Awoo.

Sonic Forces Reviews Thread

Apollo Chungus

1 minute ago, Sonikko said:

I'd say so. This is terrible.

One or two (or three) bad songs can't be compared to an entire discography of trash sorry 

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Soniman said:

One or two (or three) bad songs can't be compared to an entire discography of trash sorry 

I'd say the OST has a handful of salvageable tracks and the rest is pure trash, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Soniman said:

The Classic music is all naff sounding faux chip tunes.

The modern music is the grating S4 synth out the wazoo.

The avatar music includes a few good vocal tracks.

Fiat Bump is God awful.

It kind of is the worst soundtrack since Chronicles. That's not saying it's bad, because Sonic soundtracks are generally really good. This is just below par.

• Thumbs Up 8

I'd say it beat ShtH, but yeah that's not saying much given I put that games soundtrack equal to chronicles as it's really forgettable 

2 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

The Classic music is all naff sounding faux chip tunes.

The modern music is the grating S4 synth out the wazoo.

The avatar music includes a few good vocal tracks.

Fiat Bump is God awful.

It kind of is the worst soundtrack since Chronicles. That's not saying it's bad, because Sonic soundtracks are generally really good. This is just below par.

Music is subjective so this argument will go absolutely nowhere, if you think it's worse then stuff like Sonic 4 and what have you more power to you. I certainly don't though 

2 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

What is this, circus music?!

Well Dr.Eggman is basically a evil clown. Hohoo!

• Thumbs Up 2

18 minutes ago, Sonikko said:

If I had to guess what stage was this music for on my own, Death Egg would probably be my last guess. I mean I thought Death Egg was supposed to be epic and menacing.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/637100/Sonic_Forces/

Who said it was well received by people again?

I think it´s not safe to say it´s because of the game itself. It won´t do much better, but the negatives at least for now are mainly for the crashes at the end of the first Avatar stage, cutscene stuttering and so on.

Well, at least they still have money for DRM, so that's good. Now if only they'd have a game worth protecting from piracy.

• Chuckle 2

19 minutes ago, Sonikko said:

Hahahaha wtf

Yeah sorry, this IS terrible! I mean, I definitely wouldn’t put this soundtrack on par with Sonic Chronicles but as far as mostly forgettable soundtracks go, it’s up there with Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic Lost World for sure. 

There’s some good songs here and there like Light of Hope, the Avatar songs and some of the orchestral music but everything else is just forgettable noise. I HATE Sonic’s synths in particular, they’re so overused.  

1 minute ago, Azure P said:

Sounds like a remix of

Sounds nothing like it if I'm honest. And that's coming from someone who thinks Cosmic Angel has a pretty cool tune.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Fist Bump 1

13 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/637100/Sonic_Forces/

Who said it was well received by people again?

Oh it just crashes, fantastic. Well at least it frees up your time to play something better.

34 minutes ago, Sonikko said:

Guess Ghost town and Eggman's boss theme really are the only good Genesis-esque ones.

25 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

What is this, circus music?!

Seems like Eggman still hasn't recovered from his days as a carnie!

2 minutes ago, GuyWithThePie said:

Seems like Eggman still hasn't recovered from his days as a carnie!

That song was a good example that some unused things should stay unused forever, lol.

• Chuckle 1

Sonic 4's music is just bad, but Forces' Classic OST honestly sounds like something I'd hear from a lame Sonic fanhack. You know, a hack with a bunch of slightly interesting, yet all around forgettable music that you can't help but wonder if it was ripped from some other forgotten game or intentionally made to be boring.

Really, the first thing I thought of when hearing Classic Death Egg was that I was listening to a Sonic Megamix reject.

• Thumbs Up 6
  • Chuckle 2

1 minute ago, McGroose said:

Sonic 4's music is just bad, but Forces' Classic OST honestly sounds like something I'd hear from a lame Sonic fanhack. You know, a hack with a bunch of slightly interesting, yet all around forgettable music that you can't help but wonder if it was ripped from some other forgotten game or intentionally made to be boring.

Really, the first thing I thought of when hearing Classic Death Egg was that I was listening to a Sonic Megamix reject.

The egg dragoon boss was pretty epic to me. Not the slow, embarrassing first phase though.

45 minutes ago, Sonikko said:

Maybe someone could modernize somehow on youtube.

I wanted to give this game a fair chance. I really did. But the PC port is so terrible I can't even try, so I've already requested a refund.

• Thumbs Up 1