Awoo.

Why did a level designer write the story for Sonic Forces?

Badnik Mechanic

4 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Uh no? You can discuss a story director not being an actual writer without spoilers? Or if you are, at least place them into a spoiler tag? Or is it alright to place unmarked spoilers into the Odyssey topic, majority of Mania topics, etc etc.

I don't care, the story's been spoiled enough for me, but I know more than enough people who want to avoid Forces spoilers, and making topics designed to discuss Forces that shouldn't have unmarked spoilers and throwing unmarked spoilers into it just means those people are going to be spoiled. Thanks to that - 

Reveal hidden contents

People now know Infinite is ineffective, and has no backstory, and that calls his role into question.

Spoilers in of themselves are fine, but unmarked spoilers aren't. 

The topic is question is about the story though. 

You should avoid any Forces threads completely.

2 minutes ago, DiamondX said:

The topic is question is about the story though. 

You should avoid any Forces threads completely.

Yes, it's about the story, in that a person who doesn't write stories wrote Forces' story. That's it. If anything, it takes about how people took up roles you wouldn't expect. It isn't discussing story details from Forces, correct? And once again, it's not A. Stated to be a spoiler topic, and B. There's a reason this board has a spoiler tag functionality. There is a button to place in the tag itself. Two seconds of effort for a spoiler tag.

Just because this is a Forces topic doesn't suddenly mean the board rules on spoilers should suddenly vanish. If anything, it should be common courtesy to place these things into spoiler tags.  

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Yes, it's about the story, in that a person who doesn't write stories wrote Forces' story. That's it. If anything, it takes about how people took up roles you wouldn't expect. It isn't discussing story details from Forces, correct? And once again, it's not A. Stated to be a spoiler topic, and B. There's a reason this board has a spoiler tag functionality. There is a button to place in the tag itself. Two seconds of effort for a spoiler tag.

Just because this is a Forces topic doesn't suddenly mean the board rules on spoilers should suddenly vanish. If anything, it should be common courtesy to place these things into spoiler tags.  

I'm not saying you're wrong.

I'm just saying you should avoid anything Forces related to keep the ammount of spoilers you get as little as possible.

While most people went blind on Mania and barely anyone spoiled the game, here it's the opposite. Some members even spoiled stuff in the statuses.

11 minutes ago, DiamondX said:

I'm just saying you should avoid anything Forces related to keep the ammount of spoilers you get as little as possible.

While most people went blind on Mania and barely anyone spoiled the game, here it's the opposite. Some members even spoiled stuff in the statuses.

Spoiler

Diamond, no offence but I don't need you to tell me how to avoid spoilers, I've done it enough, I've already been spoiled on the game. It doesn't change the fact that this isn't a spoiler topic and that people can easily walk into this topic and get spoiled. Yes, people spoiled stuff in statuses and topics, and the mods cracked down and began delivering strikes for spoiling shit like that. It's no different here, this isn't a spoiler topic, that makes untagged spoilers unwarranted. I really don't understand what you're not getting about this. 

This is going off topic, so let's stop here. 

-Off topic stuff in the spoiler tag-

On topic, I don't see why this is that huge a deal? Like sure, obviously I would prefer an actual writer who's job it is to be a writer (*cough*ian flynn*cough*), but Remy did show there's things to prove he's worked on event scenes before and such. And in Game Development, people tend to move around roles a bit. Like there's story issues here, but there was an actual attempt at least, and some of the dialogue I've heard have actually got me invested into things as opposed to being bored like Gens or Colours, so I'll take that. 

22 minutes ago, DiamondX said:

Then the fault lies them for when they get rightfully reported and suffer the consequences for being so distrustful and disrespectful. 

If they can't be nice enough to follow the rules,  no matter what status, rank or staff position one may hold,  no one is above the rules and regulations. 

I edited the post in question and added a spoiler tag. Please keep spoilers out of topics that aren't marked as such.

also next time please report instead of derailing the topic like this.

• Thumbs Up 1

Seems like they would rather keep the same workers like a circle jerk mode instead of hiring new people. I wonder why...