but vastly differently as Tails entire character arc is thrown out, and his solo victory over Eggman is glossed over as never happening. Did he even make the Wispon's? My bet was his main use would be making gadgets for the avatar. To at least try and give him something to do. But I don't think he did that even unless I missed it. He literally could only do exposition and explaining shit. That's it. Explaining shit is all he can do anymore. I said Boom Tails sucked before....but even Boom Tails is more capable than this empty shell. With Knuckles getting the bump up from not seemingly being an idiot/incompetent person in modern now (As well as Eggman), I think Tails is probably the most screwed over character. The only bone he has gotten thrown his way is having a Super Form with the Chaos Emeralds in Classic Sonic's world so he's not a third wheel in that department. That's probably more on the Mania team than anything to do with Sonic Team/Sega decisions. Funny enough I said the same thing about Gohan in Dragon Ball Super until Dragon Ball Super stopped treating him so poorly. I even wondered who would get to be useful/competent again. I actually thought it would be Tails, but nope not even power creep could stop Gohan. Gohan becomes more useful/competent while Tails remains to exist only because he's a classic character and to explain shit. Buddy might as well stay as he's far more useful than Tails is, or Knuckles should just partner up with Sonic while Tails sits back at a computer screen ala Oracle from Batman so he's not in harms way, and can do more from there. 

2 minutes ago, Razule said:

I don't get why Tails has to be as useless as he is. Like.. as mentioned, even Charmy is more capable. I get that he's not playable, I get that they might not want him zipping around like Sonic (everyone should be able to, but gameplay/story segregration), but come ooonnn... he should be able to fight! There's no good reason he should be cowering to Chaos 0!

He doesn't even have to fight like Sonic, just let him use his tail attacks or even Mega Buster. I'm not saying make him playable (they should, but that's another argument), but he doesn't have to be like this in cutscenes.

But but but but.....Who will explain the exposition....Think of the Children...THINK OF THE CHILDREN!....They need him to explain everything. Depth to his own character would hurt their minds. Roles must be simple. Sonic awesome hero. Tails explainy guy who doesn't do things.

• Thumbs Up 3

2 minutes ago, Razule said:

I don't get why Tails has to be as useless as he is.

Oh and yeah.

Fuck Sonic Team for turning Tails into a little bitch. This is the worst interpretation of Tails to date.

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Nice Smile 3
  • Chuckle 1

6 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

This is quite gross the more you think about it.

Here we have a game about a resistance group fighting a losing war, we see people being blown up by infinites laser blasts, mass destruction all sorts of chaos.

This is on top of the game and it's marketing using imagery akin to propaganda imagery from devastating civil wars.

The we get the line "he's been tortured for months" said by Amy who is smiling during the dialogue exchange.

Tails is broken, which I guess is supposed to be some kind of post traumatic stress which has impacted his ability to perform to his full. 

And this comes on the backdrop of the very real world problems going on in Syria and issues of stress and mental trauma which is starting to impact veterans of Iraq and Afghanistan. 

But then Sonic comes out of his many month long torture and is absolutely fine? Shows no ill effects? Mental or physical?

This is kinda gross, all the NPCs are called soldiers they're fighting in a war and are dressed in stereotype war clothing. We see them pabicking when the battle turns against them.

These are soldiers.

They are in a war.

The enemy is using torture on their fellow fighters and is willing to outright kill them.

This game has to be taken as being the most stupid Sonic game ever right? The most childish and juvenile? It has to be.

Only if you take it as a 'mature' 'dark' or 'grown up' plot, then you really need to see that Sega has made all these statements about wars, conflict, torture and post combat stress and take it with at least some degree of being a mature/dark/grown up critical standpoint and realise it's pretty gross.

Otherwise. Realise Sega has made all these statements without realising it's done it and then realise just how childishly stupid this plot and it's themes are.

Well.. the thing with Amy was said by Knuckles. Nice meme, but it's taken out of context, she's smiling because she's reacting to the news that Sonic is alive. After Knuckles says The Line, she gets a pouty face and says "That's horrible!" or something.

I get what you mean though, mood whiplash and tone dissonance is a problem

• Thumbs Up 3

I don’t think we even saw Tails fighting in that EPIC battle at the end with Knuckles and the others right? Lawl they really screwed him over in this!

Sonic, Infinite, Dr Eggman, Knuckles and yes, even Silver were handled the best in Sonic Forces. Everyone else ranged from okay to just plain bad (Tails and unfortunately Classic Sonic belong in the latter group).

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Voyant said:

Oh and yeah.

Fuck Sonic Team for turning Tails into a little bitch. This is the worst interpretation of Tails to date.

I think its more supposed to be that he's suffering from battlefield stress disorder... but it's done so badly...

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Gabz Girl said:

I don’t think we even saw Tails fighting in that EPIC battle at the end with Knuckles and the others right? Lawl they really screwed him over in this!

The first time other characters really fight in a cutscene and Tails doesn't even get a chance to do anything...how tragic.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Razule said:

I agree. Completely.

4 minutes ago, Voyant said:

Oh and yeah.

Well I really liked Kate Higgins Tails (Outside of Lost World bitchness here and there) He had more charm than normal. Usually he was a yes man, cute, and didn't really add much to personality. But he was extremely supportive. But yes Modern Tails is the worst because of how unnecessary he is now. Only around because of his Classic Status.

3 minutes ago, Gabz Girl said:

He flew by people...and that was it. Charmy takes out a Metal Sonic illusion thing that Silver holds, while Tails fly's around pretending to help. I can imagine him now. "I"m helping!" as he flies in circles doing nothing....wouldn't put it past current Sonic writers.

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Chuckle 2