Awoo.

Sonic Forces SPOILER Thread

Ellipsis-Ultima

3 minutes ago, Razule said:

Locked in cell =/= torture

Unless they didn't feed him or something

To quote Tails in Unleashed:

"I'm sure Eggman is feeding him. Even he's not that cruel."

Guess they forgot what character they were writing ten years later, huh?

• Thumbs Up 2

Is it bad that the only thing that actually bothers me is those time skips? At least give us a montage of Eggman having a blast taking over, or something.

1 minute ago, APC_Cipher said:

Wasn't able to watch the stream, was Infinite present before Sonic was captured / tortured, or do we not know? 

Infinite's introduced right after the first stage, at which point Sonic's captured.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Yeow said:

EIELzvB.png

Presented without comment.

What...

WHAT???!!

WHAT???!!!!

CROCS??? RREALLY???

Spoiler

That's it!!! I'm done with this game!!!

Just now, Celestia said:

Is it bad that the only thing that actually bothers me is those time skips?

Context requires money

Yeah, that torture line is weird. I wonder if that'll be in the Japanese version, because all it seems like that he just imprisoned Sonic, considering how chipper Sonic is.

1 minute ago, Celestia said:

Is it bad that the only thing that actually bothers me is those time skips? At least give us a montage of Eggman having a blast taking over, or something.

THIS!!!! Apparently the guys at sonic team forgot one of the golden rules of storytelling: Show don’t tell.

• Thumbs Up 5

this is showing pretty well why I never liked the "Eggman has conquered the world" setup the comics had in the first place. I was hoping the games would manage it better, and it kind of is, but not nearly enough. It's a setup that forces you to this situation- Eggman has caught Sonic, and tortured him for months. Why? Because you can't have him kill Sonic, but you can't have him do nothing either. He can't NOT have captured Sonic since otherwise it makes no sense he's conquered the world, either. In the end, "he tortured Sonic" is genuinely the only way out, and by the point you've written yourself to that corner, it's evidence it's a dumb idea. It's taking the escalation to a point where the whole character dynamics of Eggman just can't work.

Ah well.

• Thumbs Up 2

Credit where it's due. Using the lost world runner course and bumpers in the infinite fight make for a decent mix.

Holy shit, Liam O' Brian does a great job interpreting Infinite's absurd character, I kinda wanna see more of him LOL

I'm going to upload the Sonic tortured soon guys as it's apparently not actual torture but Eggman wanting to show Sonic his completed empire in his face. In fact Sonic is just about to be banished into space like in SA2.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Promotion 1

1 minute ago, Ryusuke said:

Yeah, that torture line is weird. I wonder if that'll be in the Japanese version, because all it seems like that he just imprisoned Sonic, considering how chipper Sonic is.

I could have sworn it was mentioned that the script for both english and japanese wouldn't be that different.

2 minutes ago, ZinogreVolt said:

Holy shit, Liam O' Brian does a great job interpreting Infinite's absurd character, I kinda wanna see more of him LOL

Where? 

2 minutes ago, Celestia said:

Yo I would've LOVED to have seen a montage of Dr Eggman laughing maniacally while destroying buildings (and innocent people?!) with his Bots and Infinite. It's edgy, but Sonic Forces is edgy already so it works! 

Now I'm sad. D:

• Thumbs Up 5

1 minute ago, Jetronic said:

I could have sworn it was mentioned that the script for both english and japanese wouldn't be that different.

Was it? Guess I missed an interview.

5 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

What's the gameplay like?

For the stages we've not seen.

From almost everyone, they say it's Colors without the wisps.

You know, the torture line isn't too out place.

I mean, it's not the first time Eggman has threatened to kill someone (Hi Crazy Gadget)

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, ShadowSJG said:

Where? 

I think the scenes that specifically get me are his first encounter with the Avatar and encounter with Sonic in Luminous Jungle.

Just now, Celestia said:

Infinite's introduced right after the first stage, at which point Sonic's captured.

Alright, that's what I thought. 

I'm betting that after Eggman found the Phantom Ruby, he tortured Sonic and experimented on him with it. The result was creating another "Ultimate Lifeform" / Sonic clone, this time powered by the Phantom Ruby, known as Infinite, that's been brainwashed to be loyal to only Eggman. 

I mean, his theme kind of backs that up:

"Cause I've been up against better / Just take a look at my face"

"Cause I was born in this pain / It only hurts if you let it"

"This pain persists, I can't resist / But that's what it takes to be Infinite"

Watch as this is actually right.