Awoo.

Why.. why are you still Sonic fan?

A235

Honestly, I'm still a Sonic fan because of the comics and the community. As for the games, well, they became squeaky-clean Mario wannabes (Not that Mario is necessarily bad, It's just that the SonicXMario blend doesn't work well in my opinion) after Generations, and Forces failed, so Sega will probably continue in that direction, and we probably will get another Green Hill: The Game....

Oops, gone a bit off track here... Well, I'm also here because I've got nothing better to obsess over. 

Because...

I'm growing up, my life changed a lot during these past years, my parents are changing, the people around me, everything is changing, I'm opening up, meeting new people, I'm doing things I never thought I would in the past, and also what happens in the world, it's all scary, it takes a lot to be brave for me and actually do things, sometimes I do it easily, sometimes I need a spin, sometimes I just can't, but I have to. I feel scared because everything is changing, as I said, and when I'm alone and discouraged, I see him... you are my constant, Sonic, my star that is in ever movement yet always there for me, since I was a kid, he didn't change, he's always impulsive, doesn't think much, positive, ironic, in his never ending search for adventure. I'm grateful I've got to be a fan, he gave me a lot, taught me a lot, he is an inspiration for me even at this age; and I know I'm being way too deep about a cartoon hedgehog but this is who I am. He means a lot to me, he was my friend when no one else was, now thankfully I have friends and I'm making new experiences.

And I love all the characters, they are like family to me, I grew up with them, but Sonic in particular, he's special. I'll never stop loving Sonic.

If certain games are good, that's all I need. Part of is because I love certain games in the series still, and the other reason is that I grew up with this franchise. I played Sonic Adventure on the dreamcast, which was the very first game I ever played. I grew up watching Sonic SATAM, and later X. I was a complete  dork and had nothing  but Sonic music on my Ipod to jam out to, that's how obsessed I was with Sonic. 

I think the fact that this is the only fanbase I actually interacted with and played a huge role in my life from 2011-2014 stems from why I'll never lose interest in Sonic completely. Once something plays a big role in your life, it's hard to ever truly let it die. The Sonic series will always hold a very special place in my heart, regardless of its very terrible flaws.

• Thumbs Up 1

It seems for me, even if I actually try, it's hard for me to let go of Sonic completely. I've lost most of my hope for the games, for while I don't think the opprotunity to recover is lost, I do think Sonic Team no longer has the talent to recover properly, assuming they ever had it in the first place.

So why I am I still something resembling a fan? Honestly, I'm mostly looking forward to the IDW comics. It's a shame Archie Sonic had to go, but I have enough faith in the creative team that they'll at least produce something fun to read. Which is more than I can say for Sonic Team.

Plus, I can't seem to bring myself to leave the characters entirely, for there are still many things I love about them, and it never hurts to at least look at where their stories go.

But really, now, IDW has my attention, and honestly, I can't help but feel they have a better idea of what they're doing than Sonic Team does. Agree or disagree, but that's how I feel, and I hope if nobody else, I can look to them for entertaining Sonic media.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/3/2017 at 6:10 AM, Swing said:

Their are a lot of people that got invested in Sonic because of that. The presentation is it what make Sonic so popular and because of that I always wondered why Sega still uses Sonic almost for nothing else than games? If story, characters, look and presentation in general are the driving forces for this franchise why do not make a cartoon character instead like Mickey Mouse or Bugs Bunny? 

Umm, Are you not aware of the Archie Sonic comics, Sonic the comics, Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic X, and Sonic Satam? He's already been a game, comic book and anime character. He was also in the Wreck-It Ralph movie.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

You can't just quit Sonic and go to Mario... Mario's concept do not feel the same at all, and Mario feels atrocious to me, and heck, they play entirely different.

And the reason why we're still Sonic fans is because he has character development and substance, unlike Mario. And I get it. he's been around longer and has more games that has barely failed anyone. Hell I was a Mario fan before Sonic, and I still am. but character wise? He has no personality whatsoever. No one wants to leave a good franchise and go to someone that only says "It'sa me, Mario!". Like, can you say anything else other than your name? He says other things too, but they're never complete sentences. And it's just like what The Ghetto Demigod said: Mario is a bland character. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Because Sonic has  been the first game I ever played. Sonic reminds me a lot of good feels. My childhood, lovely cute moments. Goold Old Time :,)