Awoo.

Sonic Forces SPOILER Thread

Ellipsis-Ultima

I almost forgot about the text blurb. Yeah I was shocked at how lame that was. We really couldn't see him win, but see a lazy text blurb telling us he did? 

• Thumbs Up 2

So wait infinite is no more? like could he come back or is he like other character like merlina where we will never see him again.

4 minutes ago, The Deleter said:

I mean what even happened to Infinite

Where's all this backstory coming from?

Where's the full version of this song?

Where's the boss that this concept art was for?

DIFaX7EXoAAh0Mh.jpg:large&key=879b2d95fa

Why does he have a sword in one of the comics prototype covers?

So7gr0u.jpg&key=b79ba8f193568c212b613e6e

Why did he have two logos, both in trailers centered around him, in the span of mere months?

5LsD0UQ.gif&key=1fed72c2194a27accfe03f31

article_post_width_inf.png&key=d9d7ab044

What

Even

H a p p e n n e d

I will admit this. those logos had me hyped for infinite but it seems like they downplayed him at the end :c

4 minutes ago, The Deleter said:

Why did he have two logos, both in trailers centered around him, in the span of mere months?

What

Even

H a p p e n n e d

Hearing about what went down in this game's developmenr is going to be goo-ood..

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Meta77 said:

So wait infinite is no more? like could he come back or is he like other character like merlina where we will never see him again.

He fades away like the other illusions, or most goodwill toward Sonic Forces.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 3

You all know that this game's writer wrote Sonic 06 don't you? What with the new edgy villain who ends up upstaging Eggman and new hero who upstages Sonic. I don't see how anybody could have expected much better knowing that.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Razule said:

He disappeared. We thought we'd never see Zavok again, so who knows.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Almar said:

You all know that this game's writer wrote Sonic 06 don't you? What with the new edgy villain who ends up upstaging Eggman and new hero who upstages Sonic. I don't see how anybody could have expected much better knowing that.

Well I’ll give Nakamura this, at least Eggman wasn’t upstaged this time around.

2 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

They could probably bullshit an explanation for him returning if they really wanted to. But he seems pretty dead. And I don't think they'll have reason to bring him back.

1 minute ago, Johnny Boy said:

Well I’ll give Nakamura this, at least Eggman wasn’t upstaged this time around.

Eh. He still kinda was, though. Not in terms of who gets to be the big bad villain in the end, but in terms of who the story actually cared about...

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, ShadowSJG said:

What are thoughts on Infinite overall?

Boring and nothing special, just like the rest of the game.

And that's basically what I expected; I knew from the very beginning that everything they would add in this game would basically amount to nothing despite all of the buildup to it. Because Sonic Team can never follow through on what they promise worth a damn.

• Thumbs Up 6

54 minutes ago, ShadowSJG said:

I disagree with much criticism here as I don't think this game has killed Sonic or something like that but I'm annoyed that Sonic Team marketed stuff and didn't do it.

I don't think it's done that either and I'd find it hard to believe anyone does. If the double-whammy of Lost World and Rise of Lyric wasn't enough to do it, then this game that frankly looks better than both of those but still under what most of us wish it would be isn't going to be the final nail. Hell, Sonic 2006 was so bad it would under any normal circumstance be a franchise killer, and Forces is miles above that.

Plus Mania has done so well critically and commercially, they can ride that good will through a mediocre-to-bad game.

• Thumbs Up 3

1 minute ago, Diogenes said:

They could probably bullshit an explanation for him returning if they really wanted to. But he seems pretty dead. And I don't think they'll have reason to bring him back.

*looks at Zavok*

*looks at Zavok* will be the new *looks at Classic Sonic*

• Thumbs Up 3

3 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

Eh. He still kinda was, though. Not in terms of who gets to be the big bad villain in the end, but in terms of who the story actually cared about...

True, it was kind of like Sonic Lost World where the game focuses on the deadly six being the main villains but then Robotnik still pulls a fast one at the end and is the final boss. In this game, the focus is squarely on Infinite, including that scene where he even mocks Robotnik in front of classic Sonic and Tails (saying he beat Sonic his first time while Robotnik lost to him for 'decades') 

10 minutes ago, The Deleter said:

What

Even

H a p p e n n e d

The greatest evil ever know to Sonic and company. Development issues

5 minutes ago, Razule said:

He disappeared. We thought we'd never see Zavok again, so who knows.

We still havent? I mean- fuck. You know what I mean. God I hate this story.

Just now, Almar said:

If this game is a meme like Sonic 06 then Sonic Team will shove him under the rug and pretend he was never a thing like Elise.

*looks at Silver*

At least both the Infinite fans and Eggman fans have one thing in common: both felt really unsatisfied with how both characters (or "character" in Infinite's case) was handled.

At the end of the day, there was only disappointment.

• Chuckle 2

1 minute ago, Soniman said:

I htink the worst part is that this was a perfect plot cupon of Eggman finally taking over the world, they fucking SQUANDERED it and well never get like something like this ever again.

This fucking BLOWS man.

Ooooooh man

Here's a fun game

Go through all of the encounters with Infinite, all the influence he has on the characters and plot... replace it with either eggman himself or new robots Eggman built specifically...

And imagine how much better it could have been from that alone

Everything sucks about this

Everything

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Chuckle 3

2 minutes ago, Super Mechanio said:

At least both the Infinite fans and Eggman fans have one thing in common: both felt really unsatisfied with how both characters (or "character" in Infinite's case) was handled.

At the end of the day, there was only disappointment.

You say that, but comments I've seen off this site show that people love Infinite and how he acts lol.

You underestimate how easily entertained people are.

1 minute ago, Night on Balding Mountain said:

We still havent? I mean- fuck. You know what I mean. God I hate this story.

Well, yeah, he's fake in this game but I meant as an.. entity. Anything can happen with these guys.

2 minutes ago, Almar said:

If this game is a meme like Sonic 06 then Sonic Team will shove him under the rug and pretend he was never a thing like Elise.

That's the thing that annoys me so much... 

Yknow I get that it's funny to mock Sonic 06 for its loading screens or point out some other ridiculous occurrence or troll people about "Big's Big Fishing Adventure" but these are REAL THINGS that happened. They put out mediocre games (or parts of games) and they're joking about it now, yet they fail to see why these things were dumb ideas in the first place and I could definitely see some of the Sonic Forces ridiculous moments being memes in the future and it really makes me wonder if they're just trying to make some ridiculous cheesy stuff because they think that's what we want. 

In some of Aaron's livestreams, he's pretty much acknowledged that we're all sick of Green Hill Zone. Sega pays attention to feedback and yet we still see the same things happening. At what point is enough enough?

• Thumbs Up 4

27 minutes ago, dbzfan7 said:

That's more or less what he did in Sonic Unleashed after making Eggman Land.

Personally I say he's an improvement. He keeps final boss status and isn't tossed aside for the monster of the week. More importantly he's not just some loser who you can never buy into to be able accomplish anything. With a mix of him basically saying he sucks, his minions saying he sucks, and the heroes calling him out for incompetence. But here he finally wins essentially in a massive way. It's just a shame bad villain bull crap from Infinite basically prevents him from finishing off Sonic, rather than just having him be saved by someone else and taken away. Maybe Shadow chaos controls him away before Infinite kills him, so Infinite doesn't come off as a bone head generic villain.

In Unleashed, there were cutscenes of him after the process of releasing Gaia. Colors did do better with Eggman, same with LW.