Awoo.

Sonic Forces SPOILER Thread

Ellipsis-Ultima

23 minutes ago, Super Mechanio said:

So, Metacritic predictions anyone? What range do you think the review score average will fall?

Remember that Lost World ended up with a 63% average. Forces is a lot more broken and unpolished than SLW was, so I'm leaning to it scoring in the 50s or low 60s overall.

It’ll probably end up just a little bit higher than SLW’s Metacritic score but considerably lower than Colours and Generations. So between a 70-65, which is pretty bad for a Sonic game that came out four years after the last one. 

I’ve said it before but I’d be shocked if it gets higher than a 7, mainly because it’s mediocre af and doesn’t even deserve high scores imo. This game looks barebones and cheap and I really don’t want Sonic Team to make more games like that. They need a serious shake up of their staff. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Serious talk, I've seen almost the whole game and if this gets better than even mediocre reception I'll call myself out in regards to modern Sonic, cause I just can't accept what I see here.

Sonic Forces is a game made of fillers, reused level design, and crappy design choices.

This game doesn't play like a Sonic game, some of the stages are so automatic that you might aswell drop the controller altogether.

Have fun with it, knowing that SEGA has your money. Money they don't deserve for a product they practically shat out without any care, love or passion poured into it.

Good job, you're paying for Sonic's grave.

Also, Sonic was TORTURED for months? What in the actual fuck?

• Thumbs Up 6

5 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

Yeah, their "tendrils" being all over it kept Sonic actually feeling like Sonic and not some generic, soulless shonen hero.

I bet next time, the generic, soulless shonen Hero is exactly what we’ll get. 

In other news, I am desperate for a new 3D Sonic game, I liked what I see, and I just went and put down the money for my pre-order today. The stream sold me even more on the game, not put me off. It may be more automated than Unleashed or Generations, but it still looks the "Same" to me. And with it being a "Re-skinned colors", it doesn't bug me as I only ever finished the first three worlds of Colors before getting bored. I can't wait to play boost again! Just feeling the rush of boosting and going fast is enough for me to fall in love with it.

5 minutes ago, GuyWithThePie said:

Oh boy. If things are this heated right now with leaks that not too many people know about, I can only imagine what things will be like when the game actually releases to the public.

Buckle up, folks. Because we're gonna be in for a wild ride come November 7th.

Buckled in! The fate of the franchise lay in the balance.

Oh shit I’ve just realised something! I don’t remember seeing this scene in the final game. I saw every cutscene in that guy’s livestream and Sonic never fell into the abyss! O_O

What the hell happened omfg dis game

b1f8km21qrlz.gif

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Nice Smile 1

10 minutes ago, Sonikko said:

Serious talk, I've seen almost the whole game and if this gets better than even mediocre reception I'll call myself out in regards to modern Sonic, cause I just can't accept what I see here.

Sonic Forces is a game made of fillers, reused level design, and crappy design choices.

This game doesn't play like a Sonic game, some of the stages are so automatic that you might aswell drop the controller altogether.

Have fun with it, knowing that SEGA has your money. Money they don't deserve for a product they practically shat out without any care, love or passion poured into it.

Also, Sonic was TORTURED for months? What in the actual fuck?

I remember similar statements about Shadow the Hedgehog and 06....9 years later and still going pretty strong...At least for now.

Sonic won't die unless they do Sonic Adventure 3. That will kill Sonic(for almost no reason actually).

6 minutes ago, GuyWithThePie said:

Oh boy. If things are this heated right now with leaks that not too many people know about, I can only imagine what things will be like when the game actually releases to the public.

Buckle up, folks. Because we're gonna be in for a wild ride come November 7th.

Not too many? Everyone that browses the internet should know by now.

5 minutes ago, DawningWolf said:

And with it being a "Re-skinned colors", it doesn't bug me as I only ever finished the first three worlds of Colors before getting bored. I can't wait to play boost again! Just feeling the rush of boosting and going fast is enough for me to fall in love with it.

I'm sorry to rain on your parade but this sentence here is a pure contradiction.

This game is a reskinned Colours, a game you got bored of after 3 zones, yet you're excited for it.

I can't understand it. Really, I'm not being ironic, rude nor am I mocking you.

I genuinely wonder why.

• Thumbs Up 6

Just now, Gabz Girl said:

Oh shit I’ve just realised something! I don’t remember seeing this scene in the final game. I saw every cutscene in that guy’s livestream and Sonic never fell into the abyss! O_O

b1f8km21qrlz.gif

It's part of the QTE in Egg Gate.

• Thumbs Up 4

b1f8km21qrlz.gif

Nah, it's in the game. It shows up at the end of the QTE of Egg Gate.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Gabz Girl said:

*snip*

Pretty sure it was mid-level in Sonic's Death Egg stage.

1 minute ago, Jar Jar Analysis 1138 said:

I remember similar statements about Shadow the Hedgehog and 06....9 years later and still going pretty strong...At least for now.

Sonic won't die unless they do Sonic Adventure 3. That will kill Sonic(for almost no reason actually).

A franchise can only have so many awful games before it dies.

And Sonic has already had his own big share of em

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

1 minute ago, Zippo said:

It's part of the QTE in Egg Gate.

Ohhh I see! I haven’t seen that gameplay yet, just the bosses and cutscenes. ^^;;; Still sucks though, looks so cool without QTE shit. 

b1f8km21qrlz.gif

..huh. Well, either there really is more to the game or it was taken out.

2 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

Pretty sure it was mid-level in Sonic's Death Egg stage.

Never mind then..

Just now, Sonikko said:

A franchise can only have so many awful games before it dies.

And Sonic has already had his own big share of em

I think you're overreacting...:o

Just now, Jar Jar Analysis 1138 said:

I think you're overreacting...:o

I think this franchise is a joke to everyone.

The public will see Mania as a fluke and go back to mocking Sonic in two weeks.

If that sounds good to you, then I'm glad for you idk

1 minute ago, Sonikko said:

I think this franchise is a joke to everyone.

The public will see Mania as a fluke and go back to mocking Sonic in two weeks.

If that sounds good to you, then I'm glad for you idk

I mean, you should know that the Mainstream has always used Sonic as a joke for the most part. Along with Sega's forgotten consoles making fun of the fanbase...Star Wars is similar to that...

5 minutes ago, Sonikko said:

I'm sorry to rain on your parade but this sentence here is a pure contradiction.

This game is a reskinned Colours, a game you got bored of after 3 zones, yet you're excited for it.

I can't understand it. Really, I'm not being ironic, rude nor am I mocking you.

I genuinely wonder why.

I think what I disliked most about colors is the slow platforming the wisps brought, like the blue wisp for turning things into blocks and in reverse. The platforming and speed itself was fine, just the wisps felt like they really got in the way. The way they are used here for weapons, I am completely fine with as they don't slow down the platforming itself. Also, like I said, it could also be I am very desperate for a new 3D Sonic game since Generations. I played and finished Lost World, and it didn't satisfy whatsoever. I only found it a very very average game. It didn't give me the rush of speed. Now I don't speak for all kids with ADD/Aspergers, but I know I am someone who always needs to keep moving and keep doing things at a quick rate or I get bored. Even if it's automated more now than ever, it still gives me that speed. Make fun of fidgets spinners if you want too, they have really helped me with my case of getting bored.

• Thumbs Up 4