Awoo.

Sonic Forces SPOILER Thread

Ellipsis-Ultima

1 minute ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

You say that, but comments I've seen off this site show that people love Infinite and how he acts lol.

You underestimate how easily entertained people are.

I mean, this very thread is full of people who wanted to like Infinite and got super hyped for him, but felt incredibly let down by what the game ultimately did with him.

• Thumbs Up 6
  • Nice Smile 1

4 minutes ago, Soniman said:

I htink the worst part is that this was a perfect plot cupon of Eggman finally taking over the world, they fucking SQUANDERED it and well never get like something like this ever again.

This fucking BLOWS man.

I doubt this. I mean how many times have we done both time travel and Eggman unleashing a God monster plot? I'd wager Sonic team do something like this again down the road.

1 hour ago, Diogenes said:

Okay we're both aware that the series' main villain is a guy named Dr. Eggman, right? You're not supposed to take everything all that seriously. [...]

"I'll get fat from eating your black hearts, you Eggman wannabes!"
"I will burn your worlds, you rebellious scum! I will destroy everything you love and make you watch! I'll... I'll... I'll..."
"As long as I can still strangle a Zeti, my hands are fine."

You can depending on how he's written.

1 hour ago, Diogenes said:

[...] If you think Pontac and Graff don't let Sonic get mad or sad you haven't actually been paying attention. It's like their actual writing gets buried under a hundred memers shouting "baldy mcnosehair!" Sonic's shown more genuine emotion under their pen than he had in most of the series up to that point.

"*goofy music* They're gonna turn Tails into a robot. That's horrible. *mildly inconvenienced*"

Lost World definitely has it's moments, but sometimes it feels a bit unbalanced. @Roger_van_der_weide nailed it with his take on it, as all the tension drops off towards the end.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Nice Smile 1

3 minutes ago, Super Mechanio said:

I mean, this very thread is full of people who wanted to like Infinite and got super hyped for him, but felt incredibly let down by what the game ultimately did with him.

This site is also filled with people who have been very bitter about the series for years and expected nothing to begin with.

As crazy as it sounds, some people actually like this kind of stuff from Sonic....I can't for the life of me imagine why, but they do.

3 minutes ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

You say that, but comments I've seen off this site show that people love Infinite and how he acts lol.

Seriously? We're doing this now?

The game gives this feeling of, "oh it was always a war," what with it opening with Sonic rushing to town because Eggman's launched an attack. The narrative treats Sonic's world as if Eggman is just constantly pushing against the forces of good, and when Sonic is out, he just happens to get further than usual. It's played out in the most boring way possible. 

• Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, Jar Jar Analysis 1138 said:

In Unleashed, there were cutscenes of him after the process of releasing Gaia. Colors did do better with Eggman, same with LW.

I disagree. He basically gets humiliated by Sonic once, then sits back for the rest of Unleashed til the very end, only to be humiliated by the monster of the week. Not to mention I don't think we see him reveling in his Eggman land and how his dream came true. Colors he was a total joke no one cared about, as well as in Lost World where he was part of that terrible triangle of Sonic, Tails, and Eggman.

At least in Forces he actually wins, and creates something even Sonic couldn't laugh at as it smoked him twice. In forces it;s believable Eggman could win and be a threat. In everything from Unleashed onward I could never buy he was anything more than a nuisance and nothing else.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm gonna guess that infinite's backstory will be explained in the Shadow DLC. If not then, yikes, Infinite could be the most letdown villain in this series. All that build up for nothing. 

Also, Oc being Boom Sonic originally theory is looking pretty darn possible now. I can't see it being a huge coincidence. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

2 minutes ago, Razule said:

*looks at Silver*

One could say Silver was at least an interesting idea that brought something spicing up the cast (psychic powah). Mephiles (edgy non-Eggman villain #98572093798237), Elise (you know the problem), and now infinite (edgy non-Eggman villain #98572093798238) don't.

3 minutes ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

Damn it, what even is there to say to that.. 

They just don't really need to try, huh. Just.. make it look cool and it's fine. 

Just now, Sonicfan287 said:

Yknow I get that it's funny to mock Sonic 06 for its loading screens or point out some other ridiculous occurrence or troll people about "Big's Big Fishing Adventure" but these are REAL THINGS that happened. They put out mediocre games (or parts of games) and they're joking about it now, yet they fail to see why these things were dumb ideas in the first place and I could definitely see some of the Sonic Forces ridiculous moments being memes in the future and it really makes me wonder if they're just trying to make some ridiculous cheesy stuff because they think that's what we want. 

I sort of mention this thing in a video we did almost two months back.

Spoiler

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1

So how long until Sonic Team declare this game non-cannon?

Spoiler

Oh I know nothing is cannon anymore

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, dbzfan7 said:

I disagree. He basically gets humiliated by Sonic once, then sits back for the rest of Unleashed til the very end, only to be humiliated by the monster of the week. Not to mention I don't think we see him reveling in his Eggman land and how his dream came true. Colors he was a total joke no one cared about, as well as in Lost World where he was part of that terrible triangle of Sonic, Tails, and Eggman.

At least in Forces he actually wins, and creates something even Sonic couldn't laugh at as it smoked him twice.

Forces decided to be even more incomplete with it's story and in general with Eggman. Because of all of the backstory and over-arching narrative, they barely showed anything on any of his process really or how ANYTHING happened. No context.

In Unleashed, we saw how he manifested(awakened) Gaia back into existence and got scenes of him after it. Granted it wasn't a whole lot but it was simple and explained.

Eggmanland is trivial. Not really apart of the main narrative, just the stage set for the final level. Even then, we don't know how Eggman makes half his stuff.

• Thumbs Up 3

Just now, Night on Balding Mountain said:

So how long until this game is declared non-cannon?

I mean, hey, classic Sonic was from the past in Generations, and from an "alternate dimension" in this game - despite it clearly referencing the events of Generations happening.

So I'm sure in the next game, both of these explanations will be completely contradicted and classic Sonic will just be modern Sonic's son or something.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Chuckle 5

30 minutes ago, The Deleter said:

I mean what even happened to Infinite

Where's all this backstory coming from?

Where's the full version of this song?

Where's the boss that this concept art was for?

DIFaX7EXoAAh0Mh.jpg:large&key=879b2d95fa

Why does he have a sword in one of the comics prototype covers?

So7gr0u.jpg&key=b79ba8f193568c212b613e6e

Why did he have two logos, both in trailers centered around him, in the span of mere months?

5LsD0UQ.gif&key=1fed72c2194a27accfe03f31

article_post_width_inf.png&key=d9d7ab044

What

Even

H a p p e n n e d

This is more evidence for three remaining post-game stages to explore him more.

4 minutes ago, Night on Balding Mountain said:

So how long until Sonic Team declare this game non-cannon?

Reveal hidden contents

Oh I know nothing is cannon anymore

Who cares at this point? Not a knock on you but I'm just so fucking apathetic right now. Fuck Sonic. Fuck me. Boo. 

• Nice Smile 1

1 minute ago, Super Mechanio said:

I mean, hey, classic Sonic was from the past in Generations, and from an "alternate dimension" in this game - despite it clearly referencing the events of Generations happening.

So I'm sure in the next game, both of these explanations will be completely contradicted and classic Sonic will just be modern Sonic's son or something.

So what I'm getting from this is, because Forces references Generations it's also non-cannon, but then Mania also isn't. So thanks for that one Sonic Team.

Anyone find it incredibly odd how Unleashed has not gotten a single mention within the continuity? The comics did but not the games...Weird.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Nice Smile 1

15 minutes ago, Night on Balding Mountain said:

I doubt this. I mean how many times have we done both time travel and Eggman unleashing a God monster plot? I'd wager Sonic team do something like this again down the road.

Yeah, but this was the first time. Unless it's after a string of good, great, awesome, outstanding games and years later there'll never be the same.. hype (?) for it. Might even be viewed as recycling plots.

3 minutes ago, Super Mechanio said:

I'm honestly starting to think they don't even look back at their past scripts for games when they write a new one... I mean, more power to them, I guess. There doesn't nessecarily need to be a continuity with this type of game. The games could be as simple as Sonic is trying to defeat Robotnik for whatever reason and thats it. They complicate it by trying to give each game a specific story in a way that fans try to tie it to other games. Granted, Colors and Generations do reference each other but that was largely unneeded. I actually found Colors' story (at least the premise for it) to be a nice, simple narrative to move things along. It was remiscent of the old days of "stop robotnik from turning the animals into robots" except with wisps and an amusement park setting. It worked well and they were able to get some good original ideas out of it level wise. This game has a convoluted story but a definite lack of variety level wise

• Thumbs Up 2

11 minutes ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

Doing what? 

I was miffed at the moment and misconstrued things. My bad.

Still, this is a cartoon series at the end of the day. With deliberately over-the-top characters, and a "rule of cool" style since inception. You can't blame someone for being "easily entertained" when the entire appeal of the series is specifically that, at the end of the day.

Argue for nuance, sure. But don't drag others through the mud in the same breath, when they're drawn to the series for those exact things they want.

Just now, Miragnarok said:

This is more evidence for three remaining post-game stages to explore him more.

Good luck with that, I guess... I'm done holding out hope, thank you very much.