Awoo.

Sonic Forces SPOILER Thread

Ellipsis-Ultima

1 minute ago, Razule said:

It seems the main reason he beat Sonic back then was the phantoms. Which is the main reason things progressed this far. Even Shadow was useless apparently.

But the phantoms.. why didn't he just create a bunch of giant Shadows, Chaoses, Zavoks, and and Metal Sonics to attack Sonic..?

Damn Sonic plots always fall apart at the seams when you think about them.. at all.

Oh please don't tell me it's another "It was a trick, Sonic is always the bestest" kinda crap. It just makes Sonic struggle worse if he was always superior and just had to get passed a gimmick. But Sonic and Infinite confirm Sonic got better....somehow....while imprisoned...and Sonic says a Broly line...which totally won't be taken as something else...

1 minute ago, Mayor D said:

Bet you anything the game has had chunks cut out for DLC.

Unless the DLC is hastily put together stuff they forgot to add, besides Episode Shadow they've said they don't plan to support Forces with further DLC.

What I don't get is the whole "Infinite is faster than Sonic?" subplot thing that they had going on in the beginning. Because after sonic was saved, it seemed like they were evenly matched in speed or something, like at first I thought Infinite was going to be really strong and they'd have to think of something really smart to beat him, but really I don't get how they did that exactly.

• Thumbs Up 7

Just now, Typical said:

What I don't get is the whole "Infinite is faster than Sonic?" subplot thing that they had going on in the beginning. Because after sonic was saved, it seemed like they were evenly matched in speed or something, like at first I thought Infinite was going to be really strong and they'd have to think of something really smart to beat him, but really I don't get how they did that exactly.

Hey, it's not his speed. He must be using the Phantom Ruby to warp!

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Chuckle 5

1 hour ago, RedFox99 said:

Never though I would see someone type that. 

Honestly, I kinda expected at least someone would myself before the game came out.

1 hour ago, dbzfan7 said:

Then wrap your head around Charmy Bee getting in on more action than Tails, and being more competent than him....wrap your head around that.

The former isn't that surprising, dude. That was kinda the point of Charmy(and Marine)'s personality.

It's the latter where the problem really comes in.

6 minutes ago, Razule said:

Unless the DLC is hastily put together stuff they forgot to add, besides Episode Shadow they've said they don't plan to support Forces with further DLC.

They meant they would not EXPAND what was there. Unlocking something on the disc is fair game for them. 

1 minute ago, Limit Breaker Diamond said:

Wait. So was Infinite an illusion or an actual person?!

Uh.. both...? He's definitely something made by Eggman.

200.gif

3 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

They meant they would not EXPAND what was there. Unlocking something on the disc is fair game for them. 

Well.. if it's in the disc, hackers should be able to find it eventually.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Nice Smile 1
  • Chuckle 2

Things I don't get based on the cut scenes shown (sorry if this is obvious, but I'm not getting it):

1. Did the events of Sonic Mania really happen or was it all just an illusion? And did the Modern Eggman travel to that dimension to test the Phantom Ruby or was that Classic Eggman? And if it was Modern Eggman, then there was no time to create Infinite based on Classic Sonic being sucked to the Modern dimension at the end of it, unless he was just chilling there for a long time.

2. How was the Phantom Ruby found? Was it something that Eggman created? Or did he come across it somewhere?

3. Does Infinite cease to exist now? He is shown breaking up, but then he streaks off somewhere. It's very vague if he is no longer in existence. 

4. Why did seasoned freedom fighters put all of their trust in a "rookie"?

5. What was the point in creating illusions of characters Sonic fought before? Other than maybe initial shock value by Sonic when he first confronts them, it kind of becomes pointless after.

There's so much more, but I'm already getting a headache from it, lol.

Just now, Feanor said:

Did I miss it or was there not a Metropolis stage for Classic Sonic?

Pretty sure every style has its own version of the level.

2 minutes ago, AuroraRedwinters said:

Things I don't get based on the cut scenes shown (sorry if this is obvious, but I'm not getting it):

1. Did the events of Sonic Mania really happen or was it all just an illusion? And did the Modern Eggman travel to that dimension to test the Phantom Ruby or was that Classic Eggman?

2. How was the Phantom Ruby found? Was it something that Eggman created? Or did he come across it somewhere?

3. Does Infinite cease to exist now? He is shown breaking up, but then he streaks off somewhere. It's very vague if he is no longer in existence. 

4. Why did seasoned freedom fighters put all of their trust in a "rookie"?

5. What was the point in creating illusions of characters Sonic fought before? Other than maybe initial shock value by Sonic when he first confronts them, it kind of becomes pointless after.

There's so much more, but I'm already getting a headache from it, lol.

1. They really happened but a lot of the weirder parts were probably illusions. It seems a Phantom Ruby prototype just managed to end up in Classic Sonic's world. 

2. It seems that he created the Phantom Ruby prototypes. 

3. *shrug*

4. *shrug*

5. Fanservice.. except for Zavok, who is filling an empty space.

• Thumbs Up 2

12 minutes ago, Razule said:

Pretty sure every style has its own version of the level.

Nah, I think a few get shortchanged. 7 zones times four gameplay styles is 28 stages, but that's not taking into account bosses.

e: looks like no classic Metropolis, no tag team CPZ, Mystic Jungle, or Death Egg, and I guess tag team City is technically a "level" since it has red rings but it's really just the Metal Sonic fight.

• Thumbs Up 3

Just watched the big damn battle cutscene with omega. I was kinda reminded of this59f50bbad82e0_download(27).thumb.jpg.6aefe7c506ded0e1a66f23986669b57d.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, Limit Breaker Diamond said:

Wait. So was Infinite an illusion or an actual person?!

Considering he just fades away and later becomes another mass production, I'm going with Illusion. Just a more durable one. Zavok showed us the illusions can retain a persionality why wouldn't this be the case for Infinite?

Spoiler

He truly was nothing the whole time, God bless us eveyone.

1 minute ago, ShadowSJG said:

So, does this mean everyone wants to go back to pontaff writing?

I sure don’t. Maybe i’ll take the minimal writing of mania instead.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, ShadowSJG said:

Ugh please no....at least Forces has spectacle and was interesting (Not always in a good way). His stories are mundane, boring, and maybe funny to some but outside of humor they are forgettable adventures. He's better off with Sonic Boom like writing and stories for those who like those kind of plots in the cartoon.

3 minutes ago, ShadowSJG said:

Yes, gladly.

• Thumbs Up 6

2 minutes ago, Johnny Boy said:

No. Let’s just get new writers entirely. Hey Ian Flynn, you don’t mind do you?

Depends on how much freedom the writers are allowed....if too restricted, not even Flynn may be able to save us.

• Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, ShadowSJG said:

But... this game was written by Pontaff.

LW and Colors proved they couldn't write lighthearted stuff.

Forces has proven they can't write serious stuff.

They literally can't do either. Fire them.

• Thumbs Up 7
  • Nice Smile 2