Awoo.

Sonic Forces SPOILER Thread

Ellipsis-Ultima

Pretty sure I saw Zavok glitch and fade out, too.

Don't know what y'all are talking about 

1 minute ago, Celestia said:

I don't really see an issue with Tails feeling bad about not being able to fix Omega...?

The fear of Chaos is silly as hell and I don't like it either, but that's nothing new for post-'06 Tails, lol.

Tails said he's not smart enough to fix omega right

Didn't shadow fix omega in sonic 06 one who had been worn down and broken for like... through an apocalypse? 

• Thumbs Up 4

Just now, Shadowlax said:

Eh, I don't know. If shadow is the real shadow, or a copy shadow, he has to have the real shadow locked up somewhere or mind controlled. Which is torture, unless infinites powers are so fast it doesn't matter where the original is, he can just make copies. And if he could do that, why not the plot be about infinite making false copies of other characters instigating shit. Then again that could be his powers because sega and local story telling are like oil and water. 

Also in shadows game, he was ready to convince the real shadow he was an android to convince him to serve under his command, so yeah that's also fucked up. And while not exactly torture, that's mental abuse

He also created robots that ran on animals as power sources, which is torture

He also creating robots to hunt down and capture specific people, which if you look at it from a certain angle is torture

Using someone to serve his own ends is totally different from just torturing someone for shits and giggles.

If he's hurting someone just for the thrill of hurting them, then no, this totally flies in the face of Eggman's character.

Guess I just have to accept that they ruined Eggman.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Indigo Rush said:

Pretty sure I saw Zavok glitch and fade out, too.

Don't know what y'all are talking about 

I have the video still on my end and he does not glitch during the boss fight between him and Sonic. He does glitch in the one where the villain team pop up but only there.

Infinite definitely has the Phantom Ruby. Infinite and Silver have a short DBZ fight, knocks the Ruby out of him. Infinite still has some Rust. Silver gets defeated. Sonic saves Silver. Cue cutscene from the "Enter Infinite" trailer. Cue best dialogue from Sonic in a while. Boss fight is a Lost World like rolling pin auto run level.  

• Thumbs Up 4

2 minutes ago, Super Mechanio said:

Using someone to serve his own ends is totally different from just torturing someone for shits and giggles.

If he's hurting someone just for the thrill of hurting them, then no, this totally flies in the face of Eggman's character.

They got Sonic & Knuckles down though, so it's all good :)

24 minutes ago, SonicLegends said:

In regards to Tails being scared like I said he just saw right in front of him Sonic getting a beat down from the whole villain team and after the 2 month time skip everyone thought he wasn't alive. You can't compare Tails here to the one in Sonic Adventure who even had Sonic with him. 

image.thumb.png.f7c841cefa559a88f0e0732413296ea7.png

...And we thought SLW Tails was the worst offense ST could do to the character...

2 minutes ago, Super Mechanio said:

If I mid control you and force you to do horrible shit

That's torture my dude

Torture isn't about hurting to hurt all the time, my dude. Sometimes its a means to an end, I mean. If the hero's find their " hero" sonic broken, and shadow missing. They might loose the will to fight, ya know?

Don't worry, watch they retcon this whole game out of existance

1 minute ago, SonicLegends said:

I have the video still on my end and he does not glitch during the boss fight between him and Sonic. He does glitch in the one where the villain team pop up but only there.

Not in the boss fight itself, but in the cutscene straight after: Zavok lies defeated, but suddenly glitches out and fades away. Sonic comments that he's heard that sound before (I couldn't quite hear it myself, but presumably it's a Phantom Ruby sound effect) but quickly dismisses it when the security alarms go off.

Just now, MudHunter said:

Wait wait 

The game doesn't explain how Eggman takes over?

Not from what we saw. For all we know they could dump all that at the last second before the final boss

11 minutes ago, Limit Breaker Diamond said:

Didn't he save Sonic in the classics at the end of a boss fight IIRC?

He saved him before a boss fight.

1 minute ago, MudHunter said:

Wait wait 

The game doesn't explain how Eggman takes over?

All they show is sonic getting his ass kicked, and then the screen fades to black as text shows up saying Eggman took sonic prisoner and took over the world in several months.

At least they did my boy Knuckles right. <3 Oh competent Knuxie, how I missed you. 

Sonic is great too but his dialogue can be cheesy at times. Then again he's supposed to be cheesy so I suppose it works, just not a game like this where the story is serious as all hell. XD;;

Just watched through the guy's stream and... I think I'm more optimistic now. I actually like the dialogue that's been done here  - a pretty big improvement compared to Lost World for me and what I actually wanted in a Sonic game for a while. The level design is lacking, sure, but for me it's not as huge of a problem as I thought it would've been. Graphically looks pretty good, especially for the Switch version (not that it really matters for me, cuz I'm a PC guy). Overall, my opinion somewhat improved on it.

That said, it definitely ain't gonna be better than Gens gameplay-wise, that's for sure. Also yeah, I don't like how Tails is in this game. Then again, it's nothing really new, he's been like that since Unleashed. The text box about Eggman conquering is also not good, but maybe it might be explained more by the end of the game? Doubt it, but eh.

Overall I'm liking what I'm seeing. Which is weird, cuz many people here hate it even more as I can see.

11 minutes ago, Limit Breaker Diamond said:

We don't even know what they mean by ''torturing''. Maybe he just locked him in a prison cell?

Locked in cell =/= torture

Unless they didn't feed him or something

10 minutes ago, Celestia said:

I don't really see an issue with Tails feeling bad about not being able to fix Omega...?

It's the fact that Tails, the character that can rival and in some instances out smart Eggman isn't smart enough to fix Omega. He even say it himeslf.

Edit.

Oh shit. I think they made him worse then Charmy with this.

9 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

Tails said he's not smart enough to fix omega right

Didn't shadow fix omega in sonic 06 one who had been worn down and broken for like... through an apocalypse? 

No, he just checked him out, found out he was in stand-by mode, and left him.