Awoo.

Should SEGA get a new Sonic Team all together? Warning: Possible Forces Spoilers

RedFox99

YeaaAah.... I would kinda like a new Sonic Team. However I think the only main thing really needed is to replace the heads of Sonic Team and maybe leave them in smaller roles on the games. Honestly I would like to see Team Mania put in charge of a fully 3D Sonic game as directors and see what they could do at least once.

• Thumbs Up 1

I do wonder how Christian Whitehead feels when (if?) he sees these posts suggesting that he be put in charge of Sonic Team.  Personally, I feel that's rather premature.  Give him and his team a bigger-budget 2D game to work on, by all means, but expecting his magic touch to instantly fix 3D Sonic with no preparation or evidence seems precipitous.

• Thumbs Up 8
  • Fist Bump 1

Whitehead is a fantastic programmer and such, but his specialty lies in classic 2D Sonic. With all due respect, who's to say he would even know the first thing about making a 3D Sonic game?

Not that I wouldn't gladly give him a shot, though...

I've had more fun with Mania's 3D special stages than most anything "3D" that Sonic Team's put out, so there's that.

• Thumbs Up 1

I heard somewhere that he was testing out a 3d engine for a new project.

I wanna say yes to a new Sonic Team but..I dunno, I think it’s the heads at Sonic Team that need replacing rather than ALL the staff that works there under their orders. Bring back the lead designers from Generations for a start!

• Thumbs Up 2

On October 29, 2017 at 10:26 AM, Korke said:

Boom has kinda traumatized the fans, leading to the common thought that "Sonic outside SoJ will always be trash".

After all the 'apologies' made by SEGA, Forces is a clear insult to every Sonic fan. It's time to un-do this fear of a Sonic without ST/SoJ.

Boom was not done by Sega. Boom also had a development where it was meddled and Nintendo wanted it to be an exclusive(I think they told them this last minute or something).

Boom might be a bad game but it's unfair to judge the series because of this title. 

Forces is an "insult". What does that even mean? That the game dumbs itself down as to be a means of an insult to our intellect?

8 hours ago, Gabz Girl said:

I wanna say yes to a new Sonic Team but..I dunno, I think it’s the heads at Sonic Team that need replacing rather than ALL the staff that works there under their orders. Bring back the lead designers from Generations for a start!

I think that clarification is implied when most people say "clear house." The levels are competently programmed, it's their concepts and layouts that are the problems. 

9 hours ago, Jar Jar Analysis 1138 said:

Boom was not done by Sega. Boom also had a development where it was meddled and Nintendo wanted it to be an exclusive(I think they told them this last minute or something).

Boom might be a bad game but it's unfair to judge the series because of this title.

RoL ended up the way it did entirely because of Sega of Japan, though.  Sega struck a deal with Nintendo for Nintendo to publish its next few Sonic titles in exchange for exclusivity (because obviously they can't entice Nintendo into paying for something to appear on someone else's console).  Sega wanted RoL to fall under this deal, so they at what amounted to the last minute (in development terms) told Big Red Button to shift development to the Wii U.  It's worth noting that the rest of the games published by Nintendo under this deal would've been Nintendo-exclusive anyway; Sega was just trying to penny-pinch by packing one more game into the deal, without regard for how difficult this would be for the developers.  Of course, that's not even getting into recent revelations about how Sega nixed a lot of the developers' ideas and ordered them to conform to the TV show canon and designs halfway through.

• Thumbs Up 5

If Forces reviews poorly, then as I've said, its developers should either resign or ask to be reassigned to a different team. If they have any respect for the franchise, that is.