Awoo.

Sonic Unleashed/Generations font used

aquaz

From the looks of it, it looks like its in the Syntax font family. It is difficult to identify which one exactly because it is likely that Sonic Team made some modifications to them. Compare the below picture with what you see in those images to the letters in the image you posted in the OP to see if you agree. 

SyntaxBold.gif

However, my eyes are not perfect so I also ran it through a website called Identifont, which allows you to tell the website's software what the appearance of the font is and it will tell you a bunch of fonts that they likely are in. The closest result it pulled up was Briem Academic Oblique. Again, look at the picture below, look at the letters in the OP, and see if you agree with this one instead.

BriemAkademiObl.gif

I am going to try a few other things but I hope this helps for now.

• Thumbs Up 1

This time I tried a website called Fontspring which has something called the Macherator that can analyze images and come up with the fonts used in them. I had to do extensive editing to get the website to scan the images correctly. Here's what I put in:

6CxQLXB.png

I know, its pretty crappy, but its what I had to do to get the job done.

The result I got from that is Hallock Bold Italics, which looks like below:

hallock_bold_italic_characters_485255.gi

Pretty close, don't you think?

• 3 years later...