Awoo.

Sonic Forces SPOILER Thread

Ellipsis-Ultima

4 minutes ago, superman43 said:

Am I the only one who thinks that Mario Odyssey is just a little bit better than Sonic Forces ? By that I mean, I find both underwhelming.

Having not yet completed Odyssey, I think it's a good game but disappointing. 

Having seen almost the entirety of Forces, I think it's a rubbish game and disappointing.

• Thumbs Up 2

5 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

Having seen almost the entirety of Forces, I think it's a rubbish game and disappointing.

Yes, but the key point is they are both disappointing. And from what I have seen Odyssey isn´t even close to being Mario.

14 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

Don’t want to make this off topic, but what is making Odyssey disappointing for you?

Forces I get what you mean, I like the more modern games but frustrated that Sega did fuck all to improve the formula in 4 years.

1 minute ago, Mark1 said:

Don’t want to make this off topic, but what is making Odyssey disappointing for you?

Forces I get what you mean, I like the more modern games but frustrated that Sega did fuck all to improve the formula in 4 years.

See my status update. Let's not derail this thread.

53 minutes ago, superman43 said:

Am I the only one who thinks that Mario Odyssey is just a little bit better than Sonic Forces ? By that I mean, I find both underwhelming.

Wow...I disagree with you completely. Are we really stooping this low? Super Mario Odyssey is 10 times the game Sonic Forces wishes it could be! 

I mean sure, the game may not be a 10/10 from what I’ve played so far, but to even compare it to the low quality of Sonic Forces is laughable honestly. At least Mario Odyssey has better gameplay and more charm. And rolling physics!

• Thumbs Up 6

28 minutes ago, Indigo Rush said:

This. This all the way to the proverbial exploded moon and back.

I'm not buying this game because I don't support it. I don't support the gameplay style, the story tone, the director, the level designer, and I don't support Sonic Team after all of this. 

But most importantly, I'm sitting this one out because I respect myself. I already played the best Sonic game in over a decade, and I've clocked in nearly 100 hours into it, and I'm still not done having my fill. I'll support THAT team instead. I don't need Sonic Forces. I'm happy. I'm content. And I'm not going to waste my money on this. 

Just cancel your pre orders while you can.

Well said man.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Gabz Girl said:

Wow...I disagree with you completely. Are we really stooping this low? Super Mario Odyssey is 10 times the game Sonic Forces wishes it could be! 

I mean sure, the game may not be a 10/10 from what I’ve played so far, but to even compare it to the low quality of Sonic Forces is laughable honestly. At least Mario Odyssey has better gameplay and more charm. And rolling physics!

Yes, sorry. The only obvious thing I want to say is that at the end of the day I would play Heroes over Mario Odyssey or Forces all the time. (Or Mania)

If you just absolutely cannot avoid playing this game but aren't convinced you'll like it, then please don't put down the full asking price and just redbox it. The three bucks you feed to the beast will not go in full to SEGA, and it's short enough that you can get your fill in a day. You play the game, they don't get the kind of money they want or expect.

• Thumbs Up 4

1 minute ago, CleverSonicUsername said:

If you just absolutely cannot avoid playing this game but aren't convinced you'll like it, then please don't put down the full asking price and just redbox it. The three bucks you feed to the beast will not go in full to SEGA, and it's short enough that you can get your fill in a day. You play the game, they don't get the kind of money they want or expect.

That or buy a pre owned copy of the game from your local video game store. The price will probably go down considerably too within a month or so if the game doesn’t do well. 

I still want to play this and give it a chance, but I’m not giving Sega any of my money. Even with the low and affordable price! 

• Thumbs Up 7

I want to play Forces, because as someone who's so deeply interested in Sonic games and how they work it's something that I can't pass up. How would I talk about Forces and what it does for the series for years to come without actually passing the whole game myself? Especially when it's such a prime example of everything wrong with the series at the moment. I need to pay the game to fully understand it. I simply won't pay full price for it though. I'll just get it pre-owned, because I do not want to support such a product.

• Thumbs Up 9

Not sure if you all were aware of this, but the streamer from before is online again. The stream's not loading for me now, for whatever reason, but he's apparently just hopping around different stages so people can listen to and record the music.

Edit: Not sure if this was known before, but you only get one chance at SOS missions; if you die, the mission fails. There's a special fail music like the Unleashed E-rank music for this event, too!

Edited by A_W

15 minutes ago, A_W said:

Edit: Not sure if this was known before, but you only get one chance at SOS missions; if you die, the mission fails. There's a special fail music like the Unleashed E-rank music for this event, too!

I pointed it out about 20 pages ago lol XD It’s just a little jingle, but I’m so happy the fail music is back! I missed it. 

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, Gabz Girl said:

I pointed it out about 20 pages ago lol XD It’s just a little jingle, but I’m so happy the fail music is back! I missed it. 

Oh, sorry I missed that!

Streamer's now trying to find a place without ambient noise in Ghost Town. Does this track sound vaguely... Mega Man-y to anyone else?

13 hours ago, GuyWithThePie said:

Just yesterday someone was attacking me over my thoughts on that screenshot with the five speed boosters in a row.

They said I was probably only getting my opinion from "internet funnymen" like Egoraptor and such. When I responded with" I can form my own opinions, you know" they were all like "No, I don't believe you" and went on a huge rant, making fun of my age and because I sometimes play games like ROBLOX.

This is just one of many examples. I've been called "autistic" and been told to kill myself (Not in a completely serious way, but still) just because I dislike the level design of a video game. These people are insane. I'm sure not all of them are like this, but that's what most of my encounters with them have been like.

I will admit that I have said some pretty immature things about this game, and I do apologize for them. But this is just getting insane. It'll be a long time before the fanbase recovers from this game, if it ever does.

I have nothing against those who simply enjoy this game. You're free to do so. But once you resort to ad hominem and threats, you've lost all my respect.

You probably already know this, but what they are doing is much more immature than what your doing. Your just stating an opinion and they're getting upset AND trying to bring you down for no reason taking it way too personally...that is much easier to do than just say "oh whatever, its just a game bruh"

• Thumbs Up 1

38 minutes ago, Dannymax440 said:

I'm still excited for the game. I know there problems but I'm optimistic it'll get a good score, just not Mania's level.

Why do you want a mediocre at best game to get a good score?

44 minutes ago, A_W said:

Oh, sorry I missed that!

Streamer's now trying to find a place without ambient noise in Ghost Town. Does this track sound vaguely... Mega Man-y to anyone else?

I've been patiently waiting for this to be ripped. Been bumping to that song ever since I heard it.

Also, I think we might be onto something here, haha:

• Thumbs Up 1

Sad for the people who didn't care for Mania like me ( :P ), who got NOTHING satisfying. "At least there is Mania", well, I don't care about Mania, and I thought it was a disappoinment too. Imo, we haven't got anything so fantastic for Sonic yet, Sonic is not back. Sonic will never back if the teams keep releasing incomplete games. Thought Mania was a masterpiece? Well, it could be even better.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1

13 hours ago, LongcrierCat said:

And for what it's worth, as defensive as the Pro Forces base got, it never was as bad as the condescension to them. Okay? 

Where on earth are you getting this metric? I always found it the opposite for me. (Also saying "its shit bro lol" is perfectly fine, not in depth or anything but its a good way to say what you think quickly in 4 words so there's nothing wrong with it.)

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, Joseph Henry said:

Sad for the people who didn't care for Mania like me ( :P ), who got NOTHING satisfying. "At least there is Mania", well, I don't care about Mania, and I thought it was a disappoinment too. Imo, we haven't got anything so fantastic for Sonic yet, Sonic is not back. Sonic will never back if the teams keep releasing incomplete games. Thought Mania was a masterpiece? Well, it could be even better.

I haven't finished Mania yet, but I still agree that yes, it could have been better. Yet, there's no denying that those guys understand classic Sonic, they know what makes it tick. And that's more than what the current Sonic Team can say about Sonic in general.

• Thumbs Up 4

11 minutes ago, Tarnish said:

Why do you want a mediocre at best game to get a good score?

I'm not asking for a 90%. More of a 65-75 at best.

Hey guys... can someone give me a link to the Forces streams? I literally can't find anything but the first 1 hour stream and the 1 hour ending video.

And here's an unpopular one... I actually like Sonic Forces so far. It's not quite mediocre or amazing at all, but it's the good-great range. I even like the gameplay. Sonic's had worse, anyways. I haven't seen everything yet, so ig it might change once I see the remaining streams.