Awoo.

Sonic Forces: Instruction Manual

Sonictrainer

Oh neat, looks like new renders for the wisps? 

Also, really hope there are renders somewhere for the dog, hedgehog, bear, and rabbit avatars. Just cause... I'd like there to be.

• Fist Bump 1

Interesting that you can only choose some things once for the avatar and never change it again.

Also isn't the world map page spoiling the Death Egg by having a picture of it?

Pretty lively for a manual. Someone actually put a little love and care into this sucker.

I used to look forward to reading the manuals of all the new games I brought on the way home from the store, so its nice to see the "art" form of it all make a mini comeback. Shame stuff like this will be all digital from now on, but I can at least appreciate that somebody carved out the time to get this done.

1 minute ago, septimus01 said:

Interesting that you can only choose some things once for the avatar and never change it again.

Also isn't the world map page spoiling the Death Egg by having a picture of it?

Its pretty standard for CaC to perma-lock you into base choices like Gender, Race, ect. That shouldn't be surprising.

Its not like you cant make more Avatars down the line if you want to try out some other species, or a girl character to go with your boy.

• Thumbs Up 1

At this point, I want Nakamura to come out to the public and straight up admit that Classic Sonic was a half-assed last-minute addition.

They're making it so obvious that Classic wasn't meant to be in this.

I'm still standing by the theory that Classic Sonic was supposed to be Boom Sonic until the backlash against Sonic Boom and the push for an Avatar character led to them turning what what was Boom Sonic into Buddy.

3 hours ago, Almar said:

I'm still standing by the theory that Classic Sonic was supposed to be Boom Sonic until the backlash against Sonic Boom and the push for an Avatar character led to them turning what what was Boom Sonic into Buddy.

And I'm still standing by basically all the other evidence that the Avatar was the core concept of the project from the get-go, Classic was the editor's push, and if Sonic Boom ever came into it it was only to steal the Enerbeam concept and nothing else, but whaddaya gonna do?

4 hours ago, Almar said:

Hmm, I think it’s the other way round.

Classic Sonic was in Sonic Forces from the very beginning, or perhaps he was added a year into development after SLW failed. Remember, they were working on something that didn’t have Boost or Parkour gameplay. So they decided to scrap it, play it safe and go for an Anniversary game. This time with a third playable Sonic which was meant to be Boom!Sonic. But when that turned out to be a failure as well, they quickly changed it to the Avatar concept. The similarities are there, like the tall lanky model (notice how much taller Avatar is compared to Sonic!) and grapplehook looking like Enerbeam. Very fishy...

Btw I still don’t know why Classic Sonic is even here. His addition is so pointless, they didn’t even put him in the character profile part of this manual! 

There's no mention of Episode Shadow in the manual, so I think it's early to guess if there will be additional dlc after that.

• Thumbs Up 2