Awoo.

Future mod I planned to make (The Sonic Forces Overhaul mod)

Framerate

So far sonic forces is a little bit dissipointing when it comes to level design and gameplay. This mod adds lots of gameplay value that meets those expectations let's start out with the simple plans.

gameplay: I plan to make the gameplay longer and fun making the game a fun game to play 

1: open based level design for modern sonic and custom avatar.

2: The return of adventure fields that are bigger and fun to explore with shops and missions

3: fully 3d classic sonic levels 

4: choa garden

5: settlement building take the regions in the hub and build settlements to fight back the villains 

6: more avatar customization with body types and more head types

7: more customization 

so so far that's all I got I planned to work on this mod I promise you it won't be dissipointing 

• Nice Smile 1

I know this is a ambitious mod but I do plan to get a team right now I'm just saying this becuase im working on it it will take a long time too make so far just wait and see 

considering that the game isn't officially released on pc yet and the fact that experienced modders still need to break though the Denuvo I'd say maybe just focus on 

1 hour ago, Framerate said:

and thats assuming you know how to make 3D models,program hit boxes,how to apply textures to 3D models,how to make textures,how to extract the files needed to program in the modded models and I'm pretty theres more knowledge needed that I don't know about.

• Thumbs Up 1

Since this is about a fan project, I think it belongs better in Showcase.

As for my opinion on it...uh...radically different level design + 3D classic Sonic + Chao gardens + Adventure fields with missions and stuff = you're basically making a whole new game at this point (and an ambitious one at that!), and it feels like it would basically require a full team of professional game developers who could be making their own game for profit rather than making a ridiculously elaborate hack/fangame for free.

To call this overambitious would be quite an understatement.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Chuckle 1

This isn't only overambitious, it probably wouldn't even be possible to make. While you could remake levels with more open design if you put enough time and effort into it (and I'm sure some other people would like to help you on that front), most of the stuff you listed would require hacking the executable and reprogramming the whole game in a low-level language, which not many people seem to know how to do. In Generations' case, the only exe hacks I've seen are replacing some stuff to add mod support, enabling the old renderer, increasing shadow resolution and removing the ring limit, so programming a whole Chao Garden system is out of the question. Besides, in the 6 years of Generations modding nobody has even figured how to make Classic Sonic not crash/glitch out when spindashing in 3d, so unless Sonic Team suddenly decided to make Classic properly playable in 3d, you can forget about that idea.

While it may seem like modders can magically do whatever they want with the game if you don't have experience with modding, making a game is quite a challenge by itself, and modding an existing game is 100 times harder. You should always know what you can and can't do before planning stuff like this, otherwise you could end up with nothing but wasted effort and disappointment.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Chuckle 1

On 11/4/2017 at 6:25 PM, Framerate said:

So far sonic forces is a little bit dissipointing when it comes to level design and gameplay. This mod adds lots of gameplay value that meets those expectations let's start out with the simple plans.

gameplay: I plan to make the gameplay longer and fun making the game a fun game to play 

1: open based level design for modern sonic and custom avatar.

2: The return of adventure fields that are bigger and fun to explore with shops and missions

3: fully 3d classic sonic levels 

4: choa garden

5: settlement building take the regions in the hub and build settlements to fight back the villains 

so so far that's all I got I planned to work on this mod I promise you it won't be dissipointing 

appreciate your ambition and aspirations but what you want to do will take so much time and effort you might as well put it towards making your own game and earn money from it.

• 2 months later...
On 11/4/2017 at 1:33 PM, Mauricius said:

Besides, in the 6 years of Generations modding nobody has even figured how to make Classic Sonic not crash/glitch out when spindashing in 3d, so unless Sonic Team suddenly decided to make Classic properly playable in 3d, you can forget about that idea.

actually i used a mod to have classic in modern stages and it worked pretty good but the only downside is that it's hard to spindash without doing the instadash so it is possible for this game to have 3d classic, just you cant use spindash on the ground.