Awoo.

Sonic Forces SPOILER Thread

Ellipsis-Ultima

It's interesting how Unleashed had separate daytime and nighttime level designers, whereas Forces literally has more playstyles than it has level designers.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Chuckle 2

That explains a lot indeed. Less level designers than Sonic Colours and Sonic Lost World even, dayum. This is sad. 

Speaking of levels, I don’t think I gave my opinion on those yet. They are incredibly lacklustre. Sonic Colours had less stages, yet each of them made an impact and looked unique. The stages here are far from unique and they lack...something. Some kind of cool set piece I guess? I know there’s the QTE moments but come on. Don’t even get me started on the rehashing, good Lord.

• Thumbs Up 6

1 minute ago, Limit Breaker Diamond said:

I mean, Unleashed had the same ammount.

Yeah and they were inexperienced in Forces case 

• Thumbs Up 1

Well then looks like it was a lie about the team that brought us Colors and Generations were doing Forces, but they make the lead designer someone who did freaking Lost World like seriously?

• Thumbs Up 3

4 minutes ago, Limit Breaker Diamond said:

I mean, Unleashed had the same ammount.

According to those credits images above, Unleashed had three level designers per gameplay style (plus a lead).  Forces has three total for four gameplay styles.

• Thumbs Up 5

Record:
Jyunpei Ootsu - Black Knight, Secret Rings, Lost World, Runners

Shoko Kamiya - Mario and Sonic at Sochi Olympics

Yuya Setogawa - ...

Great work, Sonic Team !

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Chuckle 3

Just now, FFWF said:

According to those credits images above, Unleashed had three level designers per gameplay style (plus a lead).  Forces has three total for four gameplay styles.

I was reffering to the daylight stages. The gameplay styles aren't that different in this game.

See stuff like this is why I'm wary of the idea that "they just need fresh blood"

Granted, they're still working under Kishimoto, director of Lost World, Colors, and the storybook games, and lead game designer for the latter half

http://sonic.wikia.com/wiki/Morio_Kishimoto

But what good is new talent if they aren't helmed by someone who knows what they're doing with the series in the first place? Or... they just flat-out aren't a good fit for Sonic?

• Thumbs Up 9

1 minute ago, Limit Breaker Diamond said:

I was reffering to the daylight stages. The gameplay styles aren't that different in this game.

If you'll forgive the pun, I rather think that Modern and Classic are like night and day...

Kinda feels like a lot of people left the team in the last few years (I wouldn't blame 'em after seeing Boom), assuming they aren't busy with something else.

• Thumbs Up 1

So do we know anything about an exodus from Sonic Team or something like that? This all seems really weird. It's like the place got gutted.

Just now, Zippo said:

No fucking way.

I am fucking convinced they are working on something else already.

There's no just no way they aren't.

Well.. that's generally how it is. They supposedly started Forces soon after SLoW, as it did soon after Generations.

Hopefully they'll use this time.. to RE-THINK EVERYTHING THEY'RE DOING.

1 minute ago, Zippo said:

No fucking way.

Same this is really sketchy now learning of this here, just what are they doing? Why would they not pick one of the two lead designers of Colors and Generations for Forces...?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Zippo said:

No fucking way.

And before looking at the reception of forces, they get too far along in development and whatever they're making sucks because they counted their chickens before they hatched.

• Thumbs Up 5

Just now, Zippo said:

No fucking way.

With Sonic Forces low price and how little content there is in the actual game, it makes sense. I said this the other day but this entire game feels like a filler title.

Or maybe this is all there is.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Zippo said:

No fucking way.

Maybe. There is the Sonic the Hedgehog movie in 2 years.

How long are we going to keep this up, though? Didn't we say the same thing back when Lost World released?

4 minutes ago, The Deleter said:

Maybe. There is the Sonic the Hedgehog movie in 2 years.

The live action/CGI mix? Oh god, can't wait to see how well that turns out..