Awoo.

What would your idea for a Forces mod be?

Sgt Nate V

I've only got a few words here... a few of you probably recognize them...

"Hello and welcome to Sonic Forces. Be my guest, another day another try. But remember! SHOOT! OR! DIE! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

Spoiler

Answer: Anyone of you ever played Turrican?

Change the Avatar into Ratchet, or make a Lombax Avatar race. I dunno, a Ratchet & Clank mod of some kind.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'd say porting Generations/Unleashed levels to Forces (because it'd be nice to have some good level design in this game), but that's probably impossible due to Forces' engine missing out on some things from past games like the drift and probably several level gimmicks.

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Promotion 2

12 minutes ago, Sean said:

I'd say porting Generations/Unleashed levels to Forces (because it'd be nice to have some good level design in this game), but that's probably impossible due to Forces' engine missing out on some things from past games like the drift and probably several level gimmicks.

Can they do the reverse and port Forces levels into Gens/Unleashed?

A mod that gets rid of all speed boosters, a lot less springs, removes Classic sonics speed cap, and makes bosses actually challenging. I would say get rid of the QTE parts but that might be impossible due to level design.

• Thumbs Up 2

This is going to sound just dumb, but I'd say replace the Wispons with the guns from ShadowTH. While that game is an undeniable piece of crap, the one thing it did right was it's weapons. Admit it, you want to tear through Eggman's mechs with a Gatling gun.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 6

crash bandicoot levels because lololololol linear joke

but honestly, crash in sonic forces would be really cool and unintentionally hilarious at the same time.

• Thumbs Up 2

To further expand on my first post in this thread, I see a mod for the OC that adds the gun and suit from Turrican. Both combined will throw in a few gameplay mechanics from Turrican, such as powerups.

22 minutes ago, KHCast said:

I wouldn't play it. But it's probably more feasible than the reverse situation.

• Thumbs Up 1

38 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Would Sega be okay with this?

I know they usually let the modding community do whatever they want, but I can't imagine they'd be alright with people experiencing Forces' content without actually having to purchase the game itself.

I always figured Generations' Unleashed project was alright since you can't purchase Unleashed on pc, meaning the mod's existence doesn't actually detract from any potential sales within that market.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Clewis said:

Would Sega be okay with this?

I know they usually let the modding community do whatever they want, but I can't imagine they'd be alright with people experiencing Forces' content without actually having to purchase the game itself.

I always figured Generations' Unleashed project was alright since you can't purchase Unleashed on pc, meaning the mod's existence doesn't actually detract from any potential sales within that market.

That, and by the time The Unleashed Project was a thing SEGA had already delisted Sonic Unleashed anyways.

Level mods, with stages from the Adventure games, Heroes, Shadow (Sky Troops and Westopolis would be perfect in this game), and maybe like another Unleashed Project... or maybe a Generations Project!

Gut its boost physics and lighting engine and make them mods for Generations. Everything else, right down to the fucking ring sound effects, is a downgrade. 

• Thumbs Up 1