Awoo.

I need help getting away from my extreme boycotting behavior

avidsonicfan1991

I have been an irregular viewer of CollegeHumor, and since a few years ago, I have also been watching one of its productions "Adam Ruins Everything". I have been loyal to it..... until I saw a YouTube video from user Rags bashing the show about video games and gender stereotyping. Once I saw Rags call "bullshit" on Adam's statement that "We see video games as exclusively for boys" and even calling him an idiot for not researching (personally, I see that as him saying "You're the worst person ever and you need to fucking die"), I got really scared. Does that mean I need to boycott the show and it's owner now?

Do I need to completely boycott CollegeHumor for the rest of my life all because of the lack of research the show did on the video game subject?!?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• avidsonicfan1991

• Shaddy Zaphod

• Zaysho

• Tara

Popular Days

What the hell even are your threads, dude.

Why is your first instinct upon being presented with any misfortune to take an extremist stance and completely rethink the way you operate over something that is ultimately probably meaningless?

Watch the things you enjoy. Learn whether they're right or wrong, but don't throw everything away just because someone who made something you liked isn't perfect. And dear god, learn to calm down. Everything I see you post reads like you're weighing the value of your own life on it or something.

Guess what?

Phil Fish is a pretentious, elitist asshole. I still enjoyed playing FEZ.

Jon Jafari said "anti-racist is slang for anti-white". He fucking interviewed with Breitbart. The guy is on his way to becoming alt-right But his videos? Damn it all, they're still funny.

I don't even know how you'd boycott a youtube video anyway. Just turn on adblock or something if you don't want him to get your ad revenue.

Oh for the love of...

The short answer is: no.

The longer answer is you need to stop questioning your status as a fan of things when one thing randomly shakes your views. I think your time would be better spent actually examining things like this and make up your own mind. You don't need to "boycott." If you can conclude the content actually isn't any good you can... just stop watching and move on with your life. If you still like it, that's fine too, but there's noting wrong with broadening your views and seeing other sides. Either of these are totally normal and you don't need to worry if your views don't totally align with popular opinion or whatever.

And, personally, I'd appreciate it if you can stop making topics where you need people to reaffirm your personal views and convincing you to like something that's popular that you don't actually like.

10 minutes ago, Shaddy the guy said:

What the hell even are your threads, dude.

Why is your first instinct upon being presented with any misfortune to take an extremist stance and completely rethink the way you operate over something that is ultimately probably meaningless?

Watch the things you enjoy. Learn whether they're right or wrong, but don't throw everything away just because someone who made something you liked isn't perfect. And dear god, learn to calm down. Everything I see you post reads like you're weighing the value of your own life on it or something.

Guess what?

Phil Fish is a pretentious, elitist asshole. I still enjoyed playing FEZ.

Jon Jafari said "anti-racist is slang for anti-white". He fucking interviewed with Breitbart. The guy is on his way to becoming alt-right But his videos? Damn it all, they're still funny.

I don't even know how you'd boycott a youtube video anyway. Just turn on adblock or something if you don't want him to get your ad revenue.

First of all, you posted the same thing twice. Second, I don't like being given this reputation of being bad, just like what you just did! I especially don't like it when someone hates me by referring to something I wrote long ago!!!

10 minutes ago, Shaddy the guy said:

4 minutes ago, avidsonicfan1991 said:

I don't like being given this reputation of being bad, just like what you just did!

can't give you, or anyone else here, a bad rep. That's something you bring upon yourself. Trying to blame the repercussions of your actions on other people like this is a pretty quick way to do that, though.

1 minute ago, avidsonicfan1991 said:

I especially don't like it when someone hates me by referring to something I wrote long ago!!!

First, nobody hates you. I'm getting kind of annoyed by the constant alarmist attitude, but you've hardly posted enough for anyone to hate you. That's all projection on your part. 

Second, "long ago"? You've been here a month. You posted a thread pretty much exactly like this two days ago.

4 minutes ago, Shaddy the guy said:

You posted a thread pretty much exactly like this two days ago.

Why does everybody always keep track of what I'm doing?!?!??

• The topic was locked